In-game Dice Stats

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

In-game Dice Stats

Postby BIGMEANIE on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm

in-game dice stats. pretty self-explanatory. it will show how equal the dice have been in the particular game.

it will benefit the site by allowing players to see how large a role luck has played in the game.

don't see any negative side to having these statistics available in a particular game.
Last edited by spiesr on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit title
Sergeant 1st Class BIGMEANIE

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: in-game dice stats

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Keeping Dice Stats can be a pretty heavy load on the servers (just because there is so much data for so many games), which is why the Dice History only keeps recent rolls, plus your overall, because the data amount is tremendous.

I like your idea, but I don't think it is possible unfortunately.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:35 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Keeping Dice Stats can be a pretty heavy load on the servers (just because there is so much data for so many games), which is why the Dice History only keeps recent rolls, plus your overall, because the data amount is tremendous.

I like your idea, but I don't think it is possible unfortunately.

--Andy

nice idea (but paying attention to good and bad rolls instead of just focusing on the bad ones is sufficient), but sounds like a complete lag-fest... lag is a big enough problem on this site, we don't need more of it...
Major rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby BIGMEANIE on Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 am

ah ok understood. thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class BIGMEANIE

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Jatekos on Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Another possible option could be improving the "my dice stats" menu by incorporating a reference to the latest games.

E.g. after selecting a friend/foe, there would be an option to select the stats of one of the ongoing games. To even more reduce the burden on the servers, we could start with displaying the stats of those games only that do not reach an agreed number of rounds.

I understand that this would require additional programming work and more data would need to be stored for any game that lasts longer than 25 battles.
Lieutenant Jatekos

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (4)

Plus/minus rating

Postby bretzsky on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:28 am

I would like to see a stat for plus/minus for the dice. It would be good if it could be calculated turn by turn, but would only be shown at the end of the game for foggy games.

But what I am suggesting is that a stat for each player in the game will show how many troops they have killed versus lost(only the troops lost in attack) So if you attack and take out 7 troops losing 4, you would have a plus 3 rating. And this rating could be summed up throughout the game.

I would like to see this because with the dice stats, I have had a plus 68 luck and lost troops and also rolling with a minus 74 and winning. I think it would be very interesting to see how the dice actually affect the game.

It would be an interesting stat to see against each player calculated over all games with that player, as some times it seems like one player destroys you (looking for a concrete stat to remove the paranoia), and if so it might be better to choose games that this player isn't in. Would help in clan battles or even personal games I believe.

But I think this would help in seeing the real impact of the dice, because some games are total blowouts and evaluating them, at times, a problem in play cannot be seen, but if you could see the other team was plus20 and your team plus2, that would show the dice may have affected the game more than just your gameplay.
Colonel bretzsky

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)

Re: Plus/minus rating

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm not exactly sure how this would be calculated? Is it something along the lines of a W/L ratio on dice? If so, would it be something along the lines of a greasemonkey script?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby bretzsky on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I am not computer savvy enough to figure all that out, just a suggestion. But every time you roll it circles the winning dies, so couldn't that be calculated and summed up somehow. It doesn't seem too difficult to me, but maybe more difficult to program.
Colonel bretzsky

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 am

There are definitely pros and cons here. One big drawback is that people will look at this and start blaming the dice even more than they already do, when they lose, if their result is just slightly below what's expected (and often that won't have even really affected the outcome). In either case, we couldn't display the stats until after the game was over, for obvious reasons.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby bretzsky on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 am

People are always going to blame the dice. I hate the dice and always will and blame them many times! :D I would just like something concrete, a dice stat that actually shows you something. Me being 85 luck doesn't tell me anything. I could have rolled three 6's to take a single and they roll three 1's. My next roll could be three 6's again against a 6 and two 1's. What would my luck would say? it would say, that I am super lucky and my opponent super unlucky yet I end up losing as many troops as I took. It doesn't tell me a thing.

Also some games are won and lost by the dice. I am in a Supermax quads game and we are killing these guys, has nothing to do with play, we have had good dice and they have had bad ones. What can you do, it is a game of luck. Even though I know how frustrating it is for those guys, as there is nothing they could have done differently. But at least at the end of the game they could see how lop-sided it was and realize they don't need to implement a new strategy next game.
Colonel bretzsky

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 am

I don't see any benefit of this.

If someone is using 3v2 or 3v1 dice attacks the whole game and the other person is using 2v2, 2v1, 1v1 dice attacks then it won't really show that someone is getting bad dice. It will show that someone is just making dumb attacks. Instead of something like this, I would support something more like one of these:

Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby rishaed on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:I don't see any benefit of this.

If someone is using 3v2 or 3v1 dice attacks the whole game and the other person is using 2v2, 2v1, 1v1 dice attacks then it won't really show that someone is getting bad dice. It will show that someone is just making dumb attacks. Instead of something like this, I would support something more like one of these:

fixed for you bud :)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:38 pm

not sure how it would be calluclated but it would be cool to have, I am playing this cook who literally has no idea how good his dice are. In 3v2's where I assault, I have 12 kills and 32 losses.
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby agentcom on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:16 pm

I sometimes make calculations like this while I am playing. In 1v1 games, it's fairly easy because you just add up the amount of troops that you've received, compare to your opponent and adjust for neutrals. But the stat is actually most useful at the beginning and middle stages of the game. At the end, there are too many 3v1 attacks and other stuff that goes on for that to be of much use. (How many times have you won a 4 v 10 battle or something like that after the game has already been decided?)

So, I'd rather see it track my stats in real time in addition to or in lieu of a breakdown at the end of the game.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby spiesr on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

dicestats confusing and inaccurate

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:17 am

after a game is finished, the dicestats show some overall outcome
which is misleading, and changes the reality of what happened
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
technicaly speaking, is there a way to show the dicestats by gamenumbers
or for every game played and not just the whole outcome?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

i would give more accuracy analyzing the dice after games,
at moment i cant read anything out of the dicestats, it confuses me more
in the game i realise weird behaviour of the dice
in the dicestats, i cant realise anything
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Medals: 36
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re: dicestats confusing and inaccurate

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:07 am

I agree.
It should give stats by gamenumbers. That would be a lot more usefull and interesting then the current way.

It is also confusing. What does a battle mean anyway? One single throw with 3 dices vs 2? or an attack of (example) 23 troops vs 20 until you stop attacking?
I guess it is one single throw, but then the last 25 throws don't give much detail in a 23vs20 attack.

There is lots of room for improvement here! :-)
Major P4Ssoa

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby greenoaks on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:47 am

i understand you can have 3v2, 3v1, 2v2, 2v1 but how do you attack 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 ?
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 am

Attacker has 2 troops, defender has 2 or more troops.
Attacker has 2 troops, defender has 1 troop.

It happens.
Major P4Ssoa

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby spiesr on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 am

Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Return to Suggestions