Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby kronic69 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:35 am

CC needs to listen to its customers!!

I agree that having and using multi accounts can make this game frustrating....however for almost 5 years a suggestion was made to have the ability to change your user name. Has CC listened...NO. I grew bored and frustrated with CC almost a year ago and I have not used this account (kronic69) since then. Recently I got the urge to play again, however I wanted to start over.....So I created a new account and immediately sent a help ticket to notify CC mods that I will be using the new account ONLY and to deactivate my old account. Lets be clear, I in no was going to misuse the new account. I was met with a rude response and threats to deactivate both accounts.... deactivate.. so the can really do that.... one response even told me to only use my "primary" account... this infers that you can have a secondary account....CC mods.. stop the GOD complex and listen to your customers.

my suggestions are:

1. Create an ability to "prestige" (after you reach a certain point total) and start your stats all over, possibly giving a metal when doing so
2. During the prestige stage, offer the option to change your user name
3. or offer the ability to create an alternate user name under the same account
4. Follow a protocall all for account deactivation (not allow for games to be joined or forum posting) and allow for a new account user name to be created.

This will help to control misuse and allow for a user name change.
I am not suggesting to lose any game data or harm the integrity of the game, but to improve and allow for flexibility in a simple task... change your user name. The only reason why I created a new account (I had the old one since 20007) was because I grew tired of my old user name and wanted to start over on my stats and not to cheat in any way.

CC MODS wake up and start implementing some of these suggestions, instead of saying NO, think of how suggestions can improve the site and increase the #of paid users.... until this happens, I will probably remain a Freemium player.... if I play at all]
User avatar
Sergeant kronic69
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Cali
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Woodruff on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm

kronic69 wrote:CC needs to listen to its customers!!

I agree that having and using multi accounts can make this game frustrating....however for almost 5 years a suggestion was made to have the ability to change your user name. Has CC listened...NO. I grew bored and frustrated with CC almost a year ago and I have not used this account (kronic69) since then. Recently I got the urge to play again, however I wanted to start over.....So I created a new account and immediately sent a help ticket to notify CC mods that I will be using the new account ONLY and to deactivate my old account. Lets be clear, I in no was going to misuse the new account. I was met with a rude response and threats to deactivate both accounts.... deactivate.. so the can really do that.... one response even told me to only use my "primary" account... this infers that you can have a secondary account....CC mods.. stop the GOD complex and listen to your customers.

my suggestions are:

1. Create an ability to "prestige" (after you reach a certain point total) and start your stats all over, possibly giving a metal when doing so
2. During the prestige stage, offer the option to change your user name
3. or offer the ability to create an alternate user name under the same account
4. Follow a protocall all for account deactivation (not allow for games to be joined or forum posting) and allow for a new account user name to be created.

This will help to control misuse and allow for a user name change.
I am not suggesting to lose any game data or harm the integrity of the game, but to improve and allow for flexibility in a simple task... change your user name. The only reason why I created a new account (I had the old one since 20007) was because I grew tired of my old user name and wanted to start over on my stats and not to cheat in any way.

CC MODS wake up and start implementing some of these suggestions, instead of saying NO, think of how suggestions can improve the site and increase the #of paid users.... until this happens, I will probably remain a Freemium player.... if I play at all]


I think it's cute that you believe CC gives a rat's ass about customer service.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:43 pm

kronic69 wrote:CC needs to listen to its customers!!

I agree that having and using multi accounts can make this game frustrating....however for almost 5 years a suggestion was made to have the ability to change your user name. Has CC listened...NO. I grew bored and frustrated with CC almost a year ago and I have not used this account (kronic69) since then. Recently I got the urge to play again, however I wanted to start over.....So I created a new account and immediately sent a help ticket to notify CC mods that I will be using the new account ONLY and to deactivate my old account. Lets be clear, I in no was going to misuse the new account. I was met with a rude response and threats to deactivate both accounts.... deactivate.. so the can really do that.... one response even told me to only use my "primary" account... this infers that you can have a secondary account....CC mods.. stop the GOD complex and listen to your customers.

my suggestions are:

1. Create an ability to "prestige" (after you reach a certain point total) and start your stats all over, possibly giving a metal when doing so
2. During the prestige stage, offer the option to change your user name
3. or offer the ability to create an alternate user name under the same account
4. Follow a protocall all for account deactivation (not allow for games to be joined or forum posting) and allow for a new account user name to be created.

This will help to control misuse and allow for a user name change.
I am not suggesting to lose any game data or harm the integrity of the game, but to improve and allow for flexibility in a simple task... change your user name. The only reason why I created a new account (I had the old one since 20007) was because I grew tired of my old user name and wanted to start over on my stats and not to cheat in any way.

CC MODS wake up and start implementing some of these suggestions, instead of saying NO, think of how suggestions can improve the site and increase the #of paid users.... until this happens, I will probably remain a Freemium player.... if I play at all]


Do you really think that it's that easy just to snap your fingers and have a ton of Suggestions Implemented? The Webmaster is the only one coding things right, along with a lot more things, like dealing with website issues and bug, his real life, now apparently people want him to play more games so they can just get a medal by beating him.

Changing your username isn't easy in a website with game logs and forum posts, considering all of those want to change. And do you really think deactivating accounts will help? Now users that were a major problem, can easily just deactive/delete their old account, and start anew. And what is the point of having 2 accounts? A primary and a secondary? It sounds like the problem of a very high ranked users, who wants to play fun games yet keep there score.

And does your name really matter that much? CC has actually allowed users in the past while to change there names from personal names to something else, or to allow cosmetic changes.

You also have to take into effect how much trouble it would cause in Live Chat. Generally, us chat mods know most of the users that have troubled pasts in there. Suddenly, users are coming in that we don't recognize, and cause trouble. This just makes our jobs harder as we have to go looking through their information to see who they are.

I am on a site that allows users to have Alternate Accounts (Granted it's not a risk website), and personally, it's annoying as hell when someone you want to avoid barges in on your game and you don't recognize them.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby kronic69 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Foregivenone... Thats a lot of fluff for a relatively simple solution... You have proven my point that CC does not take suggestions seriously. It can be done and it is not that difficult. To respond to your problem child scenario... those folks will eventually get bored and leave the site.... or they would get reported and those with a God complex like yourself will kick them. The point that I am making... is that an old account that has not been used for over a year... should be inactive... CC should lock those accounts.... I created a new account because I felt that if I came back to CC.... I didnt want to use the old account.. thus giving up all trophies and stats in lieu of starting over.... why not accept that... I was not cheating or even logged on to this account before I created it... shit... I even notified CC mods to be clear on what was going on.... how many users would do that..... So dont question my integrity or intelligence by giving me a bunch of excuses.
User avatar
Sergeant kronic69
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Cali
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 pm

No, a new account should never be allowed for someone. Use the old account or nothing.

TFO does not have a God complex, you're just cranky because you can't change your name. You should have made a name that you liked to begin with.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Symmetry on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm

chapcrap wrote:No, a new account should never be allowed for someone. Use the old account or nothing.

TFO does not have a God complex, you're just cranky because you can't change your name. You should have made a name that you liked to begin with.


I honestly don't see why not. I guess the question would be who would be hurt?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:I honestly don't see why not. I guess the question would be who would be hurt?

The reason to is to try to protect the scoreboard. If a General decides they want a new account, they can start playing games and stealing points from people easily because it's a general playing as a NR. Not really fair to the opponents.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Symmetry on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I honestly don't see why not. I guess the question would be who would be hurt?

The reason to is to try to protect the scoreboard. If a General decides they want a new account, they can start playing games and stealing points from people easily because it's a general playing as a NR. Not really fair to the opponents.


But that's a terrible way to get new players on to the site. The scoreboard is important to a vocal minority, sure, but it isn't a great model to go by unless you're running the site for those who are aiming for the top ten or so.

The vast majority of players already see the scoreboard as biased anyway- they just want to get to win a game and get a rank of two above their competitors. It's only a few people who really want to be number one.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:The scoreboard is important to a vocal minority.

Opinion
Symmetry wrote:The vast majority of players already see the scoreboard as biased anyway

Opinion

I disagree. And if you were allowed to start accounts and shut them down whenever you wanted, then what is the point of the scoreboard at all? What is the point of not allowing multis? There is no way that someone should be able to make a second account.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Symmetry wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I honestly don't see why not. I guess the question would be who would be hurt?

The reason to is to try to protect the scoreboard. If a General decides they want a new account, they can start playing games and stealing points from people easily because it's a general playing as a NR. Not really fair to the opponents.


But that's a terrible way to get new players on to the site. The scoreboard is important to a vocal minority, sure, but it isn't a great model to go by unless you're running the site for those who are aiming for the top ten or so.

The vast majority of players already see the scoreboard as biased anyway- they just want to get to win a game and get a rank of two above their competitors. It's only a few people who really want to be number one.


The terrible way to get new players to stay would be with them expecting a fair game and really playing someone who could have thousands of games played and getting their butts kicked.

How would allowing someone to start over be any different than farming in the respect that an experienced player could be playing ?'s who wouldn't have any idea of the true rank of their opponent.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby agentcom on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:44 pm

I like that users aren't allowed to change names. I like that you can get to know someone by their username and not have to worry 3 years from now about sending them an invite or a PM and saying, "hey wanna play together again?" I like that you can't make multiple accounts and flame fora. <Insert OP's response of "I just want to change my name not create multiple accounts."> I don't use it, but I can see how users would have the same feelings about foe lists remaining constant. There are some unpleasant players here. I vote reject this suggestion.
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 am

kronic69 wrote:The point that I am making... is that an old account that has not been used for over a year... should be inactive... CC should lock those accounts.... I created a new account because I felt that if I came back to CC.... I didnt want to use the old account.


Why should they become inactive? Forum goers with an extensive history of forum infractions can essentially start off free if they just take a break from the site and have there account deleted/locked. Or if a user is close to being permanently banned from the site, they can do the exact same thing. Just because you don't think users will abuse this, doesn't mean it won't happen.

As a Suggestion volunteer, I have to look for problems in Suggestions, so that "IF" they are implemented, they won't cause problems. Obviously, starting accounts over can cause a lot of problems.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby kronic69 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Why should they become inactive? Forum goers with an extensive history of forum infractions can essentially start off free if they just take a break from the site and have there account deleted/locked. Or if a user is close to being permanently banned from the site, they can do the exact same thing. Just because you don't think users will abuse this, doesn't mean it won't happen.

As a Suggestion volunteer, I have to look for problems in Suggestions, so that "IF" they are implemented, they won't cause problems. Obviously, starting accounts over can cause a lot of problems.[/quote]

Inactive, meaning NO more games or activity...stats will still remain. NO game data would be lost... the account... or maybe you should think of it as a user name could remain live.... linking new user name to the old user name could prompt an AKA (also known as) in the "primary". There is a means the integrity of the game will remain intact I am not the only one who has suggested this. Look at both the positives as well as the negatives. Just because you think that users will abuse this, doesn't mean it will happen.

I have implemented systems in the company that I work for, sure there are bugs but not every implementation means catastrophic failure.
User avatar
Sergeant kronic69
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Cali
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

chapcrap wrote:No, a new account should never be allowed for someone. Use the old account or nothing.


I agree with this, though I see it as a different issue from that account name. You should be able to change your account NAME, but I don't see a reason for allowing someone to start from scratch.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby blakebowling on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 pm

This absolutely won't happen, regardless of how simple changing usernames could be made because usernames are your identity on CC. Basically, if people could change their username, you wouldn't ever know who someone really was.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:55 pm

blakebowling wrote:This absolutely won't happen, regardless of how simple changing usernames could be made because usernames are your identity on CC. Basically, if people could change their username, you wouldn't ever know who someone really was.


Welcome to the internet.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby kronic69 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Symmetry wrote:
blakebowling wrote:This absolutely won't happen, regardless of how simple changing usernames could be made because usernames are your identity on CC. Basically, if people could change their username, you wouldn't ever know who someone really was.


Welcome to the internet.


Exactly... Its the internet... usernames are just a name and do not show any real identity over the internet... so if u wanted to your name to "Queefrider" for a day, you should be able to...
User avatar
Sergeant kronic69
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Cali
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby blakebowling on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm

kronic69 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
blakebowling wrote:This absolutely won't happen, regardless of how simple changing usernames could be made because usernames are your identity on CC. Basically, if people could change their username, you wouldn't ever know who someone really was.


Welcome to the internet.


Exactly... Its the internet... usernames are just a name and do not show any real identity over the internet... so if u wanted to your name to "Queefrider" for a day, you should be able to...

I understand how the internet works. What I'm saying is there would be an outrage if people were allowed to change their usernames at their leisure.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:02 pm

kronic69 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
blakebowling wrote:This absolutely won't happen, regardless of how simple changing usernames could be made because usernames are your identity on CC. Basically, if people could change their username, you wouldn't ever know who someone really was.


Welcome to the internet.


Exactly... Its the internet... usernames are just a name and do not show any real identity over the internet... so if u wanted to your name to "Queefrider" for a day, you should be able to...


That can be your name if you want but not on CC.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
kronic69 wrote:CC needs to listen to its customers!!

I agree that having and using multi accounts can make this game frustrating....however for almost 5 years a suggestion was made to have the ability to change your user name. Has CC listened...NO. I grew bored and frustrated with CC almost a year ago and I have not used this account (kronic69) since then. Recently I got the urge to play again, however I wanted to start over.....So I created a new account and immediately sent a help ticket to notify CC mods that I will be using the new account ONLY and to deactivate my old account. Lets be clear, I in no was going to misuse the new account. I was met with a rude response and threats to deactivate both accounts.... deactivate.. so the can really do that.... one response even told me to only use my "primary" account... this infers that you can have a secondary account....CC mods.. stop the GOD complex and listen to your customers.

my suggestions are:

1. Create an ability to "prestige" (after you reach a certain point total) and start your stats all over, possibly giving a metal when doing so
2. During the prestige stage, offer the option to change your user name
3. or offer the ability to create an alternate user name under the same account
4. Follow a protocall all for account deactivation (not allow for games to be joined or forum posting) and allow for a new account user name to be created.

This will help to control misuse and allow for a user name change.
I am not suggesting to lose any game data or harm the integrity of the game, but to improve and allow for flexibility in a simple task... change your user name. The only reason why I created a new account (I had the old one since 20007) was because I grew tired of my old user name and wanted to start over on my stats and not to cheat in any way.

CC MODS wake up and start implementing some of these suggestions, instead of saying NO, think of how suggestions can improve the site and increase the #of paid users.... until this happens, I will probably remain a Freemium player.... if I play at all]


Do you really think that it's that easy just to snap your fingers and have a ton of Suggestions Implemented? The Webmaster is the only one coding things right, along with a lot more things, like dealing with website issues and bug, his real life, now apparently people want him to play more games so they can just get a medal by beating him.

Changing your username isn't easy in a website with game logs and forum posts, considering all of those want to change. And do you really think deactivating accounts will help? Now users that were a major problem, can easily just deactive/delete their old account, and start anew. And what is the point of having 2 accounts? A primary and a secondary? It sounds like the problem of a very high ranked users, who wants to play fun games yet keep there score.

And does your name really matter that much? CC has actually allowed users in the past while to change there names from personal names to something else, or to allow cosmetic changes.

You also have to take into effect how much trouble it would cause in Live Chat. Generally, us chat mods know most of the users that have troubled pasts in there. Suddenly, users are coming in that we don't recognize, and cause trouble. This just makes our jobs harder as we have to go looking through their information to see who they are.

I am on a site that allows users to have Alternate Accounts (Granted it's not a risk website), and personally, it's annoying as hell when someone you want to avoid barges in on your game and you don't recognize them.



wow... there it is... in black and white... "us chat mods know most of the users that have troubled pasts in there"... lmao.. aren't mods supposed to be non-biased representatives of the site? instead, it's clear that if a mod has a problem with a user, it's not even necessary to PRETEND to not be non-biased... you mods are a joke... perfect example is Arcee... I wouldn't know her if she fell out of the sky and landed on my head, but after almost no contact she foes me with no logical reason... how is this acceptable mod behavior? and the people that give you "problems" are people that you simply don't like because because they rubbed you the wrong way.. ya know, people can change their on-line persona from time to time, this isn't the real world in here like some would like to think... and it's clear by your statement that mods (in general with a FEW exceptions), are simply power-hungry losers that like to spend time flaunting their prejudice against some... classic
User avatar
Major rhp 1
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:14 am

How is foeing someone bad behaviour for a mod? I don't understand.

But to get to this topic, not to dig up an older post, what about an "alias" button that could tell you if the player had an older name? I like my name apart from the non-capitalization, but this isn't so bad I would think.
User avatar
Lieutenant deathcomesrippin
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 am
Location: Canada
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (6)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:How is foeing someone bad behaviour for a mod? I don't understand.

But to get to this topic, not to dig up an older post, what about an "alias" button that could tell you if the player had an older name? I like my name apart from the non-capitalization, but this isn't so bad I would think.

Yes, except for some people change their names for privacy reasons.

Also, if you want capitalization, they'll change your name for you.

natty dread used to be natty_dread. They started making minor changes.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 am

it's time for this suggestion to move the Rejected folder. O:)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Multi's - Multiple Accounts revisted

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

It should be called "Name Changes" or something.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login