Conquer Club

Separate Forum for Intellectual Topics/Discussion POLL

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Separate OT Forum Further?

Aye
29%
Nay
46%
Meh
25%

Total votes : 28

Re: Separate Forum for Intellectual Topics/Discussion POLL

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:28 pm

I should've added fine print that I don't know anything about the website I uploaded the file to, other than it came up in a Google Search. Download at your own risk, et al. :D :D :D :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Separate Forum for Intellectual Topics/Discussion

Postby HardAttack on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to create a separate forum for anti-intellectual topics/discussions?

hate to dissapoint you, but, dont you think % 90 of all topics are anti-intellectual ?
to seperate majority from minority OR minority from majority, which one makes more sense to you ?

8-)
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Re: Separate Forum for Intellectual Topics/Discussion

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm

This thread needs more categories. Let's have an intellectual<-->non-intellectual spectrum divided into 5 groups: Very Intellectual, Somewhat Intellectual, Don't Know if Stupid or Just..., Somewhat Non-intellectual, Very Non-Intellectual.

Done! Next we'll delineate authority! One person per group will find samples from OT for his own group, and no communication shall be allowed amongst them! They'll shortly present their findings here. I nominate anyone from OT who has posted at least 3 times within the past 2.5 weeks.

Then, we'll create 5 OT subforums--constantly monitored by the Authorities to ensure maximum compliance to the Rule of Five. An executive board of five members will filter through the cases which will be randomly assigned to two of four judge panels, each composed of five to eleven people. Any member can be included in multiple groups if he or she so desires.

This should solve all of our problems.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby agentcom on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Why, exactly, does this type of narrow categorization of discussion types have to happen on Conquer Club? I mean, I understand it when a university hosts a forum or roundtable on a specific topic and prevents panelists from going off topic. I understand it if a news organization limits the comments on its articles to the actual issues. I understand why Wikipedia only allows you to post verified (most of the time) information on a given page. But why does this gaming site need a narrowly defined forum for the express purpose of intellectual conversations on certain topics? I think you may be on the wrong site for what you want.

On the other hand, I wish CC could do more for me. It would be nice to only log into one site each day and get everything done. I think CC should have an Amazon toolbar for my online purchases. Oh and perhaps it could hook up to my Netflix account, so that I can have a TV show playing above the map, while I play the game. A constant news scroll across the bottom would be a nice touch too, with a secondary ticker for stock prices.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:57 pm

agentcom wrote:On the other hand, I wish CC could do more for me. It would be nice to only log into one site each day and get everything done. I think CC should have an Amazon toolbar for my online purchases. Oh and perhaps it could hook up to my Netflix account, so that I can have a TV show playing above the map, while I play the game. A constant news scroll across the bottom would be a nice touch too, with a secondary ticker for stock prices.

Passing this on to bigWham.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:07 am

agentcom wrote:Why, exactly, does this type of narrow categorization of discussion types have to happen on Conquer Club? I mean, I understand it when a university hosts a forum or roundtable on a specific topic and prevents panelists from going off topic. I understand it if a news organization limits the comments on its articles to the actual issues. I understand why Wikipedia only allows you to post verified (most of the time) information on a given page. But why does this gaming site need a narrowly defined forum for the express purpose of intellectual conversations on certain topics? I think you may be on the wrong site for what you want.

On the other hand, I wish CC could do more for me. It would be nice to only log into one site each day and get everything done. I think CC should have an Amazon toolbar for my online purchases. Oh and perhaps it could hook up to my Netflix account, so that I can have a TV show playing above the map, while I play the game. A constant news scroll across the bottom would be a nice touch too, with a secondary ticker for stock prices.

I agree; Five categories is not enough. We're gonna need at least eight. Furthermore, it is indeed time to move this site into the 21st century.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm

and flame wars are okay
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Hey, look! PS is relying on the tyranny of majority when it suits him. Imagine that!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:35 pm

I almost forgot about this suggestion. Glad I remembered it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Wherever there is a crisis, Andy will be there!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby macbone on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 am

Hey, xkcd has a separate forum for serious discussions.

Of course, they also have separate forums for Science, Math, and Language/Linguistics, too. =)
Colonel macbone

Previous

Return to Suggestions