Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Italics

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Do you agree with this suggestion (PLEASE READ!)?

Yes
65%
No
22%
Neutral
13%

Total votes : 23

Re: Way to know if your teammate has the terr. of your spoil

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 am

The Voice wrote:I don't understand. How hard is it to click the spoiler for teammate's spoils and identify whether or not the card(s) your teammate has are friendlies, opposing, or neutrals? If you don't want to do it, ask your partner. Any teammate worth his/her salt will let you know.

Sometimes, I think, if it were possible, people would opt for a hand-holding feature, where someone visits your house and holds your hand while you take your turns.

It can be very tough on big fantasy maps or maps in which players are unfamiliar with the names.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
The Voice wrote:I don't understand. How hard is it to click the spoiler for teammate's spoils and identify whether or not the card(s) your teammate has are friendlies, opposing, or neutrals? If you don't want to do it, ask your partner. Any teammate worth his/her salt will let you know.

Sometimes, I think, if it were possible, people would opt for a hand-holding feature, where someone visits your house and holds your hand while you take your turns.

It can be very tough on big fantasy maps or maps in which players are unfamiliar with the names.

Tough how? Confusing or time consuming? I'm one to believe it's a matter of effort, which makes this suggestion radically more frivolous than so many other great ones that have been proposed. I suppose if suggestions were implemented at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't dispute this one.
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 21, 2013 1:45 pm

The Voice wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Tough how? Confusing or time consuming? I'm one to believe it's a matter of effort, which makes this suggestion radically more frivolous than so many other great ones that have been proposed. I suppose if suggestions were implemented at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't dispute this one.

As suggestions go, this is one of the most trivial to implement and won't really stop us from implementing others. We just need a consensus on the best way to show it.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
The Voice wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

As suggestions go, this is one of the most trivial to implement and won't really stop us from implementing others. We just need a consensus on the best way to show it.

Fair enough, then I like Doom's suggestion of a bracket, though instead of asterisks, I kind of like [these guys]
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Eddygp on Wed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm

To avoid confusion, I don't mean to replace the [show teammate spoils], that'd be ridiculous. I mean that my own spoils, or his own spoils, might nuke HIS or MY territory RESPECTIVELY, and there is no way to know that unless you look through the map to check for names.
Nothing will come of nothing.
The next image is a sofilorry, or an absolutely indifferent sofilorry who ensofilorriates and rabbits eat elephants.
Private Eddygp

Medals: 4
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby yunto10 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

I had a thought as well where rather than having individual spoils, teams have a pool of spoils that each player team puts into that evey player can take out of. That way if 1 player has 2 greens and 1 red and another 2 reds and 1 green, they can share from the pool and have 2 sets of spoils, adds to the teamwork as you'd have to agree on who takes the spoils....
Sergeant 1st Class yunto10

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:05 pm

It makes sense, like our own spoils are Bold, teammates spoils should be "noticeable".
The questions is , can you do that only on nukes games?, it would not make sense on any other kind of spoils
Brigadier Armandolas

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby rishaed on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 pm

He is being misunderstood.
Lets say I have Woods Camp1 Tunnel 3 and Throne as my spoils on Siege. My teammate owns the Throne, so currently it shows up as neither bold/bracketed in your spoils inventory. He wants maybe the spoil Italicized so Woods Camp 1 Tunnel 3 and Throne to show that your teammate owns the spoil without having to double check before cashing. Theoretically it only becomes extremely important in Nuclear Spoils but can be implemented on all modes to reduce the coding hassle.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby greenoaks on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I suppose we could italicize any territories owned by a teammate.

that is what i was thinking
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Bold

Postby usidyr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I sorely miss this feature. I suggest { bold-italics } in curly braces to indicate spoils owned by teammates.
Lieutenant usidyr

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Bold

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:01 am

Why is this in Implemented? I just looked back through some games, and I don't see my teammates cards being differentiated from cards corresponding to other territs that I don't own.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 pm

MERGED: way to know if teammate has the terr. of your spoil

SUBMITTED, Moved From Implemented
Cook JamesKer1

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby bigWham on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 am

JamesKer1 wrote:MERGED: way to know if teammate has the terr. of your spoil

SUBMITTED, Moved From Implemented

could someone make a clear concise description of what this suggestion is? the subject and OP conflict, and the mod edit statement is not clear. i do not have have time to read through it all and work it out. screenshots also would be great.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Italics

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 am

Replying via PM.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Show Teammate Territory Cards Owned in Italics

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions