Conquer Club

[Foe] Inability to Join Foe Games If Foe Created the Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

[Foe] Inability to Join Foe Games If Foe Created the Game

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:18 am

Concise description:
  • Foe-list only works for the original game creators when it's a FFA game

Specifics:
  • If it is Standard/Assassin/Terminator then only the foe-list of the game-creator/first-person is used to determine who can and can't join
  • If it is a team game, everyone's foe-list is in effect, as per usual

Still allows you to keep your foes out of your team games, but the 'open' games are still open to everyone who isn't on the OP's list.
The problem I see this solving is when there is say a Standard 8p game with 1-6 players in, then KLOBBER joins for instance. No-one else can join. He's basically earmarking the game, which is against the spirit of Public games.
Captain e_i_pi

Re: Suggestion: Limitation on the effect of foe lists

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:25 am

I like the idea in theory...

But, 90% of the people on my foes list are people who have suicided (into me or someone else). I do not want to play ANY games with that person. So if I join a game, I still do not want that person in it no matter what.

Yes, it is unfair to the game creator that he might be friends with that person... but I would say I choose not being suicided into and hypothetically stopping that from happening to the game creator rather than being a bit more fair to game creators.

Good idea, but I would vote "no"
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:29 am

The Neon Peon wrote:I like the idea in theory...

But, 90% of the people on my foes list are people who have suicided (into me or someone else). I do not want to play ANY games with that person. So if I join a game, I still do not want that person in it no matter what.

Yes, it is unfair to the game creator that he might be friends with that person... but I would say I choose not being suicided into and hypothetically stopping that from happening to the game creator rather than being a bit more fair to game creators.

Yeah sure, no dramas. I'm more interested in just getting this idea out there for discussion. Some foe lists are a bit overboard IMO, just tossing up ideas to curtail the impact they have
Captain e_i_pi

Postby demonfork on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:23 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:I like the idea in theory...

If you are not the host of the game, why should your foe list apply to everyone else? I have always thought that this was a lame feature of the foe list. I have even been in situations where we had to drop the game that the host started and start up a new one, so that I could hop in before the guy did that had me on his foe list, or have the host send a pm saying "could you please take demonfork off of your foe list so he can join my game"

I think that this is a good idea, and would be for it's implementation
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:29 pm

:shock:
Demonfork is agreeing with me? Someone ring Beelzebub, put in an order for 10 million ice cubes.

I would like to see it implemented, but you know, it's a raw idea. I don't mind being on people's foe lists, that's fine, but when it's abused and creates an environment of exclusivity, then it starts becoming it's own problem.
Captain e_i_pi

Postby GrimReaper. on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:33 pm

i like it
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby Artimis on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:36 pm

A fringe benefit also is that hardcore farmers who foe regular players can't block regulars from joining unless they're the host.

My vote is 'Aye'.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Artimis wrote:A fringe benefit also is that hardcore farmers who foe regular players can't block regulars from joining unless they're the host.

My vote is 'Aye'.

Q: Um... yeah... and when is a farmer not a host?
A: When he joins last and still has a 100% chance of farming...

You need to use logic a bit more often... or maybe I am missing something?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:00 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
Artimis wrote:A fringe benefit also is that hardcore farmers who foe regular players can't block regulars from joining unless they're the host.

My vote is 'Aye'.

Q: Um... yeah... and when is a farmer not a host?
A: When he joins last and still has a 100% chance of farming...

You need to use logic a bit more often... or maybe I am missing something?

Game 3907033
Game 3907039
Game 3907479
Game 3908894

That's from a search of actives alone.
Captain e_i_pi

Postby Artimis on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:57 am

The Neon Peon wrote:or maybe I am missing something?

I could answer that, but then I'd be put on forum vacation. Besides I don't want to annoy e_i_pi by derailing his/her thread. I believe the point has been made, this suggestion is a good idea and I'm firmly behind it.

Captain Artimis

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:35 pm

e_i_pi wrote:Concise description:
Specifics:
  • If it is Standard/Assassin/Terminator then only the foe-list of the game-creator/first-person is used to determine who can and can't join
Still allows you to keep your foes out of your team games, but the 'open' games are still open to everyone who isn't on the OP's list.
The problem I see this solving is when there is say a Standard 8p game with 1-6 players in, then KLOBBER joins for instance. No-one else can join. He's basically earmarking the game, which is against the spirit of Public games.

If I understand this idea correctly, I hate it. Allow me to explain why...almost everyone on my FOE list is there because of abusive language. If they're allowed to join any game I'm in simply because I didn't start it, then I am still going to be subjected once again to their abusive language. This suggestion, in my opinion, essentially eliminates all value of the FOE list. However, I recognize I may have misunderstood the idea, so feel free to tell me if I have.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:38 pm

demonfork wrote:If you are not the host of the game, why should your foe list apply to everyone else?

It seems patently obvious to me that the answer to this question is "because each individual is still playing in the game and each individual's enjoyment is just as important as anyone else's in the game".

In fact, I would say it seems very odd that ONLY the original game-starter's FOE list would apply to the game. That really eliminates the idea of what the FOE list is designed to do.

Postby e_i_pi on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Woodruff wrote:
e_i_pi wrote:Concise description:
Specifics:

If I understand this idea correctly, I hate it. Allow me to explain why...almost everyone on my FOE list is there because of abusive language. If they're allowed to join any game I'm in simply because I didn't start it, then I am still going to be subjected once again to their abusive language. This suggestion, in my opinion, essentially eliminates all value of the FOE list. However, I recognize I may have misunderstood the idea, so feel free to tell me if I have.

I'll answer this as best I can...

If it is a team game, they cannot join, so you don't have to put up with their shit no matter what
If it is Standard/Assassin/Terminator and you didn't start the game, they can still join. BUT, because they are on your foe list, they are automatically ignored, so you don't have to read their abusive language in game chat.

Sound better now? It's essentially to stop earmarking of games, abuse in game chat will still be ignored as your foe settings auto-ignore them :)
Captain e_i_pi

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:03 am

e_i_pi wrote:
Woodruff wrote:If I understand this idea correctly, I hate it. Allow me to explain why...almost everyone on my FOE list is there because of abusive language. If they're allowed to join any game I'm in simply because I didn't start it, then I am still going to be subjected once again to their abusive language. This suggestion, in my opinion, essentially eliminates all value of the FOE list. However, I recognize I may have misunderstood the idea, so feel free to tell me if I have.

I'll answer this as best I can...
If it is a team game, they cannot join, so you don't have to put up with their shit no matter what
If it is Standard/Assassin/Terminator and you didn't start the game, they can still join. BUT, because they are on your foe list, they are automatically ignored, so you don't have to read their abusive language in game chat.
Sound better now? It's essentially to stop earmarking of games, abuse in game chat will still be ignored as your foe settings auto-ignore them :)

Good point, and I hadn't considered the fact that I still wouldn't see their chat...I forgot about that affect of the FOE list. So for me personally, it does work since that's primarily why I FOE folks. Other FOE reasons may still not be aided by it, though.

Foe List only counts for creator of game.

Postby Try Again on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 am

<
Concise description:
Whenever somebody creates a game the only foe list in effect in the joining of the game is the creators.
Specifics:
For Example if person A creates a game has person D on ignore. And person B is friends with person A and person B has person C on ignore. Person B joins the game. The only person that would be blocked from the game because person D was the only one on person A's ignore list.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
In Battle Royale many people couldnt join because somebody had them on ignore. The person who starts the game doesnt have a choice who joins the game besides the ignore list and somebody can make a decesion to join a game or not even if they have the person on the ignore list.

I hope I'm not confusing
Corporal Try Again

Re: Foe List only counts for creator of game.

Postby Artimis on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73219

This post is on the same subject, it also has my support, maybe the mods might consider merging these posts?

Captain Artimis

[Foe] Allow Foe to Join Game Entered, Not Created

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Concise description:
  • Change foe mechanics so one can join a game in which the foe is in, but is not hosting.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently, if a person has foed you and is in a game either as the host or in another slot, you cannot join. This suggestion would change the mechanics so that if the person is in another slot in the game, player 2 through 7, you can still join.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The host of a game should have discretion on who is banned from his/her game, not another player.
  • In theory, if I foed every person on the site, I could join every single multiplayer game which has at least one extra slot still open and prevent every one of those games from being filled.
  • If you have a foe in the same game as you, you already can't see their chat, so the main issue is whether they suicide on you - if they do so, rate it accordingly. If you already have, investigate it and see if they are habitually doing it and report it.
  • I have a short memory - I've tried to join a game and it's blocked me because I was foed by someone and I was like really? I didn't even remember playing that person. I would not have caused trouble for them in the game... unless they did something new!
  • Compromise: Don't let foed players join the same team, but permit them to join another team or join in a free-for-all.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Re: Change Foe Mechanics

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 pm

I don't see this happening. Many players don't create games at all, so basically the foe button would be absolutely, 100% useless for them. (Unless they post in the forums, but this isn't about the forums)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Dibbun wrote:
  • Don't let foed players join the same team, but permit them to join another team or join in a free-for-all.

this would be good. there are many players out there i don't want on my team but it would be ok to play against them.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Maybe if you can have options on your foe mechanics. Like
-Don't allow player on my team
-Don't allow player in game i started/joined
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

The idea of a foe button is so that you don't have to see or hear from them anymore. If you want to see them again or play with them, y not just pm them and both of you unfoe each other.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby jefjef on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 am

I have some peeps foed just to screw with but most of them are foed because I DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SPEW OR PLAY GAMES WITH. :)

What needs to be fixed is people should not be able to join games with those they have on foe...
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Dibbun on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 am

I understand that you don't want to play/see people you have foed but I have a problem when you're forcing your foe list on the person who created the game. If someone creates an 8-person free for all, when that last spot is going to get filled you have 7 different foe lists active.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jefjef on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 am

Dibbun wrote:I understand that you don't want to play/see people you have foed but I have a problem when you're forcing your foe list on the person who created the game. If someone creates an 8-person free for all, when that last spot is going to get filled you have 7 different foe lists active.

Yeah well I don't play anything but team games. I am occasionally contacted by someone asking if I would unfoe them. It works fine.

FYI: The vast majority hardly use the foe option and when they do it's very few on it So I can't believe it's that much of an issue. (Unless my list is involved)
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:15 am

jefjef wrote:I have some peeps foed just to screw with but most of them are foed because I DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SPEW OR PLAY GAMES WITH. :)

What needs to be fixed is people should not be able to join games with those they have on foe...

Yeah, like how you join games that I created even though you have me foed....
Major tkr4lf

Next

Return to Suggestions