[Rules/MED] Cheaters should be stripped of their medals

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 pm

stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby chapcrap on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Symmetry wrote:stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.

Well, I'm not sure the admin agree.

In any case, it can't be employed separately. If you read what I wrote earlier, you would understand that if you wanted the bronze, silver, gold, and diamond medals stripped, something else must also be done in order for them to remain stripped. Otherwise, they will re-appear. Now, if you wanted other medals (GA, GC, TA, etc.) stripped, that is different. But those medals are (mostly) not really the medals achieved through cheating.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9576
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.

Well, I'm not sure the admin agree.

In any case, it can't be employed separately. If you read what I wrote earlier, you would understand that if you wanted the bronze, silver, gold, and diamond medals stripped, something else must also be done in order for them to remain stripped. Otherwise, they will re-appear. Now, if you wanted other medals (GA, GC, TA, etc.) stripped, that is different. But those medals are (mostly) not really the medals achieved through cheating.


Fair enough. Would it be fair to say that this is tied to a point reset then?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.

Well, I'm not sure the admin agree.

In any case, it can't be employed separately. If you read what I wrote earlier, you would understand that if you wanted the bronze, silver, gold, and diamond medals stripped, something else must also be done in order for them to remain stripped. Otherwise, they will re-appear. Now, if you wanted other medals (GA, GC, TA, etc.) stripped, that is different. But those medals are (mostly) not really the medals achieved through cheating.


Fair enough. Would it be fair to say that this is tied to a point reset then?


Medals are derived from victories. You can't strip medals and not touch victory counts. Point reset is different subject.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.

Well, I'm not sure the admin agree.

In any case, it can't be employed separately. If you read what I wrote earlier, you would understand that if you wanted the bronze, silver, gold, and diamond medals stripped, something else must also be done in order for them to remain stripped. Otherwise, they will re-appear. Now, if you wanted other medals (GA, GC, TA, etc.) stripped, that is different. But those medals are (mostly) not really the medals achieved through cheating.


Fair enough. Would it be fair to say that this is tied to a point reset then?


Medals are derived from victories. You can't strip medals and not touch victory counts. Point reset is different subject.


Not all of them, obviously, but fair point. What do you suggest?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Symmetry wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:stripping victories seems like a separate suggestion. If TPTb already have the power to strip medals, it should be employed.

Well, I'm not sure the admin agree.

In any case, it can't be employed separately. If you read what I wrote earlier, you would understand that if you wanted the bronze, silver, gold, and diamond medals stripped, something else must also be done in order for them to remain stripped. Otherwise, they will re-appear. Now, if you wanted other medals (GA, GC, TA, etc.) stripped, that is different. But those medals are (mostly) not really the medals achieved through cheating.


Fair enough. Would it be fair to say that this is tied to a point reset then?


Medals are derived from victories. You can't strip medals and not touch victory counts. Point reset is different subject.


Not all of them, obviously, but fair point. What do you suggest?


I suggest a giant asterisk next to their name or some other form of scarlet letter that will flag them out to everyone. Make it bigger with each offense.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby nicestash on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 pm

But have it go away after a period of time.

Sometimes cheating happens because of a misunderstanding of the rules.
Major nicestash
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

nicestash wrote:But have it go away after a period of time.

Sometimes cheating happens because of a misunderstanding of the rules.


The mods are generally sympathetic to appeals. A time limit seems to me a poor idea. Ifs the medals are unearned fairly, why return them?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

Symmetry wrote:
nicestash wrote:But have it go away after a period of time.

Sometimes cheating happens because of a misunderstanding of the rules.


The mods are generally sympathetic to appeals. A time limit seems to me a poor idea. Ifs the medals are unearned fairly, why return them?


He was referring to my scarlet letter suggestion, not yours.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby nicestash on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Yep, I'm not sure why the 2 topics were merged...
Major nicestash
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:59 pm

nicestash wrote:Yep, I'm not sure why the 2 topics were merged...


They weren't. I had the idea here, then started a new thread.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:21 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
nicestash wrote:But have it go away after a period of time.

Sometimes cheating happens because of a misunderstanding of the rules.


The mods are generally sympathetic to appeals. A time limit seems to me a poor idea. Ifs the medals are unearned fairly, why return them?


He was referring to my scarlet letter suggestion, not yours.


Apologies.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:17 pm

I agree...a cheater does not deserve medals
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
nicestash wrote:Yep, I'm not sure why the 2 topics were merged...


They weren't. I had the idea here, then started a new thread.


Thanks for clearing that up. The issues were getting muddled. Hope you check back in here, even if you disagree with me :)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Cheaters should be stripped of their medals Updated

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 am

Armandolas wrote:I agree...a cheater does not deserve medals


Pretty much.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Login