[GP/UI] Semi-Auto Assault

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Advanced Auto-Assault Options

Postby Huegelkoenig on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am

somehow i didnt see this thread the first time i searched for similar threads, so i created my own. i'm just gonna post my suggestion here again, so my thread can be closed...
Due to merging, the posting order got a bit confusing, so i cleaned this mess up:

Suggestion: Advanced Auto-Assault

At the moment, the Auto-Assault-Button is implemented like this:
  • Attack as long as you have more than 3 troops and the enemy has more than 0 troops.
    or
  • Attack until you have less than 4 troops OR the enemy has less than 1 troops.

My suggestions would be, to add two textboxes next to the Auto-Assault-Button, where players can enter the amount of troops, for the Auto-assault to stop, manually.

How this will benefit the site:

You often find yourself in a situation like this:
Large stacks vs large stacks.

If cyan wants to attack Maghreb, cyan has two options:
1. Choose Spain or Greece and click Auto-Assault.
2. Choose Spain or Greece and click Assault manually.

The downside of these two options are simple:
Option 1.: Cyan has to advance the remaining troops to Maghreb and his second stack of 400+ troops is left behind the border.
I know, cyan can reinforce them, but maybe cyan already needs to reinforce troops somewhere else.
Option 2.: It takes time and a lot of clicking. And i know, there are games with stacks way larger than the 400...

If you would be able to choose "Auto-Assault Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than (e.g.) 5 troops", you could go on by attacking the remainaing 3 or 4 troops from Greece and have a large stack at your new border.

Another possibility would be, if cyan (in the situation above) doesnt want to conquer Maghreb, but just weaken red there.
He could choose e.g.
"Attack Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 200 troops or Spain has less than 300 troops"
and
"Attack Greece->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 10 troops or Greece has less than 300 troops".
Cyan would end up in a situation (except he gets very very bad or very very good dice) where he has ~300 at Spain and Greece and red has ~50 troops at Maghreb.

-----------------

To prevent users from making wrong inputs, you could also consider using dropdown-menus instead of textboxes

edit: i don't like the idea of having "auto-assault x25" or something like that, bc if you have stacks like 1000vs1000 you'd still have to click ~40times to get your opponents stack to <10
Last edited by Huegelkoenig on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Huegelkoenig

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Advanced Auto-Assault Options

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

+1.
I have to many times where I got screwed on Autoassault going from a large stack down into a small one. A limiter would be nice.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

This should go into the command prompt I suggested.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Change Auto-Assault

Postby Serbia on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 am

Concise description:
  • Change Auto-Assault

Specifics/Details:
  • Allow attackers to pick a targeted "leave me with no fewer than xxx armies after my attack"

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Take some of the risk out of auto assaulting

Auto assault is a very useful button, particularly when you're pressed for time. Sometimes though, the risks in using auto assault will keep a player from using it, particularly in build games where troop counts get quite high.

For example, say you've got 750 on Territory A, and your opponent has 600 on Territory B. You enjoy a numbers advantage, but are worried about losing too many. My suggestion would be a separate button, perhaps called "Auto Assault To:". Let's say you want to try your luck, but want to reassess the attack once you're down to 600 on Territory A. Or perhaps you just want to nibble your opponent down some without necessarily taking the territory, but don't want to sit and click Assault 100 times. This extra button would give you new options.

I believe this has been suggested before, or implemented to some degree, as Tripitaka is telling me she's used this in the past, but I am suggesting that we make it integral to the site. Also my apologies if there is already a thread floating around.

Bollocks.
Captain Serbia
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: Change Auto-Assault

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 am

Auto assault 50% would be beneficial
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Semi-Auto Assault

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:53 am

MERGED
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Postby rishaed on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Its on the to-do list since lack was here and it still hasn't been implemented??! Really?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby spiesr on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:48 pm

STICKIED
The base idea is solid, now we need a consensus on the functionality and interface.
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Postby Armandolas on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 am

Huegelkoenig wrote:
My suggestions would be, to add two textboxes next to the Auto-Assault-Button, where players can enter the amount of troops, for the Auto-assault to stop, manually.

i like this
Brigadier Armandolas

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Armandolas wrote:
Huegelkoenig wrote:

i like this

+1
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: [GP/UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Postby spiesr on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

SUBMITTED
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Add Another Assault Button

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't follow this forum too closely, so I will apologize in advance if something like this has already been suggested.

I'm currently playing a few City Mogul Fog Trench games. With that map, it is quite easy to develop large stacks of troops after just a few rounds.

It seems that we only have two choices for attacking: assault and auto-attack.

In trench, I have to be very careful about which regions I assault. Sometimes, I don't necessarily want to conquer an opponent's region, but I just want to tap it down.

This is no problem when I have a 50 stack trying to tap down a 20 stack. But a 300 stack trying to tap down a 200 stack is just down-right tedious. I am tired of sitting here, clicking hundreds of times to try to wind it down. I think it would be nice to add another assault button, that allowed you to attack with multiple dice at once without auto-attacking.

I think maybe a button that allowed you to attack in multiples of 6 and another that allowed you to attack in multiples of 10 would be a great option.

As far as how it will help the community- well I would like to think that people would be happy about using such a button when they had really big stacks. It's not common in most maps, but in maps like City Mogul, Hive, Feudal Epic, where large stacks are easily possible, I think this could be very useful. Just more convenient and will allow for faster turns.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Captain VioIet

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Postby jonofperu on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

+1
Huegelkoenig presented it very well and I completely agree!
Major jonofperu

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (12)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby rappel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 am

Indeed, having just had my first 3000 versus 1500 in a Trench and clicked it down to 2 for them Please go for something like Huegelkoenig's suggestion it's simple and covers all options.

For me the sensible defaults would be:
1. Start with both boxes blank and default to current behaviour.
2. Start with "your" box < 4 and it will automatically default to current behaviour yet be more explicit and help people understand what's going on.
3. Start with "your" box <4 and opponents box <3. It will be different from current behaviour but safe in both stop cases.

2. Would be my preferred.
Sergeant 1st Class rappel

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Submitted Suggestions