This is a list of ideas on how to enhance popularity of CC on the internet by making some changes to it's marketing. Most of these ideas can easily be implemented, especialy when using crowd sourcing as is done with so many developments here.
- advertising: allow businesses to show advertising on the website(like a banner), which renders revenue which can then be used for web advertising
- Search engine optimization: re-write the front page text so certain key-words like "risk", "strategy game" or "play online" are mentioned more often. You can also mention some key-words in titles or mention them in the url. That should also prop up the Google Ranking of the website concerning those specific words.
- mulilingual: make sure the homepage and website instructions, rules, etc. can also be found in different languages. This should enhance the probability of non native english speakers to find the website. According to alexa.com, most of the website traffic is from an english-speaking country(http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/conquerclub.com#)
- other websites: there are websites with lists of online games. make sure CC gets mentioned on the list. With some of 'm you can even get on top of the list by voting system. The more the CC url is mentioned on other websites the higher CC's Google ranking
- Design: re-design the homepage to make it more attractive
- youtube: create a good youtube video for the website(using the right words in the title and description so it can be found in search engine too)
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
According to a topic in the general discussions thread, the popularity of CC is diminishing and something should be done to reverse this trend.