Conquer Club

[Medal] Suggestion Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby grifftron on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 am

The light bulb idea was what I was thinking of.. but more along the lines of those below

or

Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:25 am

grifftron wrote:The light bulb idea was what I was thinking of.. but more along the lines of those below

or

i think your first pic is

Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:36 pm

grifftron wrote:5 years? Comon qwert

My last suggestion was implemented in a year or so... if a suggestion is boarderline maybe 2 years max.. but 5 years? That is a little over the top my friend.

Then you have some connection with lackattack,otherwise i dont see how its possible to be implemented so fast :-s :?:

I have 4 submited sugestions,and one whas hit 3 years in Sumbited forums,all other are over a year.
Do you know that we have sugestions in submited forum,who are old over 5 years?
Unfortunatly,any sugestion who can give money benefit,have more chances to be implemented much faster,then sugestion who only bring fun.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm

qwert wrote:
grifftron wrote:5 years? Comon qwert

My last suggestion was implemented in a year or so... if a suggestion is boarderline maybe 2 years max.. but 5 years? That is a little over the top my friend.

Then you have some connection with lackattack,otherwise i dont see how its possible to be implemented so fast :-s :?:

I doubt he does. lack had, from what I remember, the Tech team do his update.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby grifftron on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Well this IS going to be a suggestion medal for only suggestions that get implemented, if someone wants to suggest a different medal for suggestions that just pass into the "accepted suggestions" thread be my guest...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agentcom on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:56 am

I like the medal. Did you just add that or did I miss it when I first saw this topic?
Colonel agentcom

Postby grifftron on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 am

agentcom wrote:I like the medal. Did you just add that or did I miss it when I first saw this topic?

just added it a couple days ago, glad you like it, it needs some editing if it were going to be used, let the pros edit and mess with it, my skills are pretty basic graphic wise
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby SimplyObsessed on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 am

Not a fan of this idea, we'd have people suggesting all kinds of crazy stuff just to get the medal which wastes everyone's time.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:Not a fan of this idea, we'd have people suggesting all kinds of crazy stuff just to get the medal which wastes everyone's time.

False.

Suggestions are good and important. If people suggest stupid things, they'll get called on it AND the suggestion won't be implemented. You only get the medal if something is implemented.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:Not a fan of this idea, we'd have people suggesting all kinds of crazy stuff just to get the medal which wastes everyone's time.

False.

Suggestions are good and important. If people suggest stupid things, they'll get called on it AND the suggestion won't be implemented. You only get the medal if something is implemented.

Thanks chap for clearing that up... hate when people post before reading what the hell is going on :roll:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby L M S on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

I suggest we implement this suggestion.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

L M S wrote:I suggest we implement this suggestion.

no that would be my suggestion thank you O:)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby L M S on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 pm

I suggested we have suggestions, so there. (my dad can beat up your dad)
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rapunzel3 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am

ya i too will
New Recruit rapunzel3

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 am

rapunzel3 wrote:ya i too will

this is not my multi, i swear it
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby L M S on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 am

grifftron wrote:
rapunzel3 wrote:ya i too will

this is not my multi, i swear it

Is that you again, Stoned Yoda?
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 am

Will add a poll soon to see if people are still interested in this suggestion.

In the mean time... Anything anyone would change or add to my idea?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:55 pm

grifftron wrote:Will add a poll soon to see if people are still interested in this suggestion.

In the mean time... Anything anyone would change or add to my idea?

-griff

i would have this as its own medal as it relates to the contributions THIS forum makes to the site, just like Tournaments and Foundry have their own medals to recognise contributions to the site by people in those forums.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: New Leadership and Improving Suggestions

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am

greenoaks wrote:One change Agentcom that you could make is to follow the lead of Tournaments and the Foundry.

Both of those forums have their own medals for those that participate there. Tournaments give Contribution medals to those that run tourneys and Acheivement ones to those that win them. Foundy also provide their own to those who create maps for us to play on.

So how about implementing this great idea of grifftron's and have your very own Suggs Medal.

Recognising the efforts of people who contribute is a good idea ;) Just ask Tournaments or the Foundry.

This is something that gets brought up from time to time. I love the idea. We actually have permission to award medals. However, we've never been able to come up with a system for it. One idea was to track users' substantive posts and give to the person with the most. Another was to have the Suggestions Mods nominate and vote on people. But you've seen the revolving door in this forum. None of these ever got off the ground. Plus both of those require a not insignificant amount of time from someone. And that's time that can't be spent running around here doing what we do. At present, with us working with the new leadership to get a new system in place, there is definitely not time to do this. Perhaps in the future ... idk.

I would say that the one medal idea that is a possibility right now is a medal for people that get a unique suggestion implemented. Obviously, you still have to come up with selection criteria, but my initial thoughts were (and I'm going from memory now, not having tracked down my post):

Usually goes to the OP IF the OP has significantly furthered the suggestion and remained active for all or most of the process. The suggestion has to be unique. No medal for proposing something that you should have found somewhere else. (But I suppose this wouldn't have to be a hard-and-fast rule ... idk)
Sometimes can go to someone who has taken over a suggestion and really steered the conversation and development.

I don't know if we'll have any limits on how many medals we can hand out (1 per year that a suggestion sits there? :lol: ), but I'm open to handing out an extra medal for a suggestion when a couple people have tag-teamed it.

So, I like the idea of actually handing out our medals, in theory, but for now, I would only expect them for implemented suggestions going forward. Whether it gets any more widespread than that or whether we'll every retrospectively issue those will just be based on time and priorities.

Also, I love that little light bulb medal, but for now it would just be a GA.
Colonel agentcom

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

The only problem I have with awarding them based on having a person's Suggestion implemented is that we may award the wrong person, sometimes. There are plenty of old/rejected Suggestions that are similar to ones that are, even now, making headway in the Submitted Forum, I'm sure. The key difference between Suggestions and Foundry/Tournaments is that over there, the user gets a medal for not only thinking of the map or tournament, but working on it until the very end. There is always 1 (sometimes 2) definite people who get the medal with no ambiguity.

GA medals for active Suggestions members sounds great to me, though :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Arama86n on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:The only problem I have with awarding them based on having a person's Suggestion implemented is that we may award the wrong person, sometimes. There are plenty of old/rejected Suggestions that are similar to ones that are, even now, making headway in the Submitted Forum, I'm sure. The key difference between Suggestions and Foundry/Tournaments is that over there, the user gets a medal for not only thinking of the map or tournament, but working on it until the very end. There is always 1 (sometimes 2) definite people who get the medal with no ambiguity.

GA medals for active Suggestions members sounds great to me, though :)

BMO

A very good point.
Still though, it's a good idea, and might be worth implementing despite that it's going to cause one or two disputes down the road. I mean, if it's a head-scratcher just call in ES or KA or one of the other C&A lads, they're used to getting tough nuts thrown their way every day :lol:
Major Arama86n

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm

It seems to me that GC Medals would be more appropriate than GA Medals.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

I love the image in the OP!
I would be proud to have this medal if it existed and I was lucky enough to acquire one. :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:49 pm

chapcrap wrote:It seems to me that GC Medals would be more appropriate than GA Medals.

you are correct, GC's are currently given out. i would like to see them become SC's (Suggestion Contribution)

i got this one a few years ago O:)
Award Time: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 am
Awarded by: clapper011
Award Reason: Contributed significantly to the discussions in the Suggestions Forum

it is my one and only GC but i would swap it in a heartbeat for the lightbulb in the 1st post
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It seems to me that GC Medals would be more appropriate than GA Medals.

you are correct, GC's are currently given out. i would like to see them become SC's (Suggestion Contribution)

i got this one a few years ago O:)
Award Time: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 am
Awarded by: clapper011
Award Reason: Contributed significantly to the discussions in the Suggestions Forum

it is my one and only GC but i would swap it in a heartbeat for the lightbulb in the 1st post

I completely agree with that. I was responding to rds saying that GA Medals might be used.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions