Suggestion Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 am

oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

So back to the suggestions medal, I'm thinking that to get it:

1. There would have to be an implemented idea;
2. The recipient of the idea (preferably the person who came up with the idea) was integral to its implementation (followed the chat throughout and otherwise made a significant material contribution to the issue); and
3. The implemented idea was (at the discretion of the Suggs team) considered to be a material worthwhile idea for the good of the whole CC community (and not just some side issue only relevant to the person who suggested it).

But I'm uncertain if that covers everything.
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 am

thehippo8 wrote:oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

So back to the suggestions medal, I'm thinking that to get it:

1. There would have to be an implemented idea;
2. The recipient of the idea (preferably the person who came up with the idea) was integral to its implementation (followed the chat throughout and otherwise made a significant material contribution to the issue); and
3. The implemented idea was (at the discretion of the Suggs team) considered to be a material worthwhile idea for the good of the whole CC community (and not just some side issue only relevant to the person who suggested it).

But I'm uncertain if that covers everything.

i don't like point 3.

Admin have decided it was worthwhile for the whole of CC by implementing it.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 am

greenoaks wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:oops ... I meant for rdsrds (BMO) to leak. I take your point chap and now I'll stop derailing this thread!

So back to the suggestions medal, I'm thinking that to get it:

1. There would have to be an implemented idea;
2. The recipient of the idea (preferably the person who came up with the idea) was integral to its implementation (followed the chat throughout and otherwise made a significant material contribution to the issue); and
3. The implemented idea was (at the discretion of the Suggs team) considered to be a material worthwhile idea for the good of the whole CC community (and not just some side issue only relevant to the person who suggested it).

But I'm uncertain if that covers everything.

i don't like point 3.

Admin have decided it was worthwhile for the whole of CC by implementing it.

I don't think there have been any implemented suggestions that didn't benefit the community.

I'm not saying there weren't problems, I'm just saying changes haven't went against the people.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4996
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 am

Lol ... aha ... You have a point. So delete point 3 then.
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 am

so it shouldn't be up to Suggestion mods to determine if an idea if worthy - it's implementation is proof it is.

what the mods here need to decide is who qualifies for a medal because of its implementation.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 am

greenoaks wrote:so it shouldn't be up to Suggestion mods to determine if an idea if worthy - it's implementation is proof it is.

what the mods here need to decide is who qualifies for a medal because of its implementation.

Right. Keep this kind of thinking up and we just might have to give you one ;).
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4996
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 am

Not all suggestions affect the entire CC community. Sometimes suggestions only target certain areas of expertise such at the suggestion to get rid of bans for using love chat colors https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=150283

This suggestion only helped people who use live chat which is only a fraction of CC users.
Major nicestash
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am

nicestash wrote:Not all suggestions affect the entire CC community. Sometimes suggestions only target certain areas of expertise such at the suggestion to get rid of bans for using love chat colors https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=150283

This suggestion only helped people who use live chat which is only a fraction of CC users.

Right, but this didn't hurt any users either (i.e. for the users it didn't benefit, it was neutral)
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4996
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

It's still not for the common good. If CC gave me a free membership, it'd help me, but it wouldn't be good for the whole of CC; it'd just be neutral.
That being said, I don't think rule #3 should be in place.
Major nicestash
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 am

can we get this moved to Submitted and a design worked on.

rds already gives out medals for suggestions so the first recipients would be those having their General Achievement/Contributions medals converted to the new Suggs medal.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

Even if we just give an award to the OP, I don't support the suggestion, since most of the OPs of our awards were very brief users of the site and don't even care about the awards (as they may never know they got the award).
If you have ever referred to FDR as "Delano", then you just might be a hipster.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:26 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

Even if we just give an award to the OP, I don't support the suggestion, since most of the OPs of our awards were very brief users of the site and don't even care about the awards (as they may never know they got the award).

yet GC's are already given out for contributions to Suggestions. i have received one. so have others.

so it can be done. it just seems the current Sugs mods don't want to.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:greenoaks, I hand out a Yoshi award for Suggestions, and can say with great experience, it is almost impossible to determine who deserves recognition in most of the cases.

Even if we just give an award to the OP, I don't support the suggestion, since most of the OPs of our awards were very brief users of the site and don't even care about the awards (as they may never know they got the award).

yet GC's are already given out for contributions to Suggestions. i have received one. so have others.

so it can be done. it just seems the current Sugs mods don't want to.

If there were loads to give out, I would be in favor of it. Heck, I'm probably still in favor anyway, but how many GCs have been given for suggestions? My generous guess is less than 20 all time. I think it's just not as pressing a need as other things, that's my stance on it.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:53 pm

JamesKer1 says this has been implemented. :?

Zombie Spoils, Parachute Reinforcements. Am i getting any ?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

greenoaks wrote:JamesKer1 says this has been implemented. :?

Zombie Spoils, Parachute Reinforcements. Am i getting any ?


You said yourself that you had already received some in the form of GC's, look above. I'm done with this argument, PM me if you would like or drop it, please. This forum doesn't need more random off-topic talk.

You may see some coming your way, however, there are many candidates for these medals.

I personally like the actual suggestion, but lots of guidelines will need to be in place so this forum doesn't get spammed.
User avatar
Cook JamesKer1
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login