Extra Foggy Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Extra Foggy Games

Postby Culs De Sac on Tue May 29, 2012 4:01 pm

If this were to be implemented.. Getting rid of chat would have to occur.. Too many people divulge troop counts or stacks destroyed.. so being blind about actions would be pointless if someone gets pissed and divulges all info.. Just saying
Major Culs De Sac

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby squishyg on Tue May 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Culs De Sac wrote:If this were to be implemented.. Getting rid of chat would have to occur.. Too many people divulge troop counts or stacks destroyed.. so being blind about actions would be pointless if someone gets pissed and divulges all info.. Just saying

Bluffing has always been part of the grand tradition of fog games. I see no reason to eliminate chat.
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby sirgermaine on Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 pm

You could rate people down for blabbing in chat, or let it be part of the game. The point here is not to have it be absolutely possible to ignore the other players entirely; in fact in my original post I noted that information or misinformation in chat would be a bigger, not smaller part of things.
Major sirgermaine

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 pm

I think this would be a crap ton of fun.

The territs of the enemy that you can see, can you see a troop count or just see the color of who owns it?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby squishyg on Tue May 29, 2012 9:52 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:I think this would be a crap ton of fun.

The territs of the enemy that you can see, can you see a troop count or just see the color of who owns it?

I vote troop count. unless you can code it so that you can only see a max of 10 troops at a time on a tert :twisted:
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby agentcom on Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 am

Culs De Sac wrote:If this were to be implemented.. Getting rid of chat would have to occur.. Too many people divulge troop counts or stacks destroyed.. so being blind about actions would be pointless if someone gets pissed and divulges all info.. Just saying

This is not necessarily true. Diplomacy may be an integral part of super foggy games ... or it may not. Based on your tone, you sound like one of those people who thinks that you can't/shouldn't talk about troop counts in chat. That's a fine opinion, but this suggestion isn't necessarily meant as a way to implement that.

Personally, I'd prefer to have these be separate options: super-fog (i.e. no game log) and silent (i.e. no chat).

squishyg wrote:
I vote troop count. unless you can code it so that you can only see a max of 10 troops at a time on a tert :twisted:

Now that's an interesting idea ...

So is just seeing the color.

There are so many ways to make the fog foggier. I wish they hadn't categorized fog with trench as a special gameplay setting. I think fog should be brought back out into it's own category with at least the option for some level of more extreme fog added. Then perhaps silent games. But I guess silence could be listed as a special gameplay option, not under the fog settings.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby sirgermaine on Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm

I would agree that silent games would be their own suggestion and presumably their own thread. I had assumed that what you could and could not see on the actual map itself would be unchanged. What really bothers me is that one thing provides a lot more information than the other, specifically that the game log tells me lots of information that the map does not. This seems incongruous, and I'm proposing a setting where you can see what you can see, but the log doesn't blab to everyone what all you and the other players are doing.
Major sirgermaine

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Just get rid of game log. Would create ultimate foggy game.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby agentcom on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:33 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:Just get rid of game log. Would create ultimate foggy game.

If you mean suppress it until the end of the game, that's one version of what we're talking about.

I don't think anybody is in favor of getting rid of it altogether.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:15 pm

agentcom wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:Just get rid of game log. Would create ultimate foggy game.

If you mean suppress it until the end of the game, that's one version of what we're talking about.

I don't think anybody is in favor of getting rid of it altogether.

It is the only real way to create ultimate fog. If not, you'd be able to count how many regions they took or how many they deployed.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby sirgermaine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Nola_lifer, I don't think you are disagreeing, just not seeing that you aren't arguing with agentcom. Agentcom isn't suggesting that you see the log during the game, only after.
Major sirgermaine

Postby syphy on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Good idea. But we should still keep normal fog. I enjoy being able to work out exactly where peoples territories are. :ugeek:
Lieutenant syphy

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby darth emperor on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:00 am

syphy wrote:Good idea. But we should still keep normal fog. I enjoy being able to work out exactly where peoples territories are. :ugeek:

True, we could call them 50% fog and 100% fog.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Bleed_Green on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 pm

I personally love all of this.. and would play this more then the normal fog.. I have been in to many games were I am winning but then the remaining players pick on me.. Which is obviously the right thing to do but this feature would eliminate it all together..

lets get this going!!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby sirgermaine on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 pm

darth emperor wrote:
syphy wrote:Good idea. But we should still keep normal fog. I enjoy being able to work out exactly where peoples territories are. :ugeek:

True, we could call them 50% fog and 100% fog.

squishyg suggested "Dark of Night Warfare"

I personally like the terms Sunny, Foggy, and Dark.
Major sirgermaine

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions