[GP/UI]Automatically Award Spoils Even if a Player Times Out

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Automatically award a spoil to a player that takes a territory:

Never. Timing out to avoid getting a spoil is a valid strategy.
22%
Always. Any player that takes a territory in any game type should be awarded a spoil, even if he doesn't click "End Turn."
54%
For all games except speed and/or freestyle. It's a key part of the timing in those games and should be preserved.
23%

Total votes : 81

***Suggestion***Should you get Card if turn expires(revised)

Postby Soloman on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:57 pm

<-------------------->

<Subject>:
If a person conquers 1 or more territories during there turn, should they still recieve a card if there time runs out. Based on the games rules a card should be granted in this situation thus leading to this suggestion.

The same system that judges whether a player has met requirements for a card should be able to award card whether they end turn or time runs out. While the system before, may have not had the hour time limit for completing a turn, with it in place it should be adjusted to give a card at the end of hour as described above.

This is needed because any number of things can happen in the middle of a players turn(i.e. outage of power or connection, computer crashes or locks up, guest surprises you at home/work/school, or an emergency occurs that require immediate attention) that will cause for them to not be able to finish once they started. while they cannot get the turn back as long as they met the requirements for conquering territories they should still recieve there card.

Priority** (5):

<-------------------->
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby vakEirn79 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:21 pm

risk master2000 wrote:everyone who keeps calling it a punishment I think is silly

I'd have to disagree, considering that's what it is - punishment. Do you mean that it's silly to support keeping the punishment, instead of it's silly to call it a punishment?

Soloman wrote:I apologize for the biased wording on the poll I will revise and create a new link so as to gain a majority for you, just 1 question though how large of a majority is needed to have a impact upon the process???

The new poll isn't really less biased. The first option has better grammar, and capitalization (especially on the "Yes"), which make it more noticeable and understandable. Other than the "no", which is conveniently not capitalized, I can barely understand the second option. Also, you still use the word "earned", implying that not giving a card is somehow depriving the player of something that is rightfully theirs (which is your point, yes, but it's still biased).

If you really wanted to make an unbiased poll, try the options "Yes" and "No".

For the record, I'm not trying to shoot down your suggestion. I voted Yes both times, because I agree that in most cases, people probably time out on a turn due to real-life issues and not because it's a strategic maneuver. However, arguments and polls should make sense. The mods will probably be more accepting of them if they are.
Corporal vakEirn79

Postby risk master2000 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 pm

still even lack attack said that it was in effect before there was an hour time limit on turns, with there being an hour timelimit now that should cover for making sure turns are ended in a timely matter. I have taken turn on world 2.1 that take like 40 minute(mostly because I do not like auto attack) and then my computer locks up while I am fortifying and I lose my card.

Hopefully when they do the update to set time limits they could also update/alter to give people the card they earned.
AFRO
Lieutenant risk master2000

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby onlymeme on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:21 pm

i also belive the player should get the card. At least a couple of times i ended my turn, but 4 some reason the site didn't acknowledge it. when i finally noticed i didn't have as many cards as i should, i read the log and there it was: time had run out on me and didn't get the card.
Lieutenant onlymeme

Postby john1099 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:23 pm

i didnt read the entire 2 pages of posts, so if this has been stated, then im sorry.
but in a Freestyle game, if you waste your time down to 0, you get to take your turn right away, therefore, not only would you get a card, but get to go again!
Therefore, It would take advantage of something that is meant to be good, and turns it into a disadvantage for the othersplaying.
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby swingnhair on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:56 pm

Online CC is way different than playing the game at home. Many strategies/tactics that are great online do not work at home. It is a tactic none the less, just a cheap one with great benefits in a escalating game.
Sergeant 1st Class swingnhair

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Soloman on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 pm

I fully agree that you should get the card and as I stated on my post with the poll the point will become moot and actually more important once adjustable turn timers is implemented so please vote yes on the poll
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:55 pm

Hm, do you think people would even remember, or care, to hit 'End Fort' when they finish though? It seems like more people would just let it slip, and not hit it because they know they will get a card, thus impeding the game momentum. Even though it would be less than an hour, still something to consider...

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 pm

What is the advantage except in freestyle in letting your time run out?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby Soloman on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Evil Semp wrote:What is the advantage except in freestyle in letting your time run out?

all of the concern as far as the strategy I believe one of the things on the 2 do list is stopping the ability to do back to back freestyle turns. I mean if this is done in conjunction with the other urgent to do items that also in volve the time and car system it would be an easy change that would truthfully make every one happy...

Those with perfect computer that never crash, internet connection that do not frequently go down, and little other distractions in life will be able to be sure people are not wasting time on the realtime freestyle games and those of us that have less then perfect constantly crashing computers, internet providers that have more excuses then conectivity and a lot of day to day drama can all be happy and get cards and described in game type
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Iliad on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Evil Semp wrote:I agree with getting a card. A couple of times the site went down during my turn and I didn't get a card.

How can it be used as a tatic?

Umm... escalating?
Private 1st Class Iliad

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:21 pm

Iliad wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:I agree with getting a card. A couple of times the site went down during my turn and I didn't get a card.

Umm... escalating?

The question wasn't about not getting a card but letting your time run out. I have taken turns to place and not attack to miss getting a card, but to let the time run out on your turn doesn't make much sense to me. And usually in escalating you might skip a card in the early rounds.

I have lost several cards when the site was having problems. One time was in a doubles freestyle and it probably cost us the game.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby AAFitz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Iliad wrote:

Umm... escalating?

The question wasn't about not getting a card but letting your time run out. I have taken turns to place and not attack to miss getting a card, but to let the time run out on your turn doesn't make much sense to me. And usually in escalating you might skip a card in the early rounds.

I have lost several cards when the site was having problems. One time was in a doubles freestyle and it probably cost us the game.

always blaming the site for your mistakes....

but he's right...if you dont end your turn, no card...especially right now, with freestyle the way it is...

if thats fixed, there will just be another way to exploit it. Making you finish your turn, allows the other player to go. If your computer crashes that much, and cant be restarted inside of an hour, play no cards games...but redesigning the site to account for such things doesnt make sence. If you hold up the game, for whatever reason, you dont get your card...

if the site is working funny, and the game is really important to you...play it later....if your 24 hours is almost up...play, and cross your fingers....
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Soloman on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:28 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
Iliad wrote:

Umm... escalating?

always blaming the site for your mistakes....

but he's right...if you dont end your turn, no card...especially right now, with freestyle the way it is...

if thats fixed, there will just be another way to exploit it. Making you finish your turn, allows the other player to go. If your computer crashes that much, and cant be restarted inside of an hour, play no cards games...but redesigning the site to account for such things doesnt make sence. If you hold up the game, for whatever reason, you dont get your card...

if the site is working funny, and the game is really important to you...play it later....if your 24 hours is almost up...play, and cross your fingers....

I think you are missing the point and you must fall into the 1st half of people I mentioned there are adjustments that are supposed to be going into effect to change time limits with that being done the card rule should be adjusted,

say we get the ability to play 15 minutes a turn with the adjustable time or even a half hour any number of things could happen, as they do now and servers are a funny thing 1 person may be able to access the site fine constantly while other people may get page cannot be displayed at random or more

the escalating point is a perfect example of why we should get a card, to stop people from stalling so they do not get a card and do not have to cash in, it will eliminate that cheap delaying tactic because it will no longer be an option they will have to not attack if they do not want a card.
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:58 pm

If this is implemented it should be in conjunction of the other things like no back to back turns even if time runs out and adjustable time limits in that scenerio every one but the people who use it for any of the previously mentioned delaying tactics that annoy all will be happy
Sergeant Soloman

Postby maniacmath17 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:24 am

yeti_c wrote:In the board game...

If you forget to take your card then you lose it... I assume that this is the CC derivative of this rule...

C.

the CC derivative would actually be :

CC = C^2
derivate of C^2 = 2C.

(with respect to C of course)
Major maniacmath17

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby lackattack on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:27 am

You really live up to your name :o
Private lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Soloman on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm

upping
Sergeant Soloman

Postby trackersdream on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:24 pm

still a issue that i beleive needs attention
Sergeant 1st Class trackersdream

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby Soloman on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:20 am

this is still a valid subject
Sergeant Soloman

Postby mach on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:47 pm

pancakemix wrote:Sometimes that can be used strategically, though. Ex: I have 1 card, green has 3, and I'm about to lose. I can choose to do as much damage as possible, but not end my turn, he only gets 4 cards, and can't trade.

Why do you care who wins if its not you?
Captain mach

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Soloman on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:32 pm

mach wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Sometimes that can be used strategically, though. Ex: I have 1 card, green has 3, and I'm about to lose. I can choose to do as much damage as possible, but not end my turn, he only gets 4 cards, and can't trade.

Why do you care who wins if its not you?

Unfortunately some people are really petty
Sergeant Soloman

Postby SkyCaptain on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am

I agree with maniacmath.
Captain SkyCaptain

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Soloman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 am

So far enough to get it passed in congress agrees 75% lets see where the chips fall keep up the voting
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am

bump
Sergeant Soloman

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions