[Site/Forum] Highest Score Ever Achieved

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 am

betiko wrote:
This all reminds me of when you hear someone say "I used to be this/that" in rl. Your mental response is: Ok, so what? Are you insecure or something?

I would say that the insecure person is the one thinking that way lol.

The logic underlying your conclusion is fuzzy at best but what-evs lol.
Anyway, I dropped this subject a while back so I'm guessing your reason for trolling is boredom so I'll let it go this time. Enjoy your free pass, betiko!

EDIT: So I looked at your profile betiko and have seen that you are one of "those" people which explains your overly emotional response to my opinion. I've got to ask though, what does your being No.1 in France for a day have anything to do with anything??? I'll bet I have been No.1 in New Hampshire at some point or another or even...*swoons*... the No.1 in New England! *faints*
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby macbone on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 am

It's an accomplishment more than anything else, Funky. For instance, I like to check out the Hong Kong scoreboard, and I'm always happy when I make it particularly high up on the scoreboard. It's fun. =) It's like people who reminisce about their hole-in-one, or that day they made $20,000 at the roulette wheel, or that one time I threw out a guy at first base (first and last time I ever got anybody out (= ).
User avatar
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 5270
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9)
Training Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:
This all reminds me of when you hear someone say "I used to be this/that" in rl. Your mental response is: Ok, so what? Are you insecure or something?

I would say that the insecure person is the one thinking that way lol.

The logic underlying your conclusion is fuzzy at best but what-evs lol.
Anyway, I dropped this subject a while back so I'm guessing your reason for trolling is boredom so I'll let it go this time. Enjoy your free pass, betiko!

EDIT: So I looked at your profile betiko and have seen that you are one of "those" people which explains your overly emotional response to my opinion. I've got to ask though, what does your being No.1 in France for a day have anything to do with anything??? I'll bet I have been No.1 in New Hampshire at some point or another or even...*swoons*... the No.1 in New England! *faints*


I believe that if you are a colonel and you don t even have a silver cross map you care about points and you are afraid of adventuring yourself on new maps to keep your score up and never do the yoyo. Why bitch about people writing down their high score? Have a look around, you ll see how many people do it.
And yes, you seem to feel threatened by someone bragging about something, so let me have a different opinion regarding the insecure person of the story. Unless the person is a mythomaniac and making stuff up to impress you.

By the way, there is no such thing as a state ranking, only ranking per country so I can only tell you your story is made up! ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:24 pm

betiko wrote:I believe that if you are a colonel and you don t even have a silver cross map you care about points and you are afraid of adventuring yourself on new maps to keep your score up and never do the yoyo. Why bitch about people writing down their high score? Have a look around, you ll see how many people do it.
And yes, you seem to feel threatened by someone bragging about something, so let me have a different opinion regarding the insecure person of the story. Unless the person is a mythomaniac and making stuff up to impress you.

By the way, there is no such thing as a state ranking, only ranking per country so I can only tell you your story is made up! ;)


Hehe.
I'm not bitching, just calling them like I see them. Perhaps the reason I don't have a silver cross map is because I don't care about silver cross maps lol. You can go on defending the pasting of meaningless stats all you want but it won't make people who feel it's silly think any differently. Being no.1 on France, really lol? Seriously betiko, talk to the hand pl0z.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:I believe that if you are a colonel and you don t even have a silver cross map you care about points and you are afraid of adventuring yourself on new maps to keep your score up and never do the yoyo. Why bitch about people writing down their high score? Have a look around, you ll see how many people do it.
And yes, you seem to feel threatened by someone bragging about something, so let me have a different opinion regarding the insecure person of the story. Unless the person is a mythomaniac and making stuff up to impress you.

By the way, there is no such thing as a state ranking, only ranking per country so I can only tell you your story is made up! ;)


Hehe.
I'm not bitching, just calling them like I see them. Perhaps the reason I don't have a silver cross map is because I don't care about silver cross maps lol. You can go on defending the pasting of meaningless stats all you want but it won't make people who feel it's silly think any differently. Being no.1 on France, really lol? Seriously betiko, talk to the hand pl0z.


let's just agree that we never agree on anything funky.
For the record, you don't need to actively try for the silver crossmap, in around 1000 games you're supposed to have crossmaped at least 40 maps out of the 230+ with a minimum of curiosity. Also you have no nuclear, trench, assassin, terminator, random map bronze, so i guess you never try those ones that can be costy. Your points graph in your cc lifetime show a very safe and steady growth, you never have big ups and downs. Your current points is almost the same as your high score. For a player like you it's not very interesting to see your high score, but the vast majority of CC players have big ups and downs. I don't really see how this could bother you and how you wouldn't find interesting to find out that a caporal that joined your game was actually a brig a few month back.

And yeah, I find it fun to check my country/general scoreboard when I have good points to see where I stand and I like to pin point if if I reached number 1 at some point. I don't really see what's the harm there, it just seems like you love to judge people but don't accept to be judged in return! ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby jsnyder748 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I always thought it was wierd when people paste a picture of their highest rank or write it in their sig. It's basically like showing evidence they're washed up or something. You just end up thinking, "well that must have been a fluke" or "Hmm they must have lost their touch". I guess I'm not really anti or anything but I don't think that people who post that sort of thing realize what it looks like to others: kind of pathetic.


Washed out? Kind of pathetic?

I do this not only to remember how high I was on the scoreboard, but also to show others what I am capable of. When people see you have been a general and you play team games they make the assumption that you are a skilled team player. I am a skilled team player so this helps keep my credibility up even when I drop to major while medal hunting.

It also gives people "food for thought" when they play me and I try to help there strategy with comments. In one game I was in a heated argument about not attacking on turn one on classic escalating 8 person. It is common strategy among private escalating games and for a good reason because it is sound strategy to wait for a card spot. I was a major at the time, as was my opponent, and he didn't seem to want to listen. More people in the same game wrote in the chat saying I was correct. The other player then responded by saying that he had not realized I was at one time a general. He had been basing his objections to my strategy help on the fact that I am -2000 on classic map. It does not mean I am bad at classic (all i did was play private escalating and basically lost my entire rank on the map lol) it just gave him reason to doubt my knowledge on the map with the settings (which is laughable since they are so easy).

I think this is a good idea, but the lowest score is sort of dumb. I was around 850 one time when I started. Am I anywhere near that skill level now? no. So how would that help people know what type of player I am?
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am

jsnyder748 wrote:I think this is a good idea, but the lowest score is sort of dumb. I was around 850 one time when I started. Am I anywhere near that skill level now? no. So how would that help people know what type of player I am?


How does highest score help people know what type of player I am?

My point is that "highest score" is a statistically meaningless number. Let's say I want to know how populated cities in the United States are. I get a result of 10 000 000 for NYC. Does that help me figure out the population of Des Moines, Buffalo or even Los Angeles?

Likewise, if I want an idea of how good a player is, do I need their score after they won a Battle Royale? Does that indicate to me that I have just defeated a fierce rival? No.

This stat isn't about "helping people know what type of player I am". If it were, it wouldn't be highest score you would be reporting, it would be a mean or median, or some quantiles. This is about, and only about, making people feel better about themself. Not that that is a bad thing. But let's call a spade a spade, shall we?
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:I think this is a good idea, but the lowest score is sort of dumb. I was around 850 one time when I started. Am I anywhere near that skill level now? no. So how would that help people know what type of player I am?


How does highest score help people know what type of player I am?

My point is that "highest score" is a statistically meaningless number. Let's say I want to know how populated cities in the United States are. I get a result of 10 000 000 for NYC. Does that help me figure out the population of Des Moines, Buffalo or even Los Angeles?

Likewise, if I want an idea of how good a player is, do I need their score after they won a Battle Royale? Does that indicate to me that I have just defeated a fierce rival? No.

This stat isn't about "helping people know what type of player I am". If it were, it wouldn't be highest score you would be reporting, it would be a mean or median, or some quantiles. This is about, and only about, making people feel better about themself. Not that that is a bad thing. But let's call a spade a spade, shall we?


I call that self improvement. You've reached X score as your max and you just want to beat your high score. Or isn't there something called high score in any video game? Isn't waht we all try to do when we play a game? improve our best score?
I don't mind including median score as well though, seems like a good idea.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby jsnyder748 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:I think this is a good idea, but the lowest score is sort of dumb. I was around 850 one time when I started. Am I anywhere near that skill level now? no. So how would that help people know what type of player I am?


How does highest score help people know what type of player I am?

My point is that "highest score" is a statistically meaningless number. Let's say I want to know how populated cities in the United States are. I get a result of 10 000 000 for NYC. Does that help me figure out the population of Des Moines, Buffalo or even Los Angeles?

Likewise, if I want an idea of how good a player is, do I need their score after they won a Battle Royale? Does that indicate to me that I have just defeated a fierce rival? No.

This stat isn't about "helping people know what type of player I am". If it were, it wouldn't be highest score you would be reporting, it would be a mean or median, or some quantiles. This is about, and only about, making people feel better about themself. Not that that is a bad thing. But let's call a spade a spade, shall we?


Really? You think showing people my score for online risk makes me feel better?

You cannot compare highest score to the size of a city....that is absurd. Numbers have a different meaning for every situation. That is what we use them for. It may not work in all cases, such as your example of battle royals, but in many cases it would help. Showing the median ALONG with high score is a good idea though.

People who just play for fun no matter what (I assume this is you yoshi) and have never tried to reach a high score will not care about others high score regardless. So what does it matter to them?
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 pm

betiko wrote:
I call that self improvement. You've reached X score as your max and you just want to beat your high score. Or isn't there something called high score in any video game? Isn't waht we all try to do when we play a game? improve our best score?


This is risk, not donkey kong.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:33 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:
I call that self improvement. You've reached X score as your max and you just want to beat your high score. Or isn't there something called high score in any video game? Isn't waht we all try to do when we play a game? improve our best score?


This is risk, not donkey kong.


the point being? We happen to all have a score by playing CC. I think you should open a thread to abolish scores. It makes sad people feel good about themselves. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm

http://www.hulu.com/watch/278020

okay, okay, simma down now everyone. This isn't the place to talk about people's game choices, etc.
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:I think this is a good idea, but the lowest score is sort of dumb. I was around 850 one time when I started. Am I anywhere near that skill level now? no. So how would that help people know what type of player I am?


How does highest score help people know what type of player I am?

My point is that "highest score" is a statistically meaningless number. Let's say I want to know how populated cities in the United States are. I get a result of 10 000 000 for NYC. Does that help me figure out the population of Des Moines, Buffalo or even Los Angeles?

Likewise, if I want an idea of how good a player is, do I need their score after they won a Battle Royale? Does that indicate to me that I have just defeated a fierce rival? No.

This stat isn't about "helping people know what type of player I am". If it were, it wouldn't be highest score you would be reporting, it would be a mean or median, or some quantiles. This is about, and only about, making people feel better about themself. Not that that is a bad thing. But let's call a spade a spade, shall we?


I call that self improvement. You've reached X score as your max and you just want to beat your high score. Or isn't there something called high score in any video game? Isn't waht we all try to do when we play a game? improve our best score?
I don't mind including median score as well though, seems like a good idea.


You do have a point here that the context of gaming it makes more sense. And when you go to the arcade it does list the top 10 scores for the games. What it doesn't tell you is that it took 850 tries to get there, and that's a lot of quarters.

@jsnyder: I do care about points. I care about variety more than points admittedly, but that isn't my point (no pun intended).

My point is: why should "highest score" be the value we are trying to improve? Why not median score? or score averaged over time, or some value that is statistically relevant?

Even better would be random score. It takes one archived score from your entire lists of scores (remember that the database only updates every hour, so discrete values are possible) and presents that.

However, you must still answer the fundamental question. If it doesn't make you feel better about yourself, and you claim it lets people know what kind of player you are, in what way does it do this?

If your highest is 3500, current is 2500 or highest is 2700, current is 2500 what does this mean?How am I to interpret this information? We need to make a guide tabulating Current, High and Median scores and then assign categories.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 pm

My point is that risk is a strategy game and based considerably on luck. Games where you are shooting for a "high score" are entirely different and more or less rely on reflexes/knowledge of the specific details of the game.
Manipulating your games to cause yourself to have a high score for a period of time is not what risk is all about and yes, the scoring system has perverted the game to some extent here on CC in this respect. This suggestion will only make this worse.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby greenoaks on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:My point is that risk is a strategy game and based considerably on luck. Games where you are shooting for a "high score" are entirely different and more or less rely on reflexes/knowledge of the specific details of the game.
Manipulating your games to cause yourself to have a high score for a period of time is not what risk is all about and yes, the scoring system has perverted the game to some extent here on CC in this respect. This suggestion will only make this worse.

i couldn't agree more.

changing win % to something that factors in number of players/teams in a game would be a much better update to our profile page. having a 45% win rate if you only play 1v1 or 4 player dubs shows your ability is far different to someone who plays only 5 or 7 player games.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Submitted Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login