Conquer Club

[UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Semi-automatic attack mode

Postby PapaGeek on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:37 pm

I agree with you totally Swifte, I’d love to make it “as flexible as possible”, but my biggest problem with the way it is now is that when you get into escalating games that last a lot of rounds, the amount of troops you get for each cache becomes too large to manage in a single move.

I’d love to see a huge level of flexibility, but a simple way of getting huge stacks to a manageable level where you can then “tweak” the results with single attacks within the 1 hour time limit would at least eliminate the fact that right now many of the things you want to accomplish are literally “impossible” to do under the current attack rules.

My post mentioned 100,000 troops, but what if it was only 4,000 or 5,000. You still only have 3,600 seconds in the one hour time limit for completing your turn.

You can plan out your move when you are getting a few thousand troop in that round and if all you want to do is place them and take a single square, fine. But if you want to place them and do a strategic strike against your opponent, the current attack limitations can literally make it “IMPOSSIBLE” for you to attack the way you want! Being “impossible” becomes a huge disadvantage to the game we all love to play!
Major PapaGeek

Postby Papa Martino on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:44 pm

well if it's not too much trouble integrating such a botton but in a flexible way - go ahead, please. in our game mentioned above it would dramatically increase strategic options
Lieutenant Papa Martino

Postby Swifte on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:19 pm

PapaGeek wrote:I agree with you totally Swifte, I’d love to make it “as flexible as possible”, but my biggest problem with the way it is now is that when you get into escalating games that last a lot of rounds, the amount of troops you get for each cache becomes too large to manage in a single move.

I’d love to see a huge level of flexibility, but a simple way of getting huge stacks to a manageable level where you can then “tweak” the results with single attacks within the 1 hour time limit would at least eliminate the fact that right now many of the things you want to accomplish are literally “impossible” to do under the current attack rules.

My post mentioned 100,000 troops, but what if it was only 4,000 or 5,000. You still only have 3,600 seconds in the one hour time limit for completing your turn.

You can plan out your move when you are getting a few thousand troop in that round and if all you want to do is place them and take a single square, fine. But if you want to place them and do a strategic strike against your opponent, the current attack limitations can literally make it “IMPOSSIBLE” for you to attack the way you want! Being “impossible” becomes a huge disadvantage to the game we all love to play!

Hi Papa,

I wholeheartedly agree we need a solution to your problem. I do not know if my proposed flexibility is significantly more difficult to program than what you're requesting or not, so I just put it out there for further consideration.
I agree, if one solution solves your problem and is much faster to implement, go the easy way for now... I was just dovetailing on your idea and hoping that if it's not too much more difficult we could add an element that is more broadly applicable.
I've found that if you don't at least suggest what you ultimately want, sometimes you get that first step implemented and then it takes a loooong time to get what you ultimately wanted (not necessarily a dig at CC, just a general observation) so I wanted to put a bigger vision out there - maybe it's achievable just as easily! :)
Colonel Swifte

Postby PapaGeek on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Swifte,

Can you give us some examples of the type of flexibility you are looking for?
Major PapaGeek

Re: [GP/UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Postby PapaGeek on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Sorry for the duplicate suggestion that I just posted.

My reasoning was a bit different. When you get into long winded trench escalating games, the value of each cache can grow to rather large amounts, and there are situations that occur that are literally “impossible” to resolve under the current attack options.

For example: Your opponent has 6,000 troops facing you. You do a cache for 7,000 and you do not want to actually take his position but merely reduce his stack to 1 or 2 troops. You can’t auto attack or you will capture his region and you can’t keep single attacking it because it will probably take close to 6,000 attacks to accomplish what you want to do and you only have 3,600 seconds, 1 hour, to complete your move. In other words what you want to accomplish is impossible.

I was looking for a way to basically do what you suggested, but I would be satisfied with an attack mode that would auto-attack until either you or your opponent was reduced to 100 troops (or any other small number the group thinks is best), a single “semi-automatic” attack button with no fields. The idea is that even when the attack is thousand vs thousands a single attack brings the stack size down to a manageable level. You can easily hit the single attack button up to 100 times in one hour to “tweak” the semi-auto attack results to the level you want.

Again, I’m trying to eliminate impossible situations.
Major PapaGeek

Postby PapaGeek on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Just realized this is a duplicate thread, see [GP/UI] Semi-Auto Assault

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=195316
Major PapaGeek

Postby Swifte on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:52 pm

PapaGeek wrote:Swifte,

Can you give us some examples of the type of flexibility you are looking for?

Like i said. Instead of a "do 1000 rolls" button or a "Do either 1,000, 100, or 10 rolls" dropdown, give me a box where I can type something in. then i can pick anything between 1 and 1 zillion rolls that actually fits my situation.

or, maybe instead of X rolls, maybe it's "Roll untill i kill X troops." or "Roll untill i lose X troops or i win" or a combination of the two of those things.
Colonel Swifte

Postby PapaGeek on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:38 am

Thanks Swifte,

I found an interesting suggestion in the other thread. Some over there wanted full control over the automatic process with a pair of dropdowns, others wanted to keep it simple. The suggestion I found interesting was to add a single button to do a 50% attack.

As I read that I considered it to mean to stop the attack when either the attacker or defender was cut back to half of what they started with. At first I was wondering how that would help, then I did the math. You can cut a stack of 100,000 troops down to under 100 in ten clicks of the 50% button!

100,000 > 50,000 > 25,000 > 12,500 > 6,250 > 3,125 > 1,562 > 781 > 390 > 195 > 97

I think this would be an easy solution to the huge stack situation. All they have to do is add a 3rd attack button. How do you feel about that?
Major PapaGeek

Postby PapaGeek on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:45 am

This thread started back in 2006 and nothing has been done yet. In reading the last few posts, BGtheBrain came up with an interesting suggestion on Aug 31, 2013, a simple button to perform an auto assault until either player has been cut down by 50%. My original (duplicated) suggestion was because I was in an escalating, trench, no reinforcement game where the caches have grown to over 100,000 per cache. His idea would work just fine even in that situation. The 50% rundown from 100,000 would be:

100,000 > 50,000 > 25,000 > 12,500 > 6,250 > 3,125 > 1,562 > 781 > 390 > 195 > 97

In just 10 clicks of the “Auto 50%” button the 100,000 stack has been reduce to under 100 and you can easily “tweak” that result with the single assault button or continue the 50% a few more times first.

His suggestion is simple, probably easy to implement, and it does eliminate the “impossible” situations that can occur with the current assault options on huge stacks.
Major PapaGeek

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 am

PapaGeek wrote:This thread started back in 2006 and nothing has been done yet. In reading the last few posts, BGtheBrain came up with an interesting suggestion on Aug 31, 2013, a simple button to perform an auto assault until either player has been cut down by 50%. My original (duplicated) suggestion was because I was in an escalating, trench, no reinforcement game where the caches have grown to over 100,000 per cache. His idea would work just fine even in that situation. The 50% rundown from 100,000 would be:

In just 10 clicks of the “Auto 50%” button the 100,000 stack has been reduce to under 100 and you can easily “tweak” that result with the single assault button or continue the 50% a few more times first.

His suggestion is simple, probably easy to implement, and it does eliminate the “impossible” situations that can occur with the current assault options on huge stacks.

I agree.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm merging this over to the other thread since the conversation is being split between the two.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am

PapaGeek wrote:This thread started back in 2006 and nothing has been done yet.

funny... i saw this pop up in the forum and thought, "wasn't that suggested when i first joined?" and yep, sure enough... yeah, it is a really great idea, and i have no idea why it hasn't been implemented... i mean, something as simple as attacking until you get to 2 or 3 or 4 guys left, would be helpful... i just kind of never use auto-attack and this would actually be horrendous for my game!!! ha!! anyway, see how it could be used in a positive away... shocked this is still being debated...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby PapaGeek on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:46 pm

One of the problems is the link in the Master Suggestion Index. The Semi-Auto Assault link takes you to a 2007 suggestion that references a situation where two stacks of 488 and 460 are up against a single stack of 440. If you auto-assault with either stack you capture the region and can only advance a few troops. The idea of using the boxes to define how far the assault goes is you can knock the region down to just a few, then auto-attack with your big stack and make a larger advance to the captured region.

One of the reasons this has not been done is that what is suggested can be done manually by hitting the single assault button multiple times, so this is just a “make it better” suggestion that requires a lot of changes to create the multiple boxes and fields to get it done.

A lot of changes have been made to CC since 2007, especially Trench Warfare which results in escalating games going much further, which makes the size of the escalating bonus grow. You only have 3,600 seconds to make all of your attacks in the 1 hour time limit. When you are working with thousands of troops on a single region you literally do not have the time to do single attacks.

The problem now is not “make it better”; now it is “make it possible”.

Read my post from Dec 6 2014 where I support the 2013 suggestion of BGtheBrain. His solution is far easier to implement and makes everything possible with just a few click.

Hey admins! Please cross this suggestion off your “it would be nice” list and put it on your “the site doesn’t work right” list.
Major PapaGeek

Loose x number of troops option

Postby TheGreys on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Concise description:

Specifics/Details:
    • option to loose x number of troops in addition to or replacment of the auto assualt command .

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
    • would be nice in a game with very high number of troops* large attacks without completely selling out.* I was in a trench game with 2 others left in the final round. Me and the leader had close to 400000 troops I was well behind , and the third player had 170000 troops. Me and the leaders only stack were adjacent . If I auto assualt I suicide and the third player wins. I pressed assualt as fast as I could for 20 minutes or so , and did not make a dent in either stack before I conceded defeat and ended turn. Would of love an option to loose the amount of troops to make sure I did not go below the third player and let the dice decided the winner . Probably to far behind in this game but I would have liked a chance
We come in peace! https://plus.google.com/communities/118007516813631836793
Lieutenant TheGreys

Re: Loose x number of troops option

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 am

you can do that with some add on, i dont remember if its original clickies or bob
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 am

Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Add to Semi-Auto Assault

so there's not an add-on that does that? Maybe I got confused with a previous similar suggestion then.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Bombarding to a point

Postby concrete on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:46 am

Concise description:
  • Have the option of bombarding an opponents stack down but not wipe them out

Specifics/Details:
  • When you bombard a large amount of troops, you have 2 options, bombard 1 at a time or auto your stack against theirs, this option would allow a player with a stack to bombard the opponents stack down to a number chosen by the attacker. The number could be 1 or 2 or any number. It really sucks if you are facing a stack of 500 or more and you only want to take it down to 1 or 2 and not kill them all.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It is an option that a lot of players would find useful if it was in place.
Colonel concrete

Re: Bombarding to a point

Postby RKCVED on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Excellent idea
Major RKCVED

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 am

I think this has already been suggested, under more generic attacking rules.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 am

it would be usefull when it comes to the games where people jsut sit and stack and build forever id deff like this
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 am

Not sure to see time spend on coding this since you can do it yourself by pressing the attck several time and until you reach the desired troop number, yeah it's time consuming, especially when you face huge stack above 100 troops, I see your point but what would you like to see?
Are you thinking about putting a threshold when you use "Auto-Attack"? Meaning having the same feature for the troops reinforcement drop down menu so you can select the remaining troop wished to achieve?

Note: I'm not against, I just not seeing it valuable as a top priority for the suggestion team since I believe there is other suggestion awaiting to be implemented that are to me more important (Are they still around? :lol: )

Good luck with it, and yeah why not adding another option into the gameplay... 8-)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby concrete on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:25 am

Mad777 wrote:Not sure to see time spend on coding this since you can do it yourself by pressing the attck several time and until you reach the desired troop number, yeah it's time consuming, especially when you face huge stack above 100 troops, I see your point but what would you like to see?
Are you thinking about putting a threshold when you use "Auto-Attack"? Meaning having the same feature for the troops reinforcement drop down menu so you can select the remaining troop wished to achieve?

Exactly The coding has to be close

Note: I'm not against, I just not seeing it valuable as a top priority for the suggestion team since I believe there is other suggestion awaiting to be implemented that are to me more important (Are they still around? :lol: )

Good luck with it, and yeah why not adding another option into the gameplay... 8-)
[/color]

Not earth shattering I admit, but really useful in long games
Colonel concrete

Postby mrswdk on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 am

We can do this after making private game chat private.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

yeah, this has def. been suggested already.
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions