Conquer Club

[GO] Fog Confirmation Round

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Automatic Snapshot at the Start of a Fog Game- 12 Hour R

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:43 pm

I was referring to the automatic freestyle delay. Obviously that last bit doesn't apply to sequential games.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I was referring to the automatic freestyle delay. Obviously that last bit doesn't apply to sequential games.

phew, i haven't played fog in a while. or freestyle. i need to get out more.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:28 pm

while i support something like this, you have to realize the current snaps you speak of are in a third party browser add-on. There would first need to be a snap function integrated in the site before auto-snaps could be taken.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Wizz00 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 pm

On the flip side to this, it is my opinion that a 12 hour fog rule should be part and parcel of EVERY fog game. Everyone has a right to know how the board looked (from their point of view) at the start of the game. Anything else is cheating.

A simple work around would be when a player plays in advance of the 12 hour limit, any player who has his view of the board affected should get the relevant information automatically posted into his/her log
Major Wizz00

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Wizz00 wrote:On the flip side to this, it is my opinion that a 12 hour fog rule should be part and parcel of EVERY fog game. Everyone has a right to know how the board looked (from their point of view) at the start of the game. Anything else is cheating.

A simple work around would be when a player plays in advance of the 12 hour limit, any player who has his view of the board affected should get the relevant information automatically posted into his/her log

I think it'd be easiest to have an option (only when foggy) where it showed it was everyone's turn and you simply had to click 'ready'; once all players clicked ready or 24 hours passed, then the game officially starts.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: Activate Button for Fog games

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kid Moe on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Wizz00 wrote:On the flip side to this, it is my opinion that a 12 hour fog rule should be part and parcel of EVERY fog game. Everyone has a right to know how the board looked (from their point of view) at the start of the game. Anything else is cheating.

I think it'd be easiest to have an option (only when foggy) where it showed it was everyone's turn and you simply had to click 'ready'; once all players clicked ready or 24 hours passed, then the game officially starts.

I still think the easiest option is when you play a fog game as soon as the game is created a snap is taken for all to see in the chat.....and then you go from there. I hate being the last to join and then have to wait for a snap. Yes I know the 12 hour thing is a courtesy and not an "official" rule but that should have no bearing whatsoever on any decision being made
Cook Kid Moe

Postby agentcom on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:08 pm

This isn't the "easiest" suggestion as far as the site is concerned. It would require incorporating a third party add-in to the site. The "easiest" option, IMO, for the site would be to have a "round" where everyone hits a button just like what happens on manual games where there are no troops to deploy (or at least what used to happen).
Colonel agentcom

Re: Suggestion: Fog Confirmation Round

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 pm

e_i_pi wrote:Concise description:
  • Allow each player to see a foggy game before it starts

Specifics:
  • Have a 24-hour pre-round in fog games, where every player has to click "Confirm" before the game starts

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Allows players to see the conditions before the game starts
  • Stops game-join delay tactics, speeding up tournament games

FOR ALL THE MORONS WHO CANNOT READ, HERE'S THE DUMMIES VERSION

When EVERYONE has joined the game, there is a 24 hour period where you get to view the game. After that, the game starts. You can't drop out of the game, you can't exit it, you can't pick and f'n choose.

Have a "confirm" button built in, so if everyone has SEEN the map before it starts and clicks the button, then it can start BEFORE the 24 hour period.

Bejesus some people are retarded...

Haha, wow, this makes sense (skimmed through several pages of idiots people misunderstanding something so simple. Hilarious).

Is this feature difficult to create?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Jippd on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:01 pm

This should be updated to include:

Once all players involve click "confirm" a game starts right away.

Think of it like a round of manual deploy troops. Instead of deploying troops you just click a button (text of your choosing on button) and during that time you should get a snap before you click the button.

Maybe you could call it the "Initial View" button.
Major Jippd

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Jippd wrote:This should be updated to include:

Think of it like a round of manual deploy troops. Instead of deploying troops you just click a button (text of your choosing on button) and during that time you should get a snap before you click the button.

Agreed. And it wouldn't be needed for conquest games or manual troop game options.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:13 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Jippd wrote:This should be updated to include:

Agreed. And it wouldn't be needed for conquest games or manual troop game options.

I'd say that it should still be needed on manual:

Manual troops games, you don't get to see troop distribution. A conquest game, I agree with you because if you're still alive by the time your turn rolls around, you'll be able to see at least as much info as you would have when the game started. HOWEVER, in a limited conquest game, you would still want the waiting period.

But given that only one existing and 1 potential gameplay option would not require this waiting period, then we might just apply this to all games simply because it should be easier to code blanket rules than those that have exceptions. Although, if one is coding in exceptions, you could also code in that in a team game only one player from the team has to click the confirmation button.

I've said it before, but I think the best way to do this is to have it be a sort of Round 0 LIKE but in addition to Round 1 of Manual games.

I don't think this should be considered to be Round 1 because on a manual, foggy, 20-round game, 10% of the game would be over just due to the preliminaries.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Foxglove on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Orrrrrrr - you could just support this suggestion, to implement snapshots into CC: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192998

1. Snapshots would be taken at the start of a game.
2. Snapshots would be taken after each player's turn.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Foxglove wrote:Orrrrrrr - you could just support this suggestion, to implement snapshots into CC: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192998

The coding for this idea would presumably be much easier and, accordingly more likely to be implemented in a timely manner than that more complicated suggestion.
Captain spiesr

Postby Foxglove on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:02 pm

spiesr wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Orrrrrrr - you could just support this suggestion, to implement snapshots into CC: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192998

The coding for this idea would presumably be much easier and, accordingly more likely to be implemented in a timely manner than that more complicated suggestion.

Mmmmm.... are you a developer? I'm just very curious, because it always gives me the willies when non-developers make estimates about time and complexity of potential code.

The game snapshot suggestion is far superior, actually. I am a developer, and I can say that both solutions are non-trivial. And if you're going to implement non-trivial code, you generally want the better solution.

Maybe not - that is for the admin to prioritize and decide. But I think it's a poor idea to dismiss one suggestion because you perceive that it *might* be more work than an alternative solution that solves fewer problems and provides fewer benefits.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Wizz00 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:21 am

Righto, seems the fair players are in favour of getting a ready button incorporated and the cowboys are against it/indifferent/ do not understand the concept.

Let's get it sorted
Major Wizz00

Previous

Return to Suggestions