Inability to Join Foe Games Only If Foe Created the Game

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Inability to Join Foe Games Only If Foe Created the Game

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Fazeem wrote:so the logic I see is the site has a hypocrisy when it comes to foeing, what the site advocates is those that are foed should suck it up and create a new game with the same settings but those doing the foeing should not have to create there own game to avoid playing a foe because they may not know enough people?

There is a suggestion that has been accepted wherein if I foe someone, they cannot join my games AND I cannot join their games. It is seven years old, but hey...are we in a rush to get the system working right? Anyway, my point is that this would essentially fix the problem.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm

citizencane86 wrote:If you harass, are beligerant, racist, etc. you can EXPECT a ban WITHOUT refund. Yet, there are no bans...

This is a statement of ignorance. Bans certainly occur. They're not even particularly rare. It is just that it takes extraordinary circumstances (be they of consistency over time or of significance of individual act) to warrant one. You'll find few who are greater "disgruntlers" than I as far as how the rules are enforced on this site, but bans certainly happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Fazeem on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Fazeem wrote:I think that this is a very valid suggestion a foe should only be able to block you from games they create. Making this change would definitely decrease frivolous foeing, multiple identical games that take forever to fill, increase participation. The current system provide the potential for 1 person on the site to lock the rest of the site out of every open public game they do not start.

Noone has addressed this issue and potential/actual abuse by the current system. this suggestion along with the other one of not being allowed to join games of people you foed would resolve these problems but which more effectively?
Lieutenant Fazeem

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Fazeem wrote:
Fazeem wrote:I think that this is a very valid suggestion a foe should only be able to block you from games they create. Making this change would definitely decrease frivolous foeing, multiple identical games that take forever to fill, increase participation. The current system provide the potential for 1 person on the site to lock the rest of the site out of every open public game they do not start.

Noone has addressed this issue and potential/actual abuse by the current system. this suggestion along with the other one of not being allowed to join games of people you foed would resolve these problems but which more effectively?

Not possible to join every game, as there is a 50 game limit on games waiting to Start.

I can't imagine someone actually doing this. In the 7 years this site has been up, not once has this happened. And this would logically fall under the Common sense policy.

Don't be intentionally annoying!

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it.

If someone was to actually do this, you could bet the admin's or Multi Hunters would be on it, and the user would likely be banned.

To be honest, I can't imagine someone doing this, because they would have to take the time to actually go through the scoreboard, go to each individual profile, and block. So they'd have to go to just under 13 000 different pages to do this. Then they would have to actually join each and every game (Up to the limit i mentioned earlier), or join every game with 1 slot left.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Postby clangfield on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Fazeem wrote:

Not possible to join every game, as there is a 50 game limit on games waiting to Start.

I can't imagine someone actually doing this. In the 7 years this site has been up, not once has this happened. And this would logically fall under the Common sense policy.

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it.

If someone was to actually do this, you could bet the admin's or Multi Hunters would be on it, and the user would likely be banned.

To be honest, I can't imagine someone doing this, because they would have to take the time to actually go through the scoreboard, go to each individual profile, and block. So they'd have to go to just under 13 000 different pages to do this. Then they would have to actually join each and every game (Up to the limit i mentioned earlier), or join every game with 1 slot left.

On top of which, if they've foed everyone, then surely they won't be able to find and join the games in the first place...
I'd like to see "number of foes/ number foed by" indicator on everyone's profile - then it shouldn't be too hard for mods to pick up if anyone's going OTT with their foeing.
Sergeant 1st Class clangfield

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Fazeem on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Fazeem wrote:

so a premium can only join in 50 games?
Lieutenant Fazeem

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:54 pm

You can only have 50 games awaiting players.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 am

DoomYoshi wrote:You can only have 50 games awaiting players.

This. If you have 50 games in your "Awaiting Players" list, you can no longer join anymore games, Even if you were the last to join, as I believe it goes to the Awaiting Players list, recognizes that it's full, then pushes it to Active.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Fazeem on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 pm

still this is a good idea the participants in a game should be up to the creator of the game not someone who joins
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Fazeem wrote:still this is a good idea the participants in a game should be up to the creator of the game not someone who joins

Why can't the creator of the game simply contact the "foe-er" and ask them to either drop the game or unfoe the other individual that the creator of the game wants to play with?

That seems like the fix with the least amount of undesireable side-effects.

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Fazeem wrote:still this is a good idea the participants in a game should be up to the creator of the game not someone who joins

Why can't the creator of the game simply contact the "foe-er" and ask them to either drop the game or unfoe the other individual that the creator of the game wants to play with?

This doesn't apply to people have it to where people the foe cannot contact them (IE their PM's are auto-deleted)
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Major Jdsizzleslice

Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby spiesr on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Postby clangfield on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 am

Woodruff wrote:

a) How would they know who has foed whom?
b) What happens if they say No? Would you (as the creator of a game) really want to spend time trying to persuade someone to unfoe or leave a game?
c) What if the foe-er really wants to play that game, with some of the other participants? Why should they give up in favour of someone that they've foed?

Saying that "participants in a game should be up to the creator of the game" is too simplistic I'm afraid. There shouldn't be an attempt to force people to play together if they really can't stand each other. The Foe process is simple and clear as it stands, and there are plenty of games to choose from.
Sergeant 1st Class clangfield

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:04 am

I don't think that ability to join foe's games should be allowed. But, I do think that the amount of people that one person can foe should have a cap. Feck medal hunters. I found that I was blocked out of a ton of escalating games at one point just because some idiot won against me once.

Cap should be set at a reasonable number. How many people is it likely that you would need to foe in order to block idiots? Certainly less than 100. (less than 50 even?) It would force people to review their foe lists and only put people on it that truly deserve to be there. Problem solved.

If you have a massive foe list, you're the one with the problem. There's less than 5 on mine, and they do deserve to be there. I don't want them joining a game that I have joined. They should not be allowed to dictate what games I can play since they're on my foe list. If I see them in a game, I will not join. If I join the game first, I deserve the right not to be harassed by them in the game chat... or targetted by them in gameplay.

18:19:01 ‹#1_stunna› Pixar is the only noob that would leave Kort
18:20:39 ‹*Pixar*› thats a new sig!
18:20:51 ‹*Pixar*› "only player to leave kort"
Major Shannon Apple

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions