Conquer Club

Maximum Speed Games a Player to Create in Awaiting List

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Maximum Speed Games a Player to Create in Awaiting List

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:58 am

I don't think this suggestion is really feasible. Many people, myself included, can play 10 games at once, especially if the turns are 5 minute turns.

In addition, if people were unable to play the games they start, they'll either suffer themselves or they are point dumping and will get in trouble for that. No one should be limited by the site in how many games they play if they are paying to play.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:21 pm

10 speed games at once is not hard if they have 4 or more players.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:39 pm

NOt a bad idea given recent point dumper cases creating like 20 1vs1
Major betiko

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:47 pm

It is a good idea to put a cap on speed games. Maybe 8 games or even as many as 10. Recently Kingfisher decided to point dump and set 30 some odd games......Kingfisher was vacationed but the site did nothing to cryinglion who profited from 24 dead beated games or to tank21 who profited from at least 8 DB ed games......viewtopic.php?f=239&t=182833
Major GeneralRisk

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:51 pm

betiko wrote:NOt a bad idea given recent point dumper cases creating like 20 1vs1

GeneralRisk wrote:It is a good idea to put a cap on speed games. Maybe 8 games or even as many as 10. Recently Kingfisher decided to point dump and set 30 some odd games......Kingfisher was vacationed but the site did nothing to cryinglion who profited from 24 dead beated games or to tank21 who profited from at least 8 DB ed games......http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 9&t=182833

So, we already have a punishment system in place. Maybe someone should create a C&A case against cryinlion and tank21...

Why do we need to restrict players who want to play that many at once? An isolated case of someone getting cranky doesn't really seem like a good reason to me. I could easily play twenty 8 player games at 5 minute turns.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:59 pm

chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:NOt a bad idea given recent point dumper cases creating like 20 1vs1

GeneralRisk wrote:It is a good idea to put a cap on speed games. Maybe 8 games or even as many as 10. Recently Kingfisher decided to point dump and set 30 some odd games......Kingfisher was vacationed but the site did nothing to cryinglion who profited from 24 dead beated games or to tank21 who profited from at least 8 DB ed games......viewtopic.php?f=239&t=182833

So, we already have a punishment system in place. Maybe someone should create a C&A case against cryinlion and tank21...

Why do we need to restrict players who want to play that many at once? An isolated case of someone getting cranky doesn't really seem like a good reason to me. I could easily play twenty 8 player games at 5 minute turns.

Other than this it s highly annoying when your opponent is on 10 games at a time and makes you wait 4mins each turn to start just because he can.
Major betiko

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 pm

chapcrap wrote:

GeneralRisk wrote:It is a good idea to put a cap on speed games. Maybe 8 games or even as many as 10. Recently Kingfisher decided to point dump and set 30 some odd games......Kingfisher was vacationed but the site did nothing to cryinglion who profited from 24 dead beated games or to tank21 who profited from at least 8 DB ed games......viewtopic.php?f=239&t=182833

Maybe u can play 20 games. Believe me that most players on this site cant play more than 5 at a time. Many of the idiots who try to play more than 5 games at a time have in the past joined my team in dubs games and miss fucking turns. This only serves to aggravate me and to have to foe yet again. As far as cryinglion and tank21, I guess the c and a team are just too busy or just plain lazy to have just dealt with it on their own.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:25 pm

betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

GeneralRisk wrote:It is a good idea to put a cap on speed games. Maybe 8 games or even as many as 10. Recently Kingfisher decided to point dump and set 30 some odd games......Kingfisher was vacationed but the site did nothing to cryinglion who profited from 24 dead beated games or to tank21 who profited from at least 8 DB ed games......http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 9&t=182833

Other than this it s highly annoying when your opponent is on 10 games at a time and makes you wait 4mins each turn to start just because he can.

Then don't join those games against them...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:31 pm

chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Nobody on this site can properly play 20, 8 player esc speed games simultaneously, including you. Who the f*ck you think you talking too?
Major GeneralRisk

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Nobody on this site can properly play 20, 8 player esc speed games simultaneously, including you. Who the f*ck you think you talking too?

Yeah, maybe I wouldn't make the best decision in every game, but don't act like I can't do it. And if I want to, to have fun, then I should be able to.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

sorry but you sometimes play turns in 15s and in others you need to click and think, mostly on large maps. When you have like 6 player games with a couple of players making you wait 3-4 mins each time they are being annoying to their opponents. 4-5 minutes turns doesn t mean it s cool to show up for the last 30s and you are not going to foe them all. Let s just be civil and not f*ck up a game fluidity just because you don t care of what it s like to have such opponents.
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Just play 2 minute games if you don't want to wait... There are options for everyone. Limiting people who want to have 10 games waiting at once and are paying for the privilege, seems wrong to me. If you don't want to join their games, then don't. No one is forcing you.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 pm

betiko wrote:When you have like 6 player games with a couple of players making you wait 3-4 mins each time they are being annoying to their opponents. 4-5 minutes turns doesn t mean it s cool to show up for the last 30s and you are not going to foe them all. Let s just be civil and not f*ck up a game fluidity just because you don t care of what it s like to have such opponents.

This argument doesn't fly. Whether or not you think it's "cool" for people to take all of their allotted time for a turn, we're not going to base site rules on the fact that people might have to wait longer if people join more games. Otherwise we would punish people who take all of their time in a 4 minute game because they have a slow connection. If you want guaranteed shorter turns, play a game with shorter turns, as chapcrap says.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:22 pm

chapcrap wrote:Just play 2 minute games if you don't want to wait... There are options for everyone. Limiting people who want to have 10 games waiting at once and are paying for the privilege, seems wrong to me. If you don't want to join their games, then don't. No one is forcing you.

Again: if you know you will be short on time for important turns in 1-2 mins, you like playing 3-5 because it gives more time to play/think when you need it. I have no probs if an opponent takes 1 min to start then takes 3-4 mins for complicated turns. People on 10 games necesairly deadbeat or play stupidly at some momentums because 4 turns start at the same moment and you have the possibility of swipping the board on 1 of them.. You can ruin many people s games by playing stupidly because you have no time left. Also when you join a game you are not going to analyze 1 by 1 how many games each one is playing speedy.
You are a bad example chap because you admited the other day you had more games that you could handle, yet you register in mafia games you don t even play...
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

betiko wrote:You are a bad example chap because you admited the other day you had more games that you could handle, yet you register in mafia games you don t even play...

First, not that this is relevant to the thread at all, I told the organizers of those games when they asked me to join/sub that I wasn't sure about my activity for them. /mafia talk

Second, I have never admitted to having more games than I could handle, because that has never happened. Find where I said that please.

Third, that still isn't a good argument fort implementing this even if it were true.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jdw35 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm

People pay money to have the ability to play speed games. There shouldnt be a restriction on how many they can create. its their own fault if they get into too many games, and the result is possibly losing the majority of those games. if they make a ton of games for the purpose of point dumping then we all know what happens to them. I think the current system works just fine.
Major jdw35

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 pm

jdw35 wrote:People pay money to have the ability to play speed games. There shouldnt be a restriction on how many they can create. its their own fault if they get into too many games, and the result is possibly losing the majority of those games. if they make a ton of games for the purpose of point dumping then we all know what happens to them. I think the current system works just fine.

i agree with this. leave our speed games alone.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 am

chapcrap wrote:

We're not really talking about punishment here chapcrap. This is an attempt to prevent people from doing massive damage when hacking someones account.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 am

jdw35 wrote:People pay money to have the ability to play speed games. There shouldnt be a restriction on how many they can create. its their own fault if they get into too many games, and the result is possibly losing the majority of those games. if they make a ton of games for the purpose of point dumping then we all know what happens to them. I think the current system works just fine.

When you create 20 speed games, weather or not 20 games can be managable to stay aside, on the other hand my JUST 1 speed game dissapears there, i can not find an opponent to play with, or it takes ages me to find someone to sit in my JUST 1 game, and very due to there are hell of 50 speed games or even more and 30-35 of 50+ games created by 1 or 2 players...

So, you call it limitting one player's speed game number will be a restriction, looking at the matter from rights perspective of a customer, so i am asking you where are my rights ? Why do you surplasse my single game, let it diminish/dissapear/be invisible in between one other's 20 games ? Since you paid, do you think it gives you every right, and even rights to decrease my comfort hence my rights ? Consider it brother, this is my 4th renewal and 5th year in this site.

Also, we have got 50 casual games limit, so ?

A similar example/analogy, living in a plaza, say 250 occupants, and 750 car parking slots reserved for only plaza occupants use. One wealthy man can not simply come around to tell i ll park my 20 cars here cos he paid for a flat here. So, your paying for the site gives you rights, but not rights to fill around with a huge mess.

All the bests.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 am

HardAttack wrote:Also, we have got 50 casual games limit, so ?

50 game waiting limit, which covers both casual and speed games, so there is a rule in place already. Not the one you want, I am just clarifying
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:44 am

It sounds as though if we implemented this, we would want to set the cap high enough that a person could reasonably play in that many games, but low enough to prevent massive point dumping. My guess is that ten games is a reasonable compromise; I doubt there are very many people who could play more than ten games at once, and even if they can, this isn't stopping them from doing so; it's just stopping them from having more than 10 waiting at once.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:It sounds as though if we implemented this, we would want to set the cap high enough that a person could reasonably play in that many games, but low enough to prevent massive point dumping. My guess is that ten games is a reasonable compromise; I doubt there are very many people who could play more than ten games at once, and even if they can, this isn't stopping them from doing so; it's just stopping them from having more than 10 waiting at once.

10 sounds reasonable to me (people who have games joined will drop a few awaiting games anyway).
Also, this might me a bit complicated, but a sort of "licence" for this would be cool. Let's say chapcrap can play 10 speeders at a time, you still got a vast majority who couldn't handle it and would be missing turns everywhere (my case for example). Maybe you could "unlock" more speeders at a time if you have the skills (if you prove to play all your turns with X amount of speeders at a time, you get upgraded to X+1)
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:It sounds as though if we implemented this, we would want to set the cap high enough that a person could reasonably play in that many games, but low enough to prevent massive point dumping. My guess is that ten games is a reasonable compromise; I doubt there are very many people who could play more than ten games at once, and even if they can, this isn't stopping them from doing so; it's just stopping them from having more than 10 waiting at once.

I think the suggestion should be 10 in total, regardless of if they are waiting or active. Otherwise it has no claws against the point dumping due to hacking problem. 1v1 speed games can fill pretty quickly, before mods are alerted of it.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:37 pm

point dumping is not a problem so there is nothing to fix.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:42 pm

greenoaks wrote:point dumping is not a problem so there is nothing to fix.

Tell that to KINGFISHER who is now a cook.
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions