[GP/UI] Random Team Games

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Random Team Option

Yes
87%
No
7%
Neutral
5%

Total votes : 55

Re: Randomize team partners, please!

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 am

para wrote:hmm, do people like the additional sugestion i made to making this an option?

I can't see it being made as anything but an option.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby para on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:01 pm

making it a requirement only eliminates the ability for an already organized team to create a game where random people will be thier opponents?

is that something you want?
Corporal para

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby RADAGA on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm

2009-01-12 11:57:35 - RADAGA: DAMN! joined another team game without really wanting...
2009-01-12 11:58:08 - RADAGA: And, of course, another rigged one....
2009-01-13 14:48:22 - L M S: how can it be rigged, you joined and last at that..... quit whining
2009-01-13 15:00:53 - RADAGA: Rigged ... you 3 joined together, making a team already fine tuned. And I bet you have been kicking anyone with 2 or more stripes until you have a low rank team to deal with. Dont play lamb when being a wolf.
2009-01-14 14:42:03 - L M S: we didnt join together
2009-01-15 11:14:37 - RADAGA: Worse. then he kicked every one who did not matched his perfect standards, and then kicked afterwards anywone that he perceived as good enough.

Game 3941437

This proves people are rigging the game. They are not friends, so the guy who made the game probably kicked whoever he perceived as "not good enough" on his side and then kicked whoever he perceives as "way too good" on the other side.

For one person to have such power, to have the ultimate call on who joins which side, while the others have to simply folow his choices is blatantly biased towards the game creator.

The game have 1 captain and 2 lieutenants (paying) against a private (paying) a cook (fremium) and a cadet (me)

Since LMS (one of the lt) claimed they were not together, how can this arrangement happen? DOnt insult our intelligence and say it was coincidence.

Selective player kicking detected.
Private 1st Class RADAGA

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Timminz on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm

RADAGA wrote:Selective player kicking detected.

There's your problem. You seem to have no idea what you're talking about. Where did you get the idea that anyone can kick players from a game?
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

RADAGA wrote:This proves people are rigging the game. They are not friends, so the guy who made the game probably kicked whoever he perceived as "not good enough" on his side and then kicked whoever he perceives as "way too good" on the other side.

For one person to have such power, to have the ultimate call on who joins which side, while the others have to simply folow his choices is blatantly biased towards the game creator.

Selective player kicking detected.

yeah, just imagine if this were ACTUALLY POSSIBLE. this is simply not true, but nice try... person who doesn't know how games work detected. the black jesus has spoken.-0
Brett loves Christy Green!!!!
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby hecter on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:26 pm

What they're trying to say is that you can't kick people from your games. No matter what. Ever. It's simply not possible.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby TheBro on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Team 1

1 high ranked started the game.

2 other high ranks individually decided that they would like to play with this(these) high rank(s) because they assume one with a higher rank has more skill.

Team 2

Private joins game. Likes the map, settings, wants to win points?
Cook joins game. Cooks usually aren't worried about their score.
You join game. I have no idea why, looking to try to get a lot of points if you win, and lose little if you don't?

I'm not sure how something can be 'rigged' if you were able to look at the game, see who your partners would be, and still choose to join it! Come on!

Randomizing the teams would be... interesting?.... I'd never use it.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
Colonel TheBro

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby denominator on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:19 pm

I could see this being an interesting option, but not something static. I think the number of team games played would increase dramatically, as, in my experience, the only team games being played now are generally tournament games or those started with a team already in place.

I agree that these team games are clogging up the "Join A Game" section as there are simply so many quad games up that they can never fill quickly.

Those people who don't have a set team could then join a "random team" game, in which all the players are randomly assigned so they aren't joining a game with 3 random people against a well oiled machine.

Definitely don't take away the current settings, but adding this as an option could be very beneficial.
Major denominator

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (4)
Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Silent Hysteria on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 am

I think that you should only be able to join games with people of a similar rank. The better you do and more points you earn the better players you can play. simple fix. like 2 ranks in either direction of your rank.
Private 1st Class Silent Hysteria

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby obliterationX on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Sorry, I'd rather be having fun and playing my turns with my real-life friends, rather than being stuck with a clueless, ignorant chef. ;) Not a great idea in my opinion, and at the very most, it should be an option. The only use I can see for this is for inner-clan practice games.
Colonel obliterationX

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Try running a tourny like this if you are keen on the idea... you might find people sign up.
Lieutenant nagerous

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Teams in public random

Postby jonka on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm tired of taking on 4 brigadiers with 3 cooks, there should be an option to make random teams, or matched point values. Is it just me or do others want to get rid of all those games that are clearly experienced players preying on beginners?
Sergeant 1st Class jonka

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Teams in public random

Postby Joodoo on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm

high ranked players being in the same team does not mean they're teaming up on newbs, it's just because those high ranked players trust each other...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Teams in public random

Postby sailorseal on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:57 pm

I would like a mix up, I also have started games and have had a cook join a major join then three other majors and we are stuck with a cook
Cook sailorseal

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (3)

Postby tyler197802198 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:34 pm

I did start a tourney. See viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74328 - it filled relatively quickly, and has already started.

It seems the general consensus is that randomized teams should be an option, and that more people would play triples games if it were created, but there are still a few people (mostly with high rank) that would stick with their set teams.
Captain tyler197802198

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to Submitted Suggestions