[GP/UI] Random Team Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Random Team Option

Yes
86%
No
7%
Neutral
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Random Balanced Teams

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:For quite a few people, one of the attractions of team games is that they play together with people they know. That is not something you want to take away. If you want to avoid playing against established teams without having established teammates, pay attention to which games and which teams you join.

Yes, while this is true, I know i would personally like to play a game where you don't know what the teams are. Sure, a lot of high ranks probably won't like this, but i bet a ton of low ranks would. It would give you the ability to realize, Hey, i really like these/this guy(s) (or girl), they/he/she plays well and communicate well, perhaps this person would like to play some normal team games with me.

It would give the ability for people to find new partners, which I am always up for.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby ch0rn on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 am

Well, if it was an option you wouldn't HAVE to play the random team games if you don't want to. It would just be another way to setup the game for people who don't play on established teams. you could even go so far as to fog out the names of the players who have already joined the match, endless possibilities. The teams who play with an established team will still have a place to play, they just might not end up with so many "David vs Goliath" types of matches.

I am only speaking for myself of course, but I really enjoy team games, except so many times I join a team match and end up with 2-3 partners who have never been on a team together playing against a team who has countless matches together...

Thanks for elaborating on my original post guys. Glad some people like the idea.
Captain ch0rn

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

i would like to see a random teams option implemented

we can now select random maps so why not random partners
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:25 am

greenoaks wrote:i would like to see a random teams option implemented

we can now select random maps so why not random partners

Agreed.

It would just be an option, not forcing random partners upon people who join team games. That would destroy Tournies and Clans.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby allyboo on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 am

I like this idea as an optional extra, not as a default setting you can't get out of.

It is nice to play in a team with someone you know, but additionally it would sometimes be quite fun to be assigned a random team :)
Sergeant 1st Class allyboo

Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Sure interesting idea, not something i would play very often but as an option fine.

Put a poll up i would vote for it.

IcePack
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Lieutenant IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:49 pm

ch0rn wrote:The teams who play with an established team will still have a place to play, they just might not end up with so many "David vs Goliath" types of matches.

No, they'll still have all of those that they want, since they arrange those through PMs and invitations to the lowly ignorant masses anyway.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Shuffle teams

Postby skychaser on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 am

When I want to join a team game. I JUST CAN'T find a decent game. Why? It's simple, the masters of the universe mega upper generals from hell are always the first to join and they Always form the better team and surprisingly joining the other team will leave-me with two cooks who know nothing about the game mechanism so it doesn't matter my plan or strategy, it's almost impossible winning any team game one joins.

My plan would be to make ANY public team game shuffle all the players in the moment the game start, so this way things will be a litle more balanced and team game will even be possible. The way things are now is as balanced as a match between a MMA champion against a random paraplegic.

This way only private games will be team games and it fits a little better.
Colonel skychaser

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Shuffle teams

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Haha this would be awesome! Would be even better if you could do some sort of "matchmaking" so that the game consists of all similar rank.

Of course still allow all team functionality to still exist
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Sergeant 1st Class MoB Deadly

Medals: 144
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:52 pm

This has been suggested before, and it is sitting somewhere in the archives right now. I do like the suggestion, but not the "ALL PUBLIC" games must be shuffled. If you could have the option to shuffle up the ranks, going in order (Best player on Team 1, second best on Team 2, third best on team 2, etc), then I would fully support this.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Found it. Merged

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I think this is a great option. I love having my set partners for maps and going against other tough teams, but I understand that it would suck not to be part of a team. I used to be in the same boat. I wouldn't even go near a team game. I wanted to try, but was always fearful of what kind of opponent I would get teamed up with against experienced partners.

I say add it as 3 more game styles called:
    Random Doubles
    Random Triples
    Random Quads

You have my support!
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 am

This would also be fun among friends too.

I have a lot of people I play with on a regular basis and it'd be fun to set up a new Random Quads game and invite 7 of those people and let the site decide who's with me and who's against me.

New tournament ideas are already flowing through my head if this happens.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Random teammate/"Shuffle" teammate games

Postby Pirlo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:07 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Yes, I'm bumping a year-old thread. But it's only because I came to suggest something that's already been suggested.

As a player without regular teammates, I don't want to join a trips or quads game against 3 or 4 majors/brigadiers when I have no clue who will be joining my team. However, I wouldn't mind joining a game with 6/8 players who were then randomly divided into teams. It may also be a new way for people to meet & become teammates later on.

I can't understand why someone would give a "loud NO" to this. It would only be an option for team games; they could still be played as normal. Since no moderator ever commented on this, and it was never "rejected", I thought I'd bring it into discussion again.

+1
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

Pirlo wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:Yes, I'm bumping a year-old thread. But it's only because I came to suggest something that's already been suggested.

As a player without regular teammates, I don't want to join a trips or quads game against 3 or 4 majors/brigadiers when I have no clue who will be joining my team. However, I wouldn't mind joining a game with 6/8 players who were then randomly divided into teams. It may also be a new way for people to meet & become teammates later on.

I can't understand why someone would give a "loud NO" to this. It would only be an option for team games; they could still be played as normal. Since no moderator ever commented on this, and it was never "rejected", I thought I'd bring it into discussion again.

+1

That "year-old bump" was 2 years ago. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

+1

That "year-old bump" was 2 years ago. I wouldn't hold my breath.

but your post is perfect for me. I couldn't express my opinion better.
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby Dibbun on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:11 pm

chapcrap wrote:I think this is a great option. I love having my set partners for maps and going against other tough teams, but I understand that it would suck not to be part of a team. I used to be in the same boat. I wouldn't even go near a team game. I wanted to try, but was always fearful of what kind of opponent I would get teamed up with against experienced partners.

I say add it as 3 more game styles called:
    Random Doubles
    Random Triples
    Random Quads

You have my support!

Absolutely +1 on this idea and especially this specific recommendation^
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby 40kguy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 am

would be nice for private games with friends
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 pm

I wish this wasn't rejected.
Captain chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby agentcom on Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks for bringing this to the front chap. I like it too. I would be much more willing to join team games with randoms (and they would be truly random) if I knew that everyone else was in the same position. It's so risky to do it now because you never know when a cook is going to join your team and F everything up. Now everyone shares that risk.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby agentcom on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:31 pm

I wish mods would announce when they move threads around ...

But glad to see it out of rejected.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby MrBoom on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:58 pm

This would be excellent.
Major MrBoom

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)

Random Teams Option

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:54 am

An extra option to tick where players join a game and teams are assigned randomly once full

As the concise description implys, a game is made either 4, 6 or 8 players and it is either dubs, trips or quads. Although players join an open field and the teams are formed randomly once the game starts. So no one knows who they will play with on their side untill it starts.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It will allow people to play more interesting team games. Either with people they know or dont. It will spice up games with friends and also aid medal hunting.

Its also a popular tournament format "random team mates". So that shows there is demand for the style of paly.

Although im not a computer wizard im guessing its not going to be the hardest of things to implement, so could be good as a cheekly little offering to keep people feeling loved. ;)
Major cookie0117

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Random Teams Option

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 am

EDIT: removed all the links to the other threads, because I have merged all the threads together.
Captain chapcrap

Re: Random Teams Option

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I think a little more research from me in the future but as its been suggested so many times it must be somewhat popular!!!
Major cookie0117

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions