Conquer Club

[Medal] Unique Map Achievement -Ribbon Award

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

What level should the ribbon be awarded at?

No votes
56%
No votes
44%

Total votes : 9

Re: Unique Map Achievement -Ribbon Award-poll

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 pm

qwert wrote:First these are ribbon, its very different then medals. Also ribbons are not meant to be to much easy,and not to be to much hard to accomplishes . Probably 100 UDP on 1 map will be enough to get ribbon for one specific map, and i think that these its not easy,and definitely not a hard to achieve.
So these will have only 1 lvl, and not any kind of bronze-silver-gold lvl. Ribbon are ribbon , and its not medal.

ribbons have colours in them, some could have bronze, silver or gold in them.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm

If you are going to go with one ribbon and not a medal steps system, go for 400 players. Make it bloody hard to get 1, let alone 5 or 6. Show players what maps you specialize in (this is really the core of the argument to have them). This should be as hard to get for each one as the gold standard medal is. Any easier and you devalue it and all it becomes is pretty graphics on the profile page.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm

koontz1973 wrote:If you are going to go with one ribbon and not a medal steps system, go for 400 players. Make it bloody hard to get 1, let alone 5 or 6. Show players what maps you specialize in (this is really the core of the argument to have them). This should be as hard to get for each one as the gold standard medal is. Any easier and you devalue it and all it becomes is pretty graphics on the profile page.

like i previous conclude , if these go to 400, then these award will be pointless, because even Johnnyrocket, who play 20000 games, will be awarded with only 3 or 4 ribbons.

Some normal middle will be 100, because will give chance for more people to be in position for some of ribbons.

I look on your map rank,and you will only get Word 2.1 Ribbon(have over 1000UDP) if we go for 400 UDP. If we go for 100 you will get 5 ribbons.

400 UDP for one map its to much, and 100 UDP are right number to be middle between hard and easy.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:10 pm

qwert wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:If you are going to go with one ribbon and not a medal steps system, go for 400 players. Make it bloody hard to get 1, let alone 5 or 6. Show players what maps you specialize in (this is really the core of the argument to have them). This should be as hard to get for each one as the gold standard medal is. Any easier and you devalue it and all it becomes is pretty graphics on the profile page.

like i previous conclude , if these go to 400, then these award will be pointless, because even Johnnyrocket, who play 20000 games, will be awarded with only 3 or 4 ribbons.

Some normal middle will be 100, because will give chance for more people to be in position for some of ribbons.

I look on your map rank,and you will only get Word 2.1 Ribbon(have over 1000UDP) if we go for 400 UDP. If we go for 100 you will get 5 ribbons.

400 UDP for one map its to much, and 100 UDP are right number to be middle between hard and easy.

the level u propose is pointless as it will be easily met.

if ribbons are to mark an achievement on a map then it has to be set at a level that is an actual achievement.

that is 400
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby qwertylpc on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

id say 1 level for the ribbon either 250 or 500, and it should be for wins, not games played
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 am

qwert wrote:

So I only get one ribbon at 400. It shows players that that map is what I am good at. Give me 5 ribbons and players can only see what maps I might be OK at or have played a lot. Play a map enough times and you will get the ribbon at 400 or 100. But at 400 you have an achievement worth bragging about. At 100 you devalue it and it becomes pointless.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 am

koontz1973 wrote:
qwert wrote:

So I only get one ribbon at 400. It shows players that that map is what I am good at. Give me 5 ribbons and players can only see what maps I might be OK at or have played a lot. Play a map enough times and you will get the ribbon at 400 or 100. But at 400 you have an achievement worth bragging about. At 100 you devalue it and it becomes pointless.

hmm, you talk like its easy to Kill 100 unique player in one map? Your explanation are not cover with fact ,and fact its that not easy to collect 100 UDP on 1 map. Are you try to do some math and stats? Do you know how much games you need to play to get 1 ribbon? Do you know how much games you need to play to achieve 10 ribbons?
When you talk, someone will really be in illusion that its very easy to kill 100, and that even 400 are easy task.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am

I have to agree with qwert. Why not 1000 games won while you're at it... If 100 is so easy to get, well I challenge anyone to start specializing on a map from today where they almost have no unique kills and tell us how long it takes him to reach 100. I bet you that it would take 6 month at leat. And again, there are over 230 maps. Also, I bet that no one on the site would have the 400 requirement for half of the maps existing as half of them isn't played a lot. You guys seem to forget that all these stuff are not only meant for veterans, such high standards are not even fun for newcommers... But wait, so the bronze silver gold system is tossed or what?
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 am

koontz1973 wrote:So I only get one ribbon at 400. It shows players that that map is what I am good at. Give me 5 ribbons and players can only see what maps I might be OK at or have played a lot. Play a map enough times and you will get the ribbon at 400 or 100. But at 400 you have an achievement worth bragging about. At 100 you devalue it and it becomes pointless.

I don't agree with that opinion at all.
betiko wrote:I have to agree with qwert. Why not 1000 games won while you're at it... If 100 is so easy to get, well I challenge anyone to start specializing on a map from today where they almost have no unique kills and tell us how long it takes him to reach 100. I bet you that it would take 6 month at leat. And again, there are over 230 maps. Also, I bet that no one on the site would have the 400 requirement for half of the maps existing as half of them isn't played a lot. You guys seem to forget that all these stuff are not only meant for veterans, such high standards are not even fun for newcommers... But wait, so the bronze silver gold system is tossed or what?

+1
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am

qwert wrote:hmm, you talk like its easy to Kill 100 unique player in one map? Your explanation are not cover with fact ,and fact its that not easy to collect 100 UDP on 1 map. Are you try to do some math and stats? Do you know how much games you need to play to get 1 ribbon? Do you know how much games you need to play to achieve 10 ribbons?
When you talk, someone will really be in illusion that its very easy to kill 100, and that even 400 are easy task.

For 100 unique kills, I can easily see this becoming a trophy thing. You say do the math, well I did it. If I set up 15 8 player games, invite different people to those games and win all of them, I get the ribbon. So you want to award a ribbon for winning as little as 15 games. That is too low. And this is what 100 will make this. It will have players making private games, inviting lower ranks to get a ribbon. Even if they lose a few, I can see a lot of players getting it for as little as 20 games. So 20 games gets you one ribbon, 200 gets you ten. Considering I used to play 100+ games at a time, give me 3 weeks and I will have 10 ribbons. If we allow speed games, give me 3 days. Anyone who knows the really complicated maps, will be able to do this even faster.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
qwert wrote:hmm, you talk like its easy to Kill 100 unique player in one map? Your explanation are not cover with fact ,and fact its that not easy to collect 100 UDP on 1 map. Are you try to do some math and stats? Do you know how much games you need to play to get 1 ribbon? Do you know how much games you need to play to achieve 10 ribbons?

For 100 unique kills, I can easily see this becoming a trophy thing. You say do the math, well I did it. If I set up 15 8 player games, invite different people to those games and win all of them, I get the ribbon. So you want to award a ribbon for winning as little as 15 games. That is too low. And this is what 100 will make this. It will have players making private games, inviting lower ranks to get a ribbon. Even if they lose a few, I can see a lot of players getting it for as little as 20 games. So 20 games gets you one ribbon, 200 gets you ten. Considering I used to play 100+ games at a time, give me 3 weeks and I will have 10 ribbons. If we allow speed games, give me 3 days. Anyone who knows the really complicated maps, will be able to do this even faster.

You think you're good enough to win at that high a percentage? Use real arguments. There is no way you are going to win like that against all unique opponents. Let me give you a real stay that I stated earlier:

Of my maps with at least 100 unique kills, I've played at least 99 games on all of them. I believe that even with the most aggressive estimates, it would take at least 40 games and that is if you are playing unique people in every game, which is highly unlikely in itself.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm

OK, use my current win rate of 29%, in games that I play mostly, 8 player esc in fog on standard maps. That is the majority of maps on the site. So at 29% win rate, I can win a ribbon with 50 games if I follow what I said above. That is me alone. Some one with 60% win rate and plays mostly 1v1 will need to play around 180 games. Considering I can set up 50 games and invite whoever I want, I would bet that I will get ribbons easily on maps that I like at a pretty good rate.

Even on maps that I may not be so good at, 100 games and winning 15 of them is not that hard to do. I would easily guess a ribbon a month would be the norm for most players.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 pm

koontz1973 wrote:OK, use my current win rate of 29%, in games that I play mostly, 8 player esc in fog on standard maps. That is the majority of maps on the site. So at 29% win rate, I can win a ribbon with 50 games if I follow what I said above. That is me alone. Some one with 60% win rate and plays mostly 1v1 will need to play around 180 games. Considering I can set up 50 games and invite whoever I want, I would bet that I will get ribbons easily on maps that I like at a pretty good rate.

Even on maps that I may not be so good at, 100 games and winning 15 of them is not that hard to do. I would easily guess a ribbon a month would be the norm for most players.

I won't take 29% as your win rate for those games, because it's only 18%. I'll take that.

Secondly, if someone can pull off one of these maps every month, then so what? 20 years and they can finish all the maps... That is if we stop making them.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby qwertylpc on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 pm

i think 100 is to low to show mastery of a map, also 400 is to high, so why not settle at 200

Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Major qwertylpc

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Even at 18%, I only need to play 20 more games. So what if someone can get one a month, I agree with that, but the problem is not one a month or one every two/three/four months. It is the value that should be placed onto these ribbons. The ribbons should be the gold standard for the maps. To get one shows you are bloody good at it, not that you have played (x) amount of games on it.

When you consider that I won my standard silver medal 3 months after joining and my gold medal 4 months after joining, I went from 100 unique kills to 400 in 6 weeks. That is 3 ribbons if I had played 3 maps only in that period.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 pm

koontz1973 wrote:OK, use my current win rate of 29%, in games that I play mostly, 8 player esc in fog on standard maps. That is the majority of maps on the site. So at 29% win rate, I can win a ribbon with 50 games if I follow what I said above. That is me alone. Some one with 60% win rate and plays mostly 1v1 will need to play around 180 games. Considering I can set up 50 games and invite whoever I want, I would bet that I will get ribbons easily on maps that I like at a pretty good rate.

Wow,when you say,its look so easy-15 games with 8 players, and in all games every person need to be unique. And in last ,you need just to win all 15 games. 100% wins.
Most succesfull player with most unique kills are Johnyrocket24, and even he with 15000 kils can only achive 10 ribbons, but you can even be better then hem???
finished games map rank:
Highlanderattack(35655 finished games)-4015 UDP(total)------- 4 ribbons((above 400UDP)----30 ribbons(above 100UDP)

Now when i look on hes minimum games for 100UDP for one map are 137 games(73 wins) .
Your theory are somehow close to be Fantasy, because its not possibile that each month play 50 games on one map,and to achive 100UDP, and like someone say,you need to play 20 years to achive 200 ribbons, and its hell of a work.
We can go like these up and down, but your argument are very weak
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby qwertylpc on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm

That is why it should be either 200 or 250

Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Major qwertylpc

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:35 pm

stop thinking this is something someone will achieve a ribbon on every map for and use it as something to indicate outstanding performance on that 1 map.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 pm

greenoaks wrote:stop thinking this is something someone will achieve a ribbon on every map for and use it as something to indicate outstanding performance on that 1 map.

And that is what I am trying to get you to see it that way. Winning 15 8 player private games, using the scoreboard to invite players is not something that hard to do.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 am

koontz1973 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:stop thinking this is something someone will achieve a ribbon on every map for and use it as something to indicate outstanding performance on that 1 map.

And that is what I am trying to get you to see it that way. Winning 15 8 player private games, using the scoreboard to invite players is not something that hard to do.

me :?

i've been saying 400 since i joined this thread. however i would prefer a tiered system that matched the medals.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm

koontz1973 wrote:

enough talking. koontz, pass from theory to practice. I just mapranked you and there are 8 maps you've never played (2 of which are not counted)
Cricket,Cuban Missile Crisis,Dawn Of Ages,Operation Drug War,Third Crusade,New Zealand,2010 World Cup,Saint Patrick's Day

pick the one you want out of the 6 remaining and I give you 2 month to reach 100 unique kills, I guarantee you will not make it. challenge accepted?
Major betiko

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 am

betiko wrote:challenge accepted?

Accepted. But I have Madrid due out to play hopefully this week. Next week at the latest so will do it on that.

You say two months, what do I get when I do it? ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 am

koontz1973 wrote:
betiko wrote:challenge accepted?

Accepted. But I have Madrid due out to play hopefully this week. Next week at the latest so will do it on that.

You say two months, what do I get when I do it? ;)

let's see other people's opinion, but I'd say we would agree on 400 :lol:
point is that people don't always play cc, so 2 month is 2 month. let's say you got till end of march. which of the 6 maps do you chose? number of games needed for that acheivement will be looked at carefully! :twisted:

side note: curious to see what that experiment on 100 will do. note that 100 in 2 month doesn't mean 400 in 8 month because of all duplicates and the difficulty of being consistent over a longer period of time.
nevertheless, 8 month x 230 is quite complicated within a lifetime!!
Major betiko

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 am

Cricket,Cuban Missile Crisis,Dawn Of Ages,Operation Drug War,Third Crusade,New Zealand

hmm these will be interesting experiment, theoreticaly koonts need to play 15 games with 8 unique player on each map,, these its 15x6=90 games,,, only second part of theory its hard to happened- all 90 wins .
I think that these its not possible to achieve , but if you give 1 month for 1 map, then these could be possible.
Betiko will win these bet ,100% sure ;)

For example you reach 107 UDP on Europe, but you play 90 games and win 30, and these its your best win % for over 100 UDP, and for these achiwement you play 2 years. Statistic are on betiko side ;)

What to say good luck on these , and if you achive these,then you will be in combination for another award-Consecutive win medal :)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 am

As I said, I will do it for Madrid as soon as it comes out. Then we have a firm start date and I always play lots on my maps as soon as they come out.

qwert, you mentioned Europe, that map was played a lot with small games as well. I only played it 4 times at my preferred setting so it does not count. But fine, as soon as Madrid comes out to play, I will make games, invite players and set of. betiko did not set a limit on games played, just a time frame. 2 months to get 100 unique kills is plenty of time.
Lieutenant koontz1973

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions