[GP] Advance None Button

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:49 pm

wicked wrote:I think it's one more button to accidentally hit. :roll:

I agree, I think its perfect with how it is..
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby HighBorn on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:08 am

wow rev im impressed you said something in cc was perfect ;)...lmao
Private HighBorn

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Phobia on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:17 am

hmm i think it is a good idea espicially when you have large armies, but like wicked said, everyone complains clicking buttons acciendently :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Telvannia on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 am

i suggested this before im sure
im not sure what about it though
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Rynn on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 am

wicked wrote:I think it's one more button to accidentally hit. :roll:

Yeah thats true, didnt really think of that part.
Corporal 1st Class Rynn

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby Hoff on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 am

It is a terrible idea ryan!!! Just joking, i like it. I just stick all my armies on one territory anyway and it is a pain to scroll all the way to 0. I think it would be a nice button to have. Maybe the button could be in a different place or maybe it could be shaped differently so people wouldnt click it by accident.
Sergeant Hoff

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Add an "Advance 0 units" button

Postby Dr. Spankypants on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:59 am

On some of the larger maps, it gets a bit tedious when you've got a large force and you're taking territories that you don't want to advance units into, to keep having to scroll up to 0 units.

How about adding an "Advance 0 Units" button to section where you select the number of units to advance.
Private 1st Class Dr. Spankypants

Postby wicked on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:41 pm

It's already there. Look at the first number in the list, i.e. "0". The more buttons added, the more people complain about hitting them at inopportune times.
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Move None button

Postby Rybal on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:58 pm

<-------------------->

<Subject>:

* Has anyone else ever had this happen? You try to select 0 to move into a new territory (because you don't need any more than that) and you accidentally move all because that is the default? Maybe it is just me

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: Add a "Move None" button next to the "Advance" button.
* Specifics: Self explanatory
* Why it is needed: See Subject
* Priority** (1-5): 2
Sergeant Rybal

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:06 pm

It is just you. And to avoid making simple mistakes in gameplay (which we all do at one point or another), instead of adding more buttons to further confuse members, just slow down a little when taking your turn. :)
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby hecter on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:08 pm

AK_iceman wrote:It is just you. And to avoid making simple mistakes in gameplay (which we all do at one point or another), instead of adding more buttons to further confuse members, just slow down a little when taking your turn. :)

QFT

You have an hour man, you don't need to see if you can take your turn in under a minute (though I have done that before :) ).
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 pm

hecter wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:It is just you. And to avoid making simple mistakes in gameplay (which we all do at one point or another), instead of adding more buttons to further confuse members, just slow down a little when taking your turn. :)

QFT

You have an hour man, you don't need to see if you can take your turn in under a minute (though I have done that before :) ).

except if it is freestyle RT :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm

I like the idea, I sometimes just automatically click the "advance" button out of habit.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby Adrian Exodus on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm for it, when 1 of your countries has 30+ armies mouse wheeling/scrolling thru that little thing can get annoying so just having the advance(all) button and then adding a 'retreat' button that doesn't advance any armies would be nice for when your cleaning up.
Sergeant 1st Class Adrian Exodus

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Suggestion: Easy "Advance None" Button

Postby moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 pm

When I conquer a country, about 50% of the time I advance all, 40% of the time I advance none, and 10% of the time I advance a fraction of the armies from the attacking territory. So 40% of the time I have to click the drop-down menu and scroll up to 0.

Would you consider an Advance None button next to the Advance button (which is really an "Advance All" button before you mess with the drop-down menu) after a successful attack?
Last edited by moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishwasher safe. Garbage disposal dangerous.
Sergeant 1st Class moo_lol

Postby sully800 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:03 pm

I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:09 pm

It would be a very useful button.

Postby JerenYun on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:42 pm

I know I would love such a feature. I've had problems with Firefox lagging at work (NOT that I play CC instead of working...*cough*) and, when I think I have 0 armies chosen, it really hasn't chosen 0 and ends up advancing armies that I didn't want to advance (which can sometimes be a headache in an Adjacent game).
Private 1st Class JerenYun

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Postby kingpin01 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 am

The downside would be having another button on your screen that you could push accidentally and ruin your whole game. It would have to be placed far enough away from the advance button that you wouldn't hit it accidentally, like near the end attacks button. I think it would work
Cook kingpin01

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Ishiro on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am

sully800 wrote:I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?

If not a button, I suppose we could hope that a telepathy add-on is developed for FireFox. :)

... or, just put 0 at both ends of the drop down. So if you have 5 armies to advance, the drop down would be:

with 5 still selected as the default.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Seinfreak on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 am

Or, you click the dropdown and hit the 0 key on your keyboard...
Cadet Seinfreak

Postby Ishiro on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:02 am

Seinfreak wrote:Or, you click the dropdown and hit the 0 key on your keyboard...

Keyboard?

:p
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby moo_lol on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Ishiro wrote:
sully800 wrote:I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?

If not a button, I suppose we could hope that a telepathy add-on is developed for FireFox. :)

... or, just put 0 at both ends of the drop down. So if you have 5 armies to advance, the drop down would be:

with 5 still selected as the default.

I thought about this too, but then decided not to suggest it because it would be too easy to select that 0 when you mean to select the 5. I know the 5 is default, so why would you scroll to the "select" the 5? But still, it seems to me that it would cause more trouble than a new button.

Advance no armies button

Postby Elwar on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:58 pm

<Subject>:

* Advance no armies button next to the present drop-list.

<Body>
:

* Suggestion Idea: As above

* Specifics: When you attack a territory, you will have the option to select the number of armies to advance or to advance zero.

* Why it is needed
: Its just the latest in my small things that could be done to help CC crusade. Its both annoying with large amounts of armies to select zero as you have to scroll up to select zero, and wasteful of critical time in freestyle / speed matches. Its a simple solution to a simple problem.
Lieutenant Elwar

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby biznor on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 pm

Aggreed.
Sergeant 1st Class biznor

Next

Return to Submitted Suggestions