Move the chat box up under the map with a refresh button.

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Move the chat box up under the map with a refresh button.

Postby Robert The Red on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I think the chat box shouldf be moved to under the map, in its current situation there is a need to scroll down to see it and it can be missed when playing in a hurry, plus newbies often dont use it. Also a refresh button on the box so chat can take place faster as at the moment you have to scroll to the top to refresh game to refresh the chat (unless i am doing something wrong.

Robert The Red
Major Robert The Red

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Move the chat box up under the map with a refresh button

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Try chatglove.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Robert The Red wrote:I think the chat box shouldf be moved to under the map, in its current situation there is a need to scroll down to see it and it can be missed when playing in a hurry, plus newbies often dont use it. Also a refresh button on the box so chat can take place faster as at the moment you have to scroll to the top to refresh game to refresh the chat (unless i am doing something wrong.

Robert The Red

Doesn't the chat update when the screen auto-recycles? If so, then there's no need for a refresh button for it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:14 am

It seems to take a long time to recycle, and in the heat of a battle every second counts. plus i guess they recycle speed could depend on you your internet conection.
Major Robert The Red

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:19 am

chapcrap wrote:Try chatglove.

Hi thanks for the info on chatglove but can not get it to download. any ideas on the best place to download it from?

Also still think it would be a good idea to move the chat box up under the game so you can observe it easier when playing a game plus the newbies are more likely to take notice of it.
Major Robert The Red

Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:39 am

Hi I have now got chatglove. did not realise that i needed greasemonkey on my mozilla browser.
Chatglove is fantastic and i highly reccomend it.
Major Robert The Red

Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

The chat does auto-refresh with the game, however auto-refresh is only active during speed games, and it's set at 10 seconds.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby agentcom on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Can't all users refresh the map and chat by hitting "r."

Also, if you don't like the location the alternative to chatglove is BOB (also for FF and greasemonkey) which has an option to put it at the top.

Since I use those plug-ins, I'm all for them being implemented into the site. I think the Tools and Enhancements forum and the T&E themselves sort of provide a semi-official beta testing grounds for this stuff anyway. Not sure what the relationship between Suggestions and T&E is.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

agentcom wrote:Can't all users refresh the map and chat by hitting "r."

Also, if you don't like the location the alternative to chatglove is BOB (also for FF and greasemonkey) which has an option to put it at the top.

Since I use those plug-ins, I'm all for them being implemented into the site. I think the Tools and Enhancements forum and the T&E themselves sort of provide a semi-official beta testing grounds for this stuff anyway. Not sure what the relationship between Suggestions and T&E is.

Thanks for response, I have recently discovered Bob and chatglove and they are both brilliant, love having the chat window at the top of the page. recommend both those apps.
Major Robert The Red

Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby darth emperor on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 am

agentcom wrote:Can't all users refresh the map and chat by hitting "r."

That only works, if you've BOB...
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Return to Archived Suggestions