game names in e-mail notifications?

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

game names in e-mail notifications?

Postby Col. Wm. Colvill on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:28 pm

With apologies if this is the wrong place/forum to post this question--Is it possible to include the name of the game in the e-mail notification, rather than just the game number?

It's not a huge deal, but firewall will not let me access CC at work :cry: and, just for the sake of curiosity when I receive the turn-notification e-mails, it would be nice to know which games are waiting for me.

Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Col. Wm. Colvill

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: game names in e-mail notifications?

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Col. Wm. Colvill wrote:With apologies if this is the wrong place/forum to post this question--Is it possible to include the name of the game in the e-mail notification, rather than just the game number?

It's not a huge deal, but firewall will not let me access CC at work :cry: and, just for the sake of curiosity when I receive the turn-notification e-mails, it would be nice to know which games are waiting for me.

Thanks.

You're talking about the number of the game? Correct?
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby agentcom on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm

I interpreted it as the map name. The game number is already in the e-mail.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Col. Wm. Colvill on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Yes, I'm looking for having the map name (and possibly the tournament name, as applicable) included in the e-mail. Not a big deal, just a matter of curiosity. Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Col. Wm. Colvill

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Col. Wm. Colvill wrote:Yes, I'm looking for having the map name (and possibly the tournament name, as applicable) included in the e-mail. Not a big deal, just a matter of curiosity. Thanks.

I kind of like this. Getting 40 e-mails a day that say it's my turn in XXXXX doesn't do me much good. One problem I see is that I think the admin are considering only sending out 1 e-mail between log-ins. So you would get a single e-mail that says that it's your turn in a game and then you wouldn't get another one until after the next time you log in.

But I'm glad you brought this up because I will link this convo to that discussion. Maybe you could have an options between the new system (one e-mail) and the old system (lots of e-mails) WITH the addition of this idea.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Return to Suggestions