Conquer Club

[Rules] Limit total number of missed turns allowed

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Rules] Limit total number of missed turns allowed

Postby nazrat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:37 pm

[MOD EDIT: The following thread is a combination of threads that seek to set a maximum number of non-consecutive turns that can be missed in a game. This causes problems for longer games, just as does the related suggestion of having the three-turn deadbeat rule be applied to non-sequential missed turns.

For other missed turn suggestions, see here.

If you see any suggestions that should be merged here, please post here or inform a moderator. Thank you. --agentcom]

<-------------------->

<Subject>: Too many missed turns

<Body>: When a player misses multiple turns, it can increase the game time into several days extra. Although three in a row will get them auto-kicked, when they miss more than three, but not in a row, they keep tying up the game.

Suggestion Idea: Auto-kick a player for 5 total missed turns, in addition to the 3 in a row.

Specifics: New rule: Auto-kick for 3 in a row, and 5 total missed turns

Why it is needed: speed of game. (I'm currently in a game with 10 missed turns, five of which are from the same player. That's ten days of non-playing.

Priority** (1-5): 4 or 5
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited title and post and created introduction
Sergeant nazrat

Postby gimil on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:12 pm

its been suggested. always check teh to do list beforwe making a suggestion. but im sure someone will be happpy u at least used teh form :wink:
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Wisse on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 pm

been rejected many times
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby nazrat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:02 pm

Well, maybe some day...

The player who had missed five turns is now up to six.
Sergeant nazrat

Why is it rejected?

Postby T7 on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:14 pm

Why is it rejected? Seems like a good idea.
Highest score: 2039 24/6/11 (1910 16/2/10, 1903 6/1/09)
Major T7

Re: Why is it rejected?

Postby hecter on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:26 pm

T7 wrote:Why is it rejected? Seems like a good idea.

Because in a game with 100+ rounds, 5 missed turns isn't that many.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby ahchin on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:38 am

imagine this happen all the time
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=477327

all the player went missing and i have checked neither of them play 1 round of any games and thats annoying.

5% is alot even if its a 100 turns game and till now i only see a maximum of 28 turns.

if u think 5% not alot, ask u boss to deduct 5% of u wages. :twisted:
Captain ahchin

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 am

I think missing a percentage of your total turns gets you kicked out is a great idea and could be implemented by percentage rather than a limit on numbers, say you miss 30%ish of your turns, or three in a row and you're kicked out of the game. This may present a problem early in gaames as missing the first or second turn would have you kicked out but it could be applied after the first few rounds
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby alex_white101 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:11 am

sfhbballnut wrote:I think missing a percentage of your total turns gets you kicked out is a great idea and could be implemented by percentage rather than a limit on numbers, say you miss 30%ish of your turns, or three in a row and you're kicked out of the game. This may present a problem early in gaames as missing the first or second turn would have you kicked out but it could be applied after the first few rounds

30% of 4 rounds is 1 turn, therefore if u miss one turn in the first 4 u r kicked out. not a very well thought through idea :?
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:49 am

you apparently didn't read all of my post. I stated in the last couple lines that the percentage kick out could be implemented after the first few rounds, the exact numbers as far as when and what percentage would have to be worked out to see what is the best way of doing it

and your math's a bit off my friend 1 out of 4 is 25% which is why I said 30% so if it did start after the 4th round it would work
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby alex_white101 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:49 am

sfhbballnut wrote:you apparently didn't read all of my post. I stated in the last couple lines that the percentage kick out could be implemented after the first few rounds, the exact numbers as far as when and what percentage would have to be worked out to see what is the best way of doing it

and your math's a bit off my friend 1 out of 4 is 25% which is why I said 30% so if it did start after the 4th round it would work

no no, 30% of 4 rounds is most definately closest to 1 turn, not 2 turns or 0 turns but one turn so it would effectively be, you guessed it, 1 turn. And also i think the whole % thing is pretty poor, if you say 10 rounds only 3 rounds have to be missed (yes i know i rounded again shock horror!) or 20 rounds 6 would be missed. however people that miss that many goes tend to miss them in a row, and a relatively small number miss that many turns not consecutively, so it would be useless. as well as the fact that im guessing the majority of games on CC last around 20 rounds so the whole idea becomes a bit pointless......
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby RobinJ on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:14 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:I think missing a percentage of your total turns gets you kicked out is a great idea and could be implemented by percentage rather than a limit on numbers, say you miss 30%ish of your turns, or three in a row and you're kicked out of the game. This may present a problem early in gaames as missing the first or second turn would have you kicked out but it could be applied after the first few rounds

Agreed. I think that after rounds 9 or 10, 30% of turns missed should mean being kicked out. This would eliminate the mathematical problem of someone being booted for missing 2 turns consecutively earlier on in the game.
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 pm

if this suggestion is taken seriously someone will have to crunch some numbers and come up with the most effective percentage, I think eventualy, past ten rounds or so missing 50% of your turns is outragoues and you should be kicked out. Another option is to have a rule on consecutivly alternating missed turns. something needs to be implemented to prevent to much strategic turn missing or people who frequently miss turns.
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby RobinJ on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:25 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:if this suggestion is taken seriously someone will have to crunch some numbers and come up with the most effective percentage, I think eventualy, past ten rounds or so missing 50% of your turns is outragoues and you should be kicked out. Another option is to have a rule on consecutivly alternating missed turns. something needs to be implemented to prevent to much strategic turn missing or people who frequently miss turns.

50% is too high in my opinion - someone missing 45% of turns would be ruining the game. Also, I think your idea should cover alternating missed turns because you are missing a large percentage of turns if that is your gameplan
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby nazrat on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:30 pm

Percentage might work. The player I was referring to when I started the thread finished out with 8 missed turns in 15 rounds (finally auto-kicked!!). Used up better than a week's worth of time.
Sergeant nazrat

Postby anormal on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:45 am

:x

I am really MAD about "missing turns", not only because of the time spent, but because of missing turns on purpose to win the BONUS of missing turns!!!

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=502454

So, in this game happens two things...

1. there is a newbie that never played any game, and is ready to be kicked by missing is 3rd consecutive turn... but if he started to play now, with the BONUS of *3 he could have lots of good chances to win this game...

2. for other side, there are players that miss turns on purpose... only because of the bonus, so I sugest:
-> to decrease or finish with this bonus
or
-> to make a button on the side of BEGIN TURN that says SKIP TURN
:roll:
Corporal anormal

Ammendment to Missed Turns Rule?

Postby deathscythe30 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:24 pm

I have a suggestion to add to the 3 consecutive turns missed and get booted from the game rule.

I think there should be a limit of turns you can miss in the entire game. I would say that if you miss 6 non-consecutive turns in a single game, you are kicked. I won't say what game it is, but I am currently playing against a guy who has missed 6 turns in 26 rounds and it's annoying. He has missed 2 consecutive turns twice and barely made it in time to make his turn before he is kicked.

What do you all think?
Private 1st Class deathscythe30

Postby misterman10 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:58 pm

I think you need to use the form
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby lackattack on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm

Don't bother with the form. This has already been rejected :)

Mising 6 turns isn't that bad in a 60 day game.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Night Strike on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:19 pm

lackattack wrote:Don't bother with the form. This has already been rejected :)

Mising 6 turns isn't that bad in a 60 day game.

Technically, it's the same as missing 3 (in a row) in a 30 day game (10%). :wink:
Major Night Strike

Missed Turns

Postby astronautg117 on Sat May 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Concise description:
    Put a max amount of missed turns in a game.

Specifics:
    Right now someone gets kicked from a game only if they miss 3 consecutive turns. I think if someone misses five or so inconsecutive turns they should get kicked also.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    Save waiting time for active players.
Cadet astronautg117

Re: Missed Turns

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat May 02, 2009 6:43 pm

This could become problematic for games (the real ones, not build games) that last weeks, months, or in some cases, even years. 5 Missed turns for in a year, and you get kicked out of a game you've been playing? No good. A cap on missed turns couldn't be a hard-static number, because of the problem above.

I think there might be better random ideas out there in regards to user punishment, such a pool of missed turn "get out of <month> jail free cards" that once spent for the month, would deduct a point or two from your score. But your idea, this idea, and any idea, would have to be looked at from a code standpoint and see what is possible and what isn't.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby sailorseal on Sat May 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Maybe it goes per month and resets, maybe you if you miss five turns in one month you are kicked but then the scale starts over
Cook sailorseal

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 pm

proportion perhaps? if you build up, say, 1:5 ratio of turns missed:taken, you get kicked.

pluss, of corse, the 3 consecutive, and only after a set # of rounds. say, after 20 rounds, if the above ratio is true, you get the boot.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Megadeth666 on Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 am

Missed Turn Option, In creating a game would solve this:

1-No Missed turns

2-3 Consecutive Missed

3-5 Random Missed

Just a Thought :?
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Next

Return to Suggestions