Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Foe List only counts for creator of game.

Postby Artimis on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73219

This post is on the same subject, it also has my support, maybe the mods might consider merging these posts?
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Inability to Join Foe Games Only If Foe Created the Game

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Concise description:
Change the effect of the foe list.

Specifics/Details:
I am, as far as I know, only on 1 person's foe list because that player was very irrational (called me a suicider when I attacked him 15v7 when if I won, I would get a bonus) and so because of a player that was completely clueless foe'd me, I can no longer join games that this player is in. Unfortunately, he seems to be in a number of games I would like to join.

This really bothers me in the sense that I have seemingly been banished from a number of games I enjoy playing because of this one players irrational thinking. Even if this player did not create the game, I can not join.

My suggestion is change the effect of the for list in this such manner. (Player A is on player B's foe list).

- Player A wishes to join an 8 player game. Unfortunately, because player B is say, the 5 player to join the game, player A is not allowed to join the game. This situation is unfair to player A in such manner that player B did not start the game, it is not player B's settings, but player B is just a random opponent in the game but still prevents player A from joining.
- My suggestion is that player A should not be banned from all games that include player B. Player A should be banned from any game player B creates, but if player B joins a random game, than player A should be allowed as well.

I know the point of a foe list is to prevent a player one feels plays the game poorly from playing each other again. However, people have abused this system and in cases such as mine, prevent the abused player from joining a lot of games again. I feel I was wrongly foe'd but a clueless player but because of this, I can not join a lot of games I once played and played very fairly with no complants before. 15v7 is not suicide in my book but because some player did not like losing, I am not prevented from many games.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- This will benefit the site because it will allow a lot of players to join many more games. If the person who foe'd player A see's this person in the game again, maybe they will see player A had a bad game or that there is nothing wrong with that player. But if player A is truly that bad, than others can foe him as well.
- Will not allow for players to abuse the foe list and basically give players control of what games some players can play. If someone on is on a foe list, they should only be prevented from playing in games created by the player who foe'd them.

[MOD EDIT: Some useful posts in this thread:

"Workarounds"/reasons it hasn't been done
A well-written, but identical suggestion

--agentcom]
Last edited by agentcom on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity, added links to posts
Sergeant ziggyy77

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: FOE LIST CHANGE

Postby phantomzero on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

or you could just ask him nicely to remove you from his foe list?
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

The player thought i was suicidal when i had more than double his army and as much as i tried to explain it to him in game, he just went off on me and kept talking about how i am on his foe list.... Unfortunately, i doubt he will take me off his list because i ask nicely.
Sergeant ziggyy77

Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby ask me2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

So what? Make your own game with those settings.
Major ask me2

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 pm

What if there is an 8 player game with 7 people already in... i should just create my own game and wait for who know's how long until people join my game? I should be able to join that alomst filled 8 player game even if i am on 1 person's foe list who might have been the 7th person to join.
Sergeant ziggyy77

Postby Evolution299 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

I agree with Ziggyy here. Im on Great Ollies foe list, cause I attacked him in a 3 player Lux. map game, where if my dice would have even been average I would have eliminated him and won the game. Because I auto'd and my dice were horrible, I never got to eliminate him, just cripple him.
Ive asked to him to remove the foe ,but he doesnt respond. This eliminates me from alot of 8 player Doodle games that enjoy playing.
I think there has to be a better system to the foed list.
Sergeant 1st Class Evolution299

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:What if there is an 8 player game with 7 people already in... i should just create my own game and wait for who know's how long until people join my game?

Yes. Sorry, but the purpose of a foe list is to avoid playing with a certain player (or have to read their posts, but that's another story). He should be free to join games without worrying about one of his foes taking the 8th spot.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

@drunkmonkey ... But that should be the risk of joining a game you don't start... a person should not have the power to prevent other players from joining big games like that, its unfair to someone like me or evolution... because 1 certain person disagreed with a single move in a game, we are prevented from joining other games that person joins? It should be regulated to the games that person starts not games created by other people
Sergeant ziggyy77

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:@drunkmonkey ... But that should be the risk of joining a game you don't start... a person should not have the power to prevent other players from joining big games like that, its unfair to someone like me or evolution... because 1 certain person disagreed with a single move in a game, we are prevented from joining other games that person joins? It should be regulated to the games that person starts not games created by other people

You act as if you only have 2 or 3 games to choose from. Make your own. Find opponents in the Callouts forum. Join tournaments. Join games early, before your foe gets there.

By choosing to only join games with 1 or 2 spots open, you're only limiting yourself. Sorry, but I can't find anything unfair here.
Major drunkmonkey

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

The Foe list setup should not be changed. Unless someone is getting foed by many, many people, it is still very easy to find games. And if if they are getting foed by that many people, then they probably deserve it.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby ziggyy77 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am

but if you like to play a certain game, as evolution stated above such as an 8 player assassin game on doodle, that same player joins all those games and therefore you can not join. I don't get why this site gives that type of power to someone. I have made a few suggestions on here and a few have been turned down because I was told people would abuse the option.

Yes, it is one player but why should i have to go from joining all the games i usually joined to having to pick and choose and hope i join a game before that one player? He didn't start the game, he didn't make the settings, he didn't do anything besides join a game he did not start and have a wrong opinion about me or any other player and therefore prevents any player he foe's for good reason or not, from joining a game he did not start.

That is way to much power to one player. It should be the complete opposite. If he wants to foe me fine, that should prevent me from joining games HE creates, not games anyone else creates. That is completely unfair to plenty of players on this site.
Sergeant ziggyy77

Postby Geger on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 am

I know how do you feel, ziggy77. But please try to understand other situations. There are really bad players here, who you don't want to play with (eq: viewtopic.php?f=239&t=162507 - before he is banned). Just imagine, you joined a game, and this guy join after you.
General Geger

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am

ziggyy77 wrote:but if you like to play a certain game, as evolution stated above such as an 8 player assassin game on doodle,

Start your own.

[/discussion]
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ziggyy77 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Like i mentioned before, some games take a very long time to get going and for people to join. If there are two games, one with some people in it and a new one, started by me, people are more likely to join the game with people in it already. I would want to join that game as well and not wait a day, 2 days, or a week for a game to start because i wasn't able to join another game because of one player.

You are giving power to people to keep certain players from games they do not start, but simply join. Would I like it if a player I did not like joined a game i was playing? Absolutely not, but I took the risk in joining someone else's game. And if the player were truly that bad, everyone else would see it and foe them. But since it is just one player with a poor opinion, he shouldn't have the power to prevent any player he wants from any game he is in. It should be just the one's he starts and if he chooses to join a game he did not start, than he takes the risk of his foe joining. That way, he can see that the player he foe'd isn't what he thought in the first place or other players can see how bad that player is and foe him as well and than it would make sense for that player not to be able to join games.

People who pay to use this site want to use it without restrictions. And if there are to be people who prevent other players from playing any game, it should be a MOD and not a random player with poor judgements.
Sergeant ziggyy77

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:Like i mentioned before, some games take a very long time to get going and for people to join. If there are two games, one with some people in it and a new one, started by me, people are more likely to join the game with people in it already. I would want to join that game as well and not wait a day, 2 days, or a week for a game to start because i wasn't able to join another game because of one player.

Do you understand why those games are going to start soon? Because someone started them from scratch a few days ago, and players joined at their own pace. Once those games fill, the game you started will become the most attractive option. If everyone followed the "only join a game with 1-2 spots open" approach you use, public games would never start. I'm sorry, but your argument of "it's not fair that I can't join every game that's starting in the next 20 minutes" isn't compelling.

You say people pay to use the site free of restrictions. I disagree. I pay to play fun games, and I pay to play under the rules that the site has laid out. If I foe someone, and he joins a game I'm in, it's no longer fun for me.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm

ziggy, you can start the games instead of joining... Or join faster than the guy(s) who have you foed.
Captain chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby ziggyy77 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Alright, i will start a game, wait a week to join, find this gets very, very boring waiting for each game i want to play in to start, just because i don't join fast enough. If this site feels the need to allow a random player to prevent other players from playing any type of game, than there is something obviously wrong with this site.

I can always turn it around and say if I join a game that that one player who has foe'd me is in, not started, than he can always turn around and leave the game or start a game which i can not be allowed to join since i am on his foe list. Your foe list allows one player, not someone associated with this site or works for this site, to be able to control whether or not another player(s) can join another game. If he creates it and i can't join because he made it than fine, that's what a foe list should represent. But to prevent any player from any game he is in because of whatever reason he wants, than that is abuse of this site and i can not believe the one defense this site uses is, start your own game.........
Sergeant ziggyy77

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Invite the players who usually play in those games and it will fill faster.

If it takes a week to fill, then go ahead and start multiple games so that when you are ready to play, the next one you want is getting ready to start.
Captain chapcrap

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:28 pm

I disagree entirely with this suggestion. In point of fact, the FOE LIST already is far weaker than it should be, as a foe'er can still join the games in which a foe'ee is present. Of course a suggestion to correct this was accepted OVER FOUR YEARS AGO and has yet to be implemented.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby agentcom on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Foe lists may be used however a user chooses barring some extreme abuse. This is how the foe list was intended to work and how it will continue to work. I do, personally, sympathize with you on one thing: Why should the onus for creating a game be on the foed person rather than the person who foed?

However, it appears that many users disagree with the suggestion and have offered the appropriate workarounds.

These workarounds include (1) start your own game; (2) join the game before anyone who has you foed; and (3) don't play in a way that gets you foed (may not apply here, but for many users on many people's foe lists, this is good advice.)

As such, REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Inability to Join Foe Games "Only" If Foe Created the Game

Postby citizencane86 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 am

[FOE JOINS A GAME BEFORE YOU - YOU CAN STILL JOIN GAME]

You should still be capable of joining a game that someone whom foed you joins

The moment someone else makes a game (say a friend) and a person whom foed you joins before you join - you are automatically disqualified from ever joining it. I think this is a horrible mechanic.

It should be coded so that you cannot join a game that a person whom foed you CREATED. The problem here is how it puts unfair pressure and stress on the creator and other players, with no history on either party. If one person is all that remains for starting a game and you cannot join that game, it's very likely the game will be dropped/shut down. So all players are negatively impacted by a quarell between two people whom have no relation to any of them.

The benefit is simple: it keeps foeing in-house. It ensures foeing only impacts the two people as it should - not others.

Again, I'm not attacking the foeing system - I'm simply stating the current idea of a first-come first-can join/other sol is flawed. It negatively impacts other players; it creates further animosity (why should i need to be reminded that I'm foed by someone) and it makes this game unattractive if i'm not allowed to join half the games available BECAUSE someone who foed me is in them (and did not create them).

Remember, foeing has no rules. Anyone can be foed for any reason. i have countless foes for "winning" games; people don't like playing gainst pepople who beat them. As a result, it ruins this sites' selling feature: play risk anytime, anywhere with anyone.
Last edited by agentcom on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed all caps headline
Sergeant 1st Class citizencane86

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: INABILITY TO JOIN FOE GAMES "ONLY" IF FOE CREATED THE GA

Postby aad0906 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 am

Fully agree. A buddy of mine set up a game and invited me. Before I accepted, some who has me on his foe list (for something I allegedly did wrong after I had just joined the site 3 years ago), joined the game before I could accept the invitation. As a result I could not accept my buddies invite. Ridiculous.
Major aad0906
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

love this idea.. thought about starting a thread many times on this topic.. figured it had already been suggested and too lazy to look for it...
makes no sense if the seventh player has you foed and you want to join... lame
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 pm

I will not join any game that anyone has foed me or I foed them. I haven't foed many but do not want to play in any game with them fullstop!!!
Major Agent 86

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions