Conquer Club

[PC] National Flag

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Clocks

Postby JethroC on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Yes thats true but still it would be nice to know what time people are playing my times can be from 04:30 am until 01:00! depending on the day. The longest time away is that horrible thing called work!
Corporal 1st Class JethroC

Add Country to Details on Game Finder Screen?

Postby Steve Ayers on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:14 am

Is it possible to add the country to the details we see when we are searching through the game finder?

This would be helpful for keeping games moving, especially Freestyle games, where the country tag would give a good indication of the time zone people are playing in. Freestyle games (especially Escalating) can be won or lost depending such things.

Sorry if this is an old idea, there are a lot of posts to search!
Corporal Steve Ayers

Re: Add Country to Details on Game Finder Screen?

Postby psychobkrazy on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:11 am

Steve Ayers wrote:Is it possible to add the country to the details we see when we are searching through the game finder?

This would be helpful for keeping games moving, especially Freestyle games, where the country tag would give a good indication of the time zone people are playing in. Freestyle games (especially Escalating) can be won or lost depending such things.

Sorry if this is an old idea, there are a lot of posts to search!

or even be able to search by time zone might me cool.
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Game Finder by Continent or Time Zone

Postby tundrapie on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:34 am

It would be helpful to be able to search for games by the area in which from which the players are playing, i.e., by the time zone or the continent. There have been similiar suggestions made in the past using time zones. I think it might be easier based on continents - less choices but it would get the job done. In my case I tend to be up late in north america so I might well find that I can have quicker games with players in asia. Or if we were to use time zones to be able to specify a range of zones instead of one in particular. Thx
Sergeant tundrapie

Re: *** Suggestion *** Country flags next to players names

Postby OnYourShore on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Having everyone's flag next/above/below their name would be a great idea! I enjoy seeing where everyone's from. And it would eliminate all those extra clicks to check. Or..... how about just holding your pointer over a person's name and maybe another window comes up with select info on that player. Doable?
Sergeant 1st Class OnYourShore

Re: *** Suggestion *** Country flags next to players names

Postby sully800 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm

ogr8cdd wrote:Firstly Sorry if this has been suggested before I looked and couldn't find it.

Is it possible to put the players country flag next to their name in the Game listing? This will be very useful when you want to have a faster game with people in your own WORLD Time zone.

Often when I have joined a game I find someone from USA in the game, and nothing against Americans, but what tends to happen is they are playing when I am sleeping and I am playing when they are sleeping, so games take a long time.

If you could, at a glance, see the country of the people in the game, you could play with people who would be playing at the same time as you.

This is not an urgency, but I would find it useful. Would anyone else?

Maybe this would be helpful on the join a game screen (so you wouldn't have to join a game with people from different sections of the world if you didn't want to). Once you are in the game, this info is rather useless because you are already playing with the people that you are suggesting you want to avoid.
Major sully800

[PC] National Flag

Postby Dorieus on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 am

Make the national flag a permanent fixture of the Player name so that it is visible in my games, game finder, the forums, etc.

Such an addition would be an improvement in a number of ways.

1.With one quick look a player will be able to choose opponents based on time difference, language or even national
rivalry.

2. National and international games (United States v. Canada, Europe vs. South America) can be organized and would
be fun to play.

3. CC is a healthy and prosperous international community with an impressive number of participating countries.
By having our national flag visible, we celebrate this fact.

4. Military uniforms have them.

5. They look great and would be a refreshing, colourful addition.
Private Dorieus

Re: National Flag

Postby Dorieus on Mon May 14, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm currently in an 8 player game and we all happen to be from different countries. Needless to say, I think it's great.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11072984

Why not replace the superfluous rating star with a colouful, little flag that actually says something about the player.

The Olympics are coming! Let's get our colors out.
Private Dorieus

Postby squishyg on Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 pm

I love, love, love this idea! I would much rather know where my opponent lives than know that some people gave her 3 stars for taking her time in a speed game.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby vodean on Wed May 16, 2012 3:43 pm

great idea... this is much better. i was thinking something like this, but this is so... elegant. and simple... and nice... and :ugeek:
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby agentcom on Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Dorieus wrote:
Why not replace the superfluous rating star with a colouful, little flag that actually says something about the player.

The Olympics are coming! Let's get our colors out.

It is superfluous to you because you know why there is a 4.5 next to someone's name (or in this case, their flag). New users wouldn't know this. But then again, if they want more information, they could simply click on the 4.5 and would probably figure it out when they arrive at a ratings page.

I don't really care one way or another. Probably leaning toward the side that I'd rather see the flag than the star. But just wanted to point out the above for consideration.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Dorieus on Fri May 18, 2012 5:28 am

I'm suggesting the inclusion of our flag, not the replacement of the star; that was just an afterthought.

I still maintain that the star is superfluous as 'star' does not necessarily symbolize 'ratings', and it's more likely that it confuses new users because the rating percentage is right beside it and is also clickable. Why is there more than one way to access the ratings page from a player name?

Another benefit of having national flags is that you could spot a potentially suspect player line-up (i.e., all your opponents are from the same tiny country) before you join a game and without having to go to each player's page.
Private Dorieus

Add country where I am from to the profile

Postby Ddeath on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi there,
I would like to suggest adding my home country to the profile page and then next to the player name (for example like small image of flag) in list of the game.

The idea behind this is that sometimes players are waiting too long just because players are in "opposite" time zones...

First of all I want to say that I do not know statistics how many players are from america and how many from EU and if this will have any positive impact. But if I would see that all of player are from EU I would rather join such a game just because we are in similar time zone.

:) that`s it :)
Private Ddeath

Re: Add country where I am from to the profile

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Ddeath, check your profile -- your country is already displayed there :-)

As for games, this has already been suggested, so I'll merge this soon.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Ddeath on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:25 pm

:D cool thanks
Private Ddeath

Postby macbone on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 am

Ddeath, you can also see how many active users are from which areas by going to the Scoreboard and sort by country.

No regions, though, but it'd be great to have North America, Europe, Asia, etc. added. That's another suggestion that's already been made, I think.
Colonel macbone

Postby CanuckSteve on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 pm

put the flag next to the individual game, so we do not need to click on each profile to see where people are from.
Corporal CanuckSteve

Postby perchorin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 pm

CanuckSteve wrote:put the flag next to the individual game, so we do not need to click on each profile to see where people are from.

Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby macbone on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:39 am

The chess site Red Hot Pawn puts the country flag beside usernames during games. It's not unprecedented. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:48 pm

actually, he is raising an interesting point (I thought it was a smart suggestion in the first place, not this pile of lazy crap).
Many people don't live in their home country. It could be interesting to let people fill in their nationality. this being on top of the country flags we have that depend on our country of residence.

we could therefore have a nationality flag and a country of residence flag on our profile.
Major betiko

Previous

Return to Suggestions