Conquer Club

[SCBD] New scoring system after scoreboard reset

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: New scoring system after scoreboard reset

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

donelladan wrote:I find the idea really interesting, but not to make a different scoreboard for each settings.
But to prevent people to maintain rank using specific map/settings.

I mean some people may be +4000 on one map with one settings. But their total score is 2000. So they keep using the map where they are best to maintain rank above 2000 since they win easy points. If the points they win/lose by playing a specific map/settings was calculated using their actual rank on that map/setting it would make it more difficult for them to gain a lot of points.

yes, i am one of those people that is not just good, but really good at a map & generally crap at most others. when i win on my favourite map i get far more points than my skill on it would suggest because of all the points i lose on other maps (such as Classic).

i would like to know how good i am on that map vs others on that map. likewise there would be many wanting to know how good they truly are at Freestyle vs other Freestylers, or Speed vs Speed, or whatever. our scores or ranks for each setting/map could then be added or averaged to determine the overall Conquerer.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed May 15, 2013 1:29 am

I'm still intrigued by this idea. I think that a score reset will never, ever happen though. It's not fair to the players that have earned points. It's not fair to the players that will have points taken away by a supposed private who used to be a general.

But the separate scoreboards idea is cool. And like I said way back in the day, this separate scoreboards idea potentially doesn't suffer from the critical flaw of the other similar ideas.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 18, 2013 11:39 pm

agentcom wrote:I'm still intrigued by this idea. I think that a score reset will never, ever happen though. It's not fair to the players that have earned points. It's not fair to the players that will have points taken away by a supposed private who used to be a general.

But the separate scoreboards idea is cool. And like I said way back in the day, this separate scoreboards idea potentially doesn't suffer from the critical flaw of the other similar ideas.

sometimes biting the bullet is the best way.

as for the points taken away they would happen at first but not for long as we will quickly find our equilibrium point. and everyone will be in the same boat, not 1 player with a point reset or a multie rocketing up the scoreboard becuase they're catching unsuspecting players off-guard.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Suggestions