Conquer Club

Colour escalating spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Would you like this suggestion to be implemented?

Yes
1
25%
No
3
75%
Neutral
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 4

Colour escalating spoils

Postby Eddygp on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 am

Concise description:
  • Make a new game option where the spoils are escalating (4,6,8,10...) each change but by colours too.

Specifics/Details:
  • Red, green, blue and one of each groups of spoils start as 4 each one. When player X cashes in 3 reds, red will be worth 6 troops, but the rest will continue being worth 4 troops. Therefore, it is like independently taken escalating spoils.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This spoil setting is very useful to use in long games instead of escalating spoils. Firstly, escalating spoils in an 80+ round game get a bit too over the top and they are too influential for gameplay. Flat rate, however, makes gameplay too slow, so this in-between spoil system would be perfect to balance a game up to more than 200 rounds without the importance of spoils in escalating once it is worth more than 70 troops.

Please vote in the poll to have a general idea about the suggestion.
This image is a sofilorry.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Eddygp
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Yes.
Medals: 7
Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 am

I like it.

However I disagree that Escalating Spoils get over the top.
Still not convinced integers exist, after all these years.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class DoomYoshi
 
Posts: 6896
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: This place is inhabited by ghosts, most of whom seem very friendly.
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (16)
Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby skychaser on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm against it. It would kill my strategy of exchanging at the right time thus killing momentum at escalating games.

Exactly what happens at WAR, a game based on Risk and this setting and another peculiarities made the game suck.
User avatar
Colonel skychaser
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby Eddygp on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

skychaser wrote:I'm against it. It would kill my strategy of exchanging at the right time thus killing momentum at escalating games.

Exactly what happens at WAR, a game based on Risk and this setting and another peculiarities made the game suck.


It would be another different spoil setting, it wouldn't delete the possibility to play with flat rate, escalating, nuclear or no spoils.
This image is a sofilorry.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Eddygp
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Yes.
Medals: 7
Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby chapcrap on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Eddygp wrote:
skychaser wrote:I'm against it. It would kill my strategy of exchanging at the right time thus killing momentum at escalating games.

Exactly what happens at WAR, a game based on Risk and this setting and another peculiarities made the game suck.


It would be another different spoil setting, it wouldn't delete the possibility to play with flat rate, escalating, nuclear or no spoils.

I used to accept that argument, but lately I do not. I don't think unlimited options is a good.

For this particular suggestion, I'm not sure that it's different enough from escalating spoils to really warrant a new type of spoils.
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9519
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 175
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (8)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby Eddygp on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 am

I suppose so... However, I find escalating games too fast, too dependent on luck (three matching spoils) and timing (if freestyle). This mode would let strategy be more important but with interesting spoils too.
This image is a sofilorry.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Eddygp
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Yes.
Medals: 7
Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Colour escalating spoils

Postby greenoaks on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 am

chapcrap wrote:
Eddygp wrote:
skychaser wrote:I'm against it. It would kill my strategy of exchanging at the right time thus killing momentum at escalating games.

Exactly what happens at WAR, a game based on Risk and this setting and another peculiarities made the game suck.


It would be another different spoil setting, it wouldn't delete the possibility to play with flat rate, escalating, nuclear or no spoils.

I used to accept that argument, but lately I do not. I don't think unlimited options is a good.

For this particular suggestion, I'm not sure that it's different enough from escalating spoils to really warrant a new type of spoils.

i too use to come here supporting and encouraging anything different but times have changed. i've wised up.

only the best options should be implemented and this is not one of them. it only serves to fragment the playing population and does not change gameplay much from what we already have.
User avatar
Sergeant greenoaks
 
Posts: 9989
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users