Place an "Average Wait Time" on each persons wall[Poll]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Should we place an Average Wait Time on each person's wall?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 31

Re: Place an "Average Wait Time" on each persons wall[Poll]

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 am

I wonder how long before some of the suggestions get worked on... I am sure there is a very long line of them...
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:29 am

Crazy Frog wrote:I wonder how long before some of the suggestions get worked on... I am sure there is a very long line of them...

Going on five years now for at least one fairly easy one that had massive community support and that's actually more of a bug to fix than anything else.

Hope you're not in a rush.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Voldemart, I don't think that speed games would be included in the number if I'm not mistaken, or at least they shouldn't be.
I like the idea, sort of. It does seem maybe a little bit of an infringement of privacy. Maybe instead of an actual number, those people who consistently took their turns quickly could have a star on their profile that meant "star turn taker". Sort of like an ebay power seller? That way, if you joined a game with this person you could rest assured that he/she most likely won't deadbeat or take a full day to turn.
Another problem I see is that even people who are slow turners will want to join these games since everyone wants to take their turn when most convenient. Now there is one slow turner in a game who will hold up the works. Maybe we should just kill them?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 pm

"... maybe we should just kill them...~ Hmmm Yes that would do the trick... :-)

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby darth emperor on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:14 am

I'm against this suggestion, as I find this info very useless. Is a good idea if people took the turns in order, but it's not like that. That's why we have the skip option.

For more info:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172707 (altough this one add, a filter to join games depending on your average wait time)
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (2)

PreMove Time... helps avoid the deadbeats

Postby Doobie Keebler on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm

When I look for a game to join there are a few things I look for:
One is the percentage of turns completed.. (Attendance) Missed turns can ruin a well-played, competitive game, most notably when its your partner.
But alone, this stat really doesn't tell us all that much about a player you don't know. An Additional number would give far more practical info.
PreMove is 24 hrs. minus the time remaining on the countdown clock when "Begin Turn" button is clicked, Averaged. (Singles ONLY)
or - said another way - On average, how long does it take a player to begin his/her turn once it becomes his/her turn.
A player with a 97% Attendance and a PreMove time of 9:43:12 probably plays twice a day and misses now and then. - Reliable when he comes to work!
A player with a 96% Attendance and a PreMove time of 17:01:09 - this guy checks-in once a day at the most. If it's not his turn he might miss tomorrow.
A player with a 99% or 100% Attendance and a PreMove of 4:12:58 is my partner!

Concise description:
During a game it can help determine roughly how long you should expect to wait for your turn.
In conjunction with the Attendance Percentage gives solid, practical information about other players when choosing a game to join.
Specifics/Details:
Add an additional stat on a player’s profile (along with Attendance) that shows the player’s “PreMove” time.
(24 hrs. minus the time remaining on the countdown clock when "Begin Turn" button is clicked, Averaged).
This can only be calculated during single games for obvious reasons precluding it from other formats but with that understanding would still serve as a useful stat.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This would lift the players’ overall experience as they could better avoid the deadbeat or very slow players.
Some players may very well be more conscientious about their own numbers if they start looking “Slow”.
Games including players with better PreMove times will fill faster. Ultimately, more games will be played!
And, did I mention: No More DaedBeat Partners!
Corporal 1st Class Doobie Keebler

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: PreMove Time... helps avoid the deadbeats

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm

I'll be your partner doobie.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Average Response Time

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

PapaGeek wrote:I disagree that this is a good example. I play at night before I hit the bed (11PM), again in the morning (7 AM), during my lunch break at work, (12 noon), and when I get home (5 PM).

My time between moves it 8 hours, 5 hours, 5 hours, and 6 hours.

If you play multiple times a day your longest time between move should be no more that 10 to 12 hours, and it does not matter what country you live in.

What I want to track here is the difference between those who do play multiple times a day and those who play just once a day.

I’ve gathered the logs / stats from a number of really show games and there is usually one or two players who average well over 12 hours per move.

If you play twice a day, your average should be close to 6 hours. Sometimes you move right after someone else, other times they move right after you logged off and it will be 12 hours before your turn. And it does not matter how your clock is adjusted to GMT. Those who play multiple times a day will have lower numbers than those who play just once!

but those of us in rare timezones do not have turns available.

i log in at 5pm, take my turns, log in at 6 only 3 games, log in at 7 only 3 games, log in at 8 only 3 games.

i have logged in many times but as most players are in north america very few turns are available
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: PreMove Time... helps avoid the deadbeats

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

this has been suggested and rejected

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Show "Player Average Turn Length" when joining 24 hour g

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 am

if this going to be merged into this

Place an average wait time on each persons wall

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 am

greenoaks wrote:if this going to be merged into this

Place an average wait time on each persons wall

Yes, now that I'm a suggestions mod, I can do the MERGE that needed.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 am

If this were available...
then it could also be keyed into the options when Searching for a game...
It could also be keyed into the options of the game itself so that the person starting the game could specify the acceptable wait time....Average wait time 8 hours, 12, or 24

If a persons average wait time was 18-24 for example... they could not join a game that was keyed with a requirement of Lower average.

By giving this option you could have 8 (or more) player sequential games... but these games could play allot faster. Even two or three moves a day on an 8 player sequential... think about it. That would be nice.

For those of us who come in three or 4... or 8-10 times per day... this would be a great option for gameplay.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

Crazy Frog wrote:If this were available...
then it could also be keyed into the options when Searching for a game...
It could also be keyed into the options of the game itself so that the person starting the game could specify the acceptable wait time....Average wait time 8 hours, 12, or 24

If a persons average wait time was 18-24 for example... they could not join a game that was keyed with a requirement of Lower average.

By giving this option you could have 8 (or more) player sequential games... but these games could play allot faster. Even two or three moves a day on an 8 player sequential... think about it. That would be nice.

For those of us who come in three or 4... or 8-10 times per day... this would be a great option for gameplay.

yeah, not going to happen.

11 votes

hardly anyone cares, for or against. the community is meh.

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 am

Maybe the poll should be re-opened I didn't get a chance to vote :)
Sergeant iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Maybe the poll should be re-opened I didn't get a chance to vote :)
Done

Edit:
MERGED: Average time to take a turn in the wall
Last edited by spiesr on Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Postby Crazy Frog on Thu May 16, 2013 4:13 pm

lord voldemort wrote:This is pointless. Hell you could just boost your turn times in a month of speed play so that your turn time is good and then the problem is solved. Useless waste of time

Speed games should not would not be including in this as they would skew the results.

Only normal 24 hour turn based play would be considered by the program.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:12 pm

REJECTED due to lack of support in addition to the very limited value of this not being enough to warrant the effort.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:56 am

Corporal JamesKer1
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby reallybigslick on Mon May 19, 2014 6:50 pm

This is a great idea, seems theres always guys who games are held up on. I came to suggest this or a ranking or rating system for how quickly you start your turn when it becomes your turn...
Sergeant reallybigslick

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Rejected Suggestions