"Invade Game" Option

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am

greenoaks wrote:all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games

His idea was that you could only invade games on the same map and at about the same stage, so if you would invade from a stalemated Escalating game you could only invade another stalemated Escalating game, not a game that just started or on a much smaller map.

But I still don't like the idea, since it would mess up all games, since it is impossible to make a tactic for this since you can't take into account all games where an invasion could come from.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Postby Kaskavel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 am

Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.
Conqueror Kaskavel

Medals: 48
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am

Kaskavel wrote:Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.

Yeah, it would definitely have to take place in a "closed ecosystem" so to speak, if any and every game was open to such an invasion it would change the way the entire game is played. Even in a closed ecosystem it would mean rampant farming. Set up an escalating game with 7 friends and start invading other games from that one. If you move in with the aforementioned 20k troops you're pretty much unstoppable in a stalled flat rate or no cards game
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby cookie0117 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am

If there was a specific map made for it, with the option to invade or "teleport" to other maps, then it would be amazing. Carnage obviously and a proper head f*ck to work out what was happening.

It would take so much work to set up and iron out, that you would need to give up your job and dedicate your life to it!!
Major cookie0117

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Return to Rejected Suggestions