Conquer Club

Maximum Speed Games a Player to Create in Awaiting List

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Maximum Speed Games a Player to Create in Awaiting List

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Gillipig wrote:
greenoaks wrote:point dumping is not a problem so there is nothing to fix.

Tell that to KINGFISHER who is now a cook.

1 person is not a problem
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

This isn't exactly the first time it's happened.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Gillipig wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

and we have a perfectly good process in place to deal with it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 am

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

and we have a perfectly good process in place to deal with it.

For punishing, not preventing. Except asking asking players to not give out their passwords there's nothing the site has done to prevent people from losing control of their account, or minimize the damage done when that happens. This is not something you can address by issuing a punishment to the victim.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 am

People don't get hacked, they either do it themselves or give out their password to someone they shouldn't.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 am

chapcrap wrote:People don't get hacked, they either do it themselves or give out their password to someone they shouldn't.

Like clan members and friends? I can guarantee you that the players who get fucked up like this didn't throw out their password to people they didn't trust. It just turned out that one of them was an asshole. The site does nothing to minimize damage in these situation, a cap limit for active/waiting speedgames would be one way to at least do something..
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am

Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:People don't get hacked, they either do it themselves or give out their password to someone they shouldn't.

Like clan members and friends? I can guarantee you that the players who get fucked up like this didn't throw out their password to people they didn't trust. It just turned out that one of them was an asshole. The site does nothing to minimize damage in these situation, a cap limit for active/waiting speedgames would be one way to at least do something..

First, you can't guarantee you know how everyone feels.

Second, since you don't address the fact that I said people aren't getting hacked, I assume you agree. Therefore, the isolated incident of KINGFISHER, is his own fault. Most likely he did it himself and posted on his own wall that he got hacked. In any case, it's not really relevant to the suggestion.

The suggester just wants a limit because he finds multiple games annoying. A better solution, IMO, is to hide multiple games, like is done in the normal game finder. Then, only one will show even though multiples are waiting.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 am

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Second, since you don't address the fact that I said people aren't getting hacked, I assume you agree. Therefore, the isolated incident of KINGFISHER, is his own fault. Most likely he did it himself and posted on his own wall that he got hacked. In any case, it's not really relevant to the suggestion.

The suggester just wants a limit because he finds multiple games annoying. A better solution, IMO, is to hide multiple games, like is done in the normal game finder. Then, only one will show even though multiples are waiting.

Stop talking about this like it is an "isolated incident", I've heard of countless of people who got messed up like this. Browse through the archived C&A reports if you don't believe me.
"Hacked" in this context means: "To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network". So no, we're not talking about hacking, unless there have been cases I'm not aware of where this was done.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Unless chapcrap knows something I don't, I wouldn't be confident that no one has ever guessed another player's password before.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Stop talking about this like it is an "isolated incident", I've heard of countless of people who got messed up like this. Browse through the archived C&A reports if you don't believe me.
"Hacked" in this context means: "To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network". So no, we're not talking about hacking, unless there have been cases I'm not aware of where this was done.

You've heard of countless people? If you have heard of them, you should be able to count them with a rudimentary educational background.

@Mets, I agree that people could be hacked. But, all of the point dumping I have seen has not been because of hacking. And by all, I mean 5-6 cases that I have seen in almost 5 years.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

MERGED threads here. Both were wanting to limit the number of speed games someone can have waiting.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Suggestions