[GF] Saved Searches in Game Finder

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby misterman10 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:53 pm

lalaland wrote:
misterman10 wrote:yes, there is a script that lets you save searches, you need firefox though

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8801
here it is
its the saved searches script

won't work with the new AJAX, will it?

it is working for me
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Medals: 3
Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby jwrules547 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 pm

thanks...i will try downloading firefox instead of explorer
Major jwrules547

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby jwrules547 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:03 pm

i am now using firefox...how do i get it to remember that setting?
thanks
Major jwrules547

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)

Allow Save Preference on Game Finder

Postby ferdglob on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:55 pm

The idea would be to allow you to save your selections on the game finder, so you don't have to enter them in every time you want to find a game. I think many people play the same type of games, so this would save time in signing up for games.
Corporal 1st Class ferdglob

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Suggestion: Be able to have saved settings for GAME finder.

Postby Imagika on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:36 pm

I hate having to click all my choices on Game Finder and Start a Game.

It would be great if we could save a default choice on both these screens.

Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Imagika

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby cena-rules on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:39 pm

that would be a good idea
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm pretty sure there is a script already in existence that will take care of that for you.
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby insomniacdude on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:21 pm

There's a Greasemonkey script somewhere in the "add-ons and plugins" forum if you're interested. I still think it should be added to the site though, as a permanent feature.
Cadet insomniacdude

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Suggestion - Constant Preferances for the 'Game Finder'

Postby Metallic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have a few favorite settings when im looking for games, certain maps I like, certain types of settings that I like...

unfortunatly I can't save these , therefore I have to retype them each time I want to search for a game to join.

Can you please implament a sort of a template creator, so that I can save 1 or 2 templates ( 1 will also be ok) of my favorite settings in the Game Finder.

It will make my life easier...

Thankx.
Sergeant Metallic

Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Herakilla on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:46 pm

there is a greasemonkey script that does that, go to plugins and add on in the general disscussion
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby insomniacdude on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Cadet insomniacdude

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Metallic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

This game shouldn't be browser orianted, and should provide a solution for the majority of the population and not just a small fraction of it.

Thankx.
Sergeant Metallic

Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Twill on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey there Metallic,

Thanks for the suggestion, we have a huge to-do list and only one core coder so the greasemonkey route allows people to make features that not everyone needs available to those who want them much faster.

This may or may not make it in any time soon.

Have a good one
Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill
Retired Administrator

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby insomniacdude on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:24 am

Metallic wrote:Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

This game shouldn't be browser orianted, and should provide a solution for the majority of the population and not just a small fraction of it.

Thankx.

As Twill said, there's only one main coder. There is other things on the site that need more urgent attention. Your suggestion is helpful to some, but only to a few players. And the help it gives is quite insignificant at best. I'd rather Lack and co. spend time programming/fixing things for the site and community as a whole instead of for a few players who don't want to click six or seven extra buttons, especially when there is a perfectly reasonable alternative waiting for them.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 am

Metallic wrote:Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

Thankx.

If I were you I'd upgrade to FF... that way you can get the benefits of all the other extras that the community have coded...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to Submitted Suggestions