Conquer Club

[Site/Forum] Highest Score Ever Achieved

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Beko the Great on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:54 am

So, why wasn't this suggestion implemented yet?

Players would stop putting their High Score/ Higher Rank in the location/occupation/signature and would put more relevant information if they wished to.
Besides, like someone has already pointed out, the High Score is sometimes more meaningful than the actual ranking and says a lot about the experience of the player.

Cheers!
Major Beko the Great

Postby Fazeem on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Beko the Great wrote:So, why wasn't this suggestion implemented yet?

Players would stop putting their High Score/ Higher Rank in the location/occupation/signature and would put more relevant information if they wished to.
Besides, like someone has already pointed out, the High Score is sometimes more meaningful than the actual ranking and says a lot about the experience of the player.

Cheers!

much agreed
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby betiko on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:It would also be useful for a few other circumstances.

If I see a Private who once was a Brigadier, I will think differently than if I see a Private who only ever made Corporal. It could be that the cook just lucked out, went up a bunch by, say, playing an unusual map a lot when folks did not understand it yet. However, a cook who used to be a Brigadier might also be a farmer or otherwise attempting to "game the system". OR, conversely, it might be a good player that went down trying to learn a new map/style

that example is a bit extreme. if someone on this site is a private who once was a brig he's really put lots of efforts into point dumping!
Major betiko

Postby Bradley Bomber on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:04 pm

I think this is a great idea! :D
Cadet Bradley Bomber

Postby spiesr on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Leehar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 am

betiko wrote:

If I see a Private who once was a Brigadier, I will think differently than if I see a Private who only ever made Corporal. It could be that the cook just lucked out, went up a bunch by, say, playing an unusual map a lot when folks did not understand it yet. However, a cook who used to be a Brigadier might also be a farmer or otherwise attempting to "game the system". OR, conversely, it might be a good player that went down trying to learn a new map/style

that example is a bit extreme. if someone on this site is a private who once was a brig he's really put lots of efforts into point dumping!

I know of a few Sergeants at least who have been up to Brig etc but similar to Player57832's example, they either went medal hunting, or just expanded the games they played, rather than the exclusivity in settings that is sometimes required to reach those high scores.
However, knowing that they did reach those high scores, I would certainly display a certain amount of wariness if we faced each other on the battlefield.

Heck, even KH is a Sarge himself now after being Conqueror
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 am

Leehar wrote:
betiko wrote:

I know of a few Sergeants at least who have been up to Brig etc but similar to Player57832's example, they either went medal hunting, or just expanded the games they played, rather than the exclusivity in settings that is sometimes required to reach those high scores.
However, knowing that they did reach those high scores, I would certainly display a certain amount of wariness if we faced each other on the battlefield.

Yeah but come on, private! It s totally impossible to become a private unless you lose all your games on purpose. I know that i played lots of stupid games at some point luck based vs very low ranked very repeatedly and with terrible luck each time. Didn t manage to fall under sargent. Private is under 1000, you imagine how much points you get when you get close to that by killing a major or whatever? It s just totally impossible to fall that low for an experienced player unless you point dump. Even medal hunting or whatever.
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:50 pm

betiko wrote:
Leehar wrote:
betiko wrote:

Yeah but come on, private! It s totally impossible to become a private unless you lose all your games on purpose. I know that i played lots of stupid games at some point luck based vs very low ranked very repeatedly and with terrible luck each time. Didn t manage to fall under sargent. Private is under 1000, you imagine how much points you get when you get close to that by killing a major or whatever? It s just totally impossible to fall that low for an experienced player unless you point dump. Even medal hunting or whatever.

It was most probably an extreme example to more adequately make his point (if you'd prefer he amended it to Sergeant the principle could yet remain?), but since there are only 500 points between sarge and private, and KH dropped 4 500 points already, it's not beyond the boundaries of possibility? :)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Yup don t want to go too much off topic here but the points from 6000 to 2500 are lost super easy, mostly if you play any rank if he s on the top you lose 100 each time. When you go down to sargent, I believe you are more or less at the median rank, so even winning slightly under 50% of your games you should remain about flat. You cannot go as low as under a 1000 if you have skills, it s just impossible unless you are trying very hard to lose all your games in my opinion.

Back on topic: please implement this one!! :)
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm

I've always liked this idea...

how many times do you hear from a noob who's clueless... "yeah, like you know what you're talking about, I'm a Lt. and you're a Captain and you're only 100 points higher than me"... he could click your wall and see that you've been 1500 points higher than him before.. maybe that'll get them to stfu... or maybe not...

granted... not the best reason for the addition, but whatever
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby spiesr on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Last edited by spiesr on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added another.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Is there any reason this can not be submitted?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: [Site/Forum] Highest Score Ever Achieved

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:50 pm

SUBMITTED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:54 pm

chapcrap wrote:SUBMITTED

if CC hasn't been recording our scores, how can we have our Highest Score Ever Achieved on our profile?

is this suggestion linked to one recommending CC go back to game 1 and calculate our scores?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:07 pm

greenoaks wrote:

if CC hasn't been recording our scores, how can we have our Highest Score Ever Achieved on our profile?

is this suggestion linked to one recommending CC go back to game 1 and calculate our scores?

Maprank had the ability to check to see what your highest score is. Not sure if that can be translated here.

Either maprank stopped doing it, or my game count is too high for it to handle.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:20 pm

greenoaks wrote:

All of the scores are recorded at the end of the game now anyway. It's all in the game log. Now, it may not be possible to go back and look through all time, but either way, this should be able to be managed in some fashion.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

All of the scores are recorded at the end of the game now anyway. It's all in the game log. Now, it may not be possible to go back and look through all time, but either way, this should be able to be managed in some fashion.

i get that it can show our current highest score but this suggestion is for our alltime high. implemented today it covers maybe 2 months worth of games, yet some of us have been here years (and our best is long behind us)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:12 pm

chapcrap wrote:All of the scores are recorded at the end of the game now anyway. It's all in the game log. Now, it may not be possible to go back and look through all time, but either way, this should be able to be managed in some fashion.
Technically even looking through all of those bits might not reveal the highest score a player has had since the info was added to the log, due to terminator games a player could gain points in the middle of a game and then lose a game.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:57 am

spiesr wrote:
chapcrap wrote:All of the scores are recorded at the end of the game now anyway. It's all in the game log. Now, it may not be possible to go back and look through all time, but either way, this should be able to be managed in some fashion.
Technically even looking through all of those bits might not reveal the highest score a player has had since the info was added to the log, due to terminator games a player could gain points in the middle of a game and then lose a game.

That is true. I guess, I'm not really sure how it can be coded, because I'm not a programmer or developer. However, the fact that I am not sure how it should be programmed isn't a deterrent to this being submitted.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:36 pm

my point is why are you submitting 'Highest Score Ever' when it clearly isn't?

i don't think it is useful but if it is going to be submitted then shouldn't the submission be that our highest ever is posted on our profile, not our best since last week.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:56 pm

greenoaks wrote:my point is why are you submitting 'Highest Score Ever' when it clearly isn't?

i don't think it is useful but if it is going to be submitted then shouldn't the submission be that our highest ever is posted on our profile, not our best since last week.

Yes. I'm letting the developers determine the best way to do it. Are you sure that they can not get the highest score ever?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:my point is why are you submitting 'Highest Score Ever' when it clearly isn't?

Yes. I'm letting the developers determine the best way to do it. Are you sure that they can not get the highest score ever?

pretty certain. map rank can't either.

a few years ago the logs were lost. all Lack was able to glean from those games is who won.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Even if we can't do that, it's still a good idea to use the data since we started recording scores. After a year, it will give a pretty good indication of what people are capable of.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

Even if we can't do that, it's still a good idea to use the data since we started recording scores. After a year, it will give a pretty good indication of what people are capable of.

it is not possible to get everyone;s high score with absolute certainty. with a lot of effort we could reproduce what map rank does and go back in time and get a decent estimate. i am happy to keep this suggestion in submitted, however it is unlikely to get a high priority at this time due to the cost/benefit tradeoffs involved.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Suggestions