Conquer Club

[EoA] CC Facebook App

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[EoA] CC Facebook App

Postby vodean on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 am

Concise description:
  • similar things have been suggested, but were rejected primarily for security reasons, as far as i can tell (also, people stopped posting), so instead of necro-bumping something that people have problems with, im going to create a new idea. to see previous threads, click here, or here
  • an app where you can log into facebook and take your turns, post on the forums, etc.
  • would start from facebook, and you would have to use your facebook log-in, as well as your CC log-in
  • would attract a lot of new players
  • would make it easier for existing players to take their turns
  • would finally have a competitor group to Wives Against CC
  • compatible ideas can be found here, here, here (though i dont like this particular idea much), and here
  • this would be totally optional, and no one would be FORCED to participate.
  • this thread is particularly interesting because it dates back to 2009, and Lack himself says they are working on it, though other than that it is fairly useless (the suggestion is one sentence long)
  • would also link in nicely with the CC facebook page

Specifics/Details:
  • you can share victories more easily
  • people can individually advertise
  • people will be able to play CC while checking their facebook
  • this app will be a portable version of CC, with inbox, games, LC, and forum; a step on the way to a mobile app.
  • i think my general ideas are a little too specific, so this is more of a summary.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • a LOT of new players
  • a LOT more money
  • potentially a LOT more staffers to improve the site faster
  • a larger, better community
  • a more modern CC

again, people will be able to opt out if they are concerned about security, and will only be included if they add the app. it should bring in a lot of new customers, though.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: CC Facebook App

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm

an app already exists
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:11 am

Army of GOD wrote:an app already exists

I am not aware of CC being available on Facebook.

Are you talking about the iPhone app created by ballslap that in no way is connected to CC proper?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby vodean on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

they have a page, and you can post stuff on the wall.

i dont think there is an app though... you cant take turns, go on LC, or post in the forums
Sergeant vodean

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 pm

I don't see the point of integrating CC into Facebook...but yea, I thought vodean meant for it to be a mobile app. Mh bad
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby vodean on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I don't see the point of integrating CC into Facebook...but yea, I thought vodean meant for it to be a mobile app. Mh bad

I think it could be both. the more areas CC expands into, the more customers it gets.
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:32 pm

are people not replying because they think its perfect or because they think its imperfect?
Sergeant vodean

Postby agentcom on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm one of the people who's been lurking here. I haven't replied, but my thoughts are mainly

(1) I have no use for this (but I know you don't care about me--you care about getting new users)
(2) and more importantly, I'm not sure if FB users would be a great addition to this site. FB games are supposed to be casual sorts of things. I think you'd get a lot more people who sign up and deadbeat out after a few turns. But I really have no idea. That's my primary concern, but I have no evidence or anything for it.

So, that's basically the reason I haven't said anything. I don't know why others don't.

Oh and (3), not really a fan of facebook anyway.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 pm

agentcom wrote:FB games are supposed to be casual sorts of things.

What are non-speed games called? ;)

Anyway, people spend money on all sorts of stupid games. I think people would spend money on CC if it was on Facebook. So, IMO, I think it would help us all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby vodean on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 am

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:FB games are supposed to be casual sorts of things.

What are non-speed games called? ;)

Anyway, people spend money on all sorts of stupid games. I think people would spend money on CC if it was on Facebook. So, IMO, I think it would help us all.
yes. if this were implemented, they would have more money to hire suggestions implementers and hence after some time, this suggestion might get implemented
Sergeant vodean

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 am

Question) Is Facebook a profitable market for ConquerClub to further expand into (beyond its member group)?

If we can answer "yes," then that would likely stir the groins of the CC-Elite.

But, where can we find evidence?

A) Find other turn-based games, which are similar to ConquerClub and use Facebook Apps as well, and see how well or poorly they've done after launching their FB apps.
one method: (search Facebook, find those games, then ask questions on their forums. I'm not sure they'd be willing to share their Financial Statements (if they even have any), but criteria like "number of players" might be useful.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:36 pm

I think the main problem here is that you can already play Risk on Facebook. I am not sure how Hasbro would respond to us moving into their territory. However, if the legal minefield can be navigated, I wholly support this idea, especially to get more people to read the dispatch.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Question) Is Facebook a profitable market for ConquerClub to further expand into (beyond its member group)?

A) Find other turn-based games, which are similar to ConquerClub and use Facebook Apps as well, and see how well or poorly they've done after launching their FB apps.
one method: (search Facebook, find those games, then ask questions on their forums. I'm not sure they'd be willing to share their Financial Statements (if they even have any), but criteria like "number of players" might be useful.

Like Words with Friends... Successful turn based board game.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm

chapcrap wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Question) Is Facebook a profitable market for ConquerClub to further expand into (beyond its member group)?

Like Words with Friends... Successful turn based board game.

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 pm

I guess Facebook is still cool with the kids, so maybe this would have a little traction.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions