Map and Medal Foe

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Map and Medal Foe

Postby Iron Maid on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:12 am

Concise description:
  • After you won a game there should be an option to foe players in the game to avoid they join on the same map and/or settings

Specifics/Details:
  • Example: I'm very keen on cross-mapping. And it is annoying that constantly people come back on maps that I've already beaten them on. Sometimes it works to say, don't join anymore on this map. But there still enough people that keep joining. I don't mind when they join on other maps. But it's a waste of time to play 2 or more times against them on time-consuming maps.

As for medals this could be the same. New medals come out and only thing you can do to avoid the same people joining is foe them. I think this is a bit harsh to do. So give the option to Medal Foe them. After winning a game you can foe people just on settings you haven't won a Gold Medal on yet. So foe on Trench, Manual etc. etc. if you still haven't Gold. For Medals it could be that when you get Gold, you Medal Foes will be removed automatically.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will benefit as it will help people to work on Medal hunting & Cross-Mapping, without having to dramatically Foe others in total. Personal goals are easier to achieve in a more friendly way.
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Lieutenant Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 153
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (30)
Clan Achievement (20) Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Map and Medal Foe

Postby agentcom on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm

While you are allowed to use your foe list for just about any purpose that you wish--there isn't really such thing as foe list abuse--foeing players in order to crossmap has always been one of the more frowned upon uses of the foe system. (That and foeing all people you lose to. Basically foeing based on the outcome of games, generally.) So, I doubt that CC would encourage foeing in this manner by making it easier to do.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Iron Maid on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm

I've seen people in the past joining 5 times on the same map with the same settings. It is really annoying. I don't care if they join on other maps. I don't wanna foe players totally. Therefore I think that this suggestion could be very welcome to foe players just for a specific map after a game on that map is finished.
Lieutenant Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (30)

Postby agentcom on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Ahhh, I misunderstood the suggestion. Nonetheless, I'm guessing that anyone is going to go to the trouble of tweaking the foe system in order to help you (or others) get medals. There are a lot of players who don't like the foe list being used in this way, and even this modified system would probably not be received favorably.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby greenoaks on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:53 pm

so you're allowed to get a win against them to cross-map but they can bugger off, you won't be allowing them to get one against you
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Iron Maid on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm polite enough to let people join a second time. I only hate it when they join for a 3rd or even 4th time on the same map, even after I kindly asked not to join anymore on that map. People can create their own games on that map if they want.
Lieutenant Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:35 pm

I don't have that much of an issue with the suggestion, but it's just...meh.

I mean, I think you can get a group of 6 players together and all play each other until everyone has cross mapped the map. Or, something I do is only start a couple of games at a time. Then the games are spread out in game finder and you won't get the same person usually.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm

You are one of the rare players who would rather work towards a medal than gain points/play games...
Someone really wants to join your games and you believe you can beat them soundly, but you are foeing them? You are contributing to the stagnation of a system that is sluggish as it is. Open the foe floodgates if the people were not offensive and let cc thrive!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Return to Suggestions