Conquer Club

Suggestions Pipeline- Features Panel

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Suggestions Pipeline- Features Panel

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:32 am

After some coordination with bigWham, I am proud to announce the arrival of the Features Panel. This Panel will be drawn from handpicked community members, those who have proven thoughtful and intelligent and laden with constructive criticism. The Panel will consist of at most ten members, and those names will be released as soon as they are determined.

With the Panel, we will be officially marking the end of the Guaranteed Suggestion Implementation program. While largely considered a success, and I loved being able to interact with community members- there were simply too many "good suggestions" that weren't being implemented in a short enough amount of time. It took 8 months to crank out 4 suggestions- we hope to get that amount within two months, preferably one. Be assured that you can still contact me to promote ideas, and I will make sure they get their proper attention. Also be assured that the old nominations thread is the first place the Panel will be looking for Suggestions to pass up the ladder.

New Pipeline:

COMMUNITY PHASE:

Beginning with a new suggestion:

a) As the suggestion gains popularity, any member from the Features Panel will be able to bring the suggestion up for discussion in front of the Panel.

b) Once brought up for discussion, the Panel will keep an eye on the suggestion for outstanding criticism, as well as discuss to avoid potential problems with the suggestion. After discussion, it will either be approved by the panel or dismissed.

c) If dismissed by the Panel, no further discussion will continue until a significant development is made in the suggestion or the site to make the suggestion viable. If approved, it will be forwarded to Administration.It will again be dismissed or approved in a second step.

d) After Administration approval, the Suggestion will move onto the Implementation Phase.

IMPLEMENTATION PHASE

As soon as Administration approves the suggestion, a community announcement will be made. This will allow a one week minimum for the community to be informed and involved as to what is going on.

a) Coding will begin upon Administration approval,and it will be released into Beta testing ASAP. Once in testing, Beta testers and Panel members will experiment with the suggestion, and make sure it works as it is supposed to per the suggestion.

b) While in testing, the Features Panel will be actively monitoring and engaging Community Reactions. IF THE REACTIONS ARE LARGELY NEGATIVE, TESTING WILL STOP AND THE SUGGESTION WILL BE DISMISSED. This is a safeguard to prevent an unpopular suggestion from being implemented. Because of this, please keep in mind what your comments may do- we would much rather work with you to "fix" a suggestion rather than have to table it.

c) Once Beta testing is complete, the Panel will provide an ETA of release (modeled by Administration), as well as the final details of the suggestion (including screenshots if appropriate).

I do apologize that GSI will be taken away. I loved it, but it doesn't work well with timelines. It takes too long to get a significant count- often BW had the suggestion coded and Beta testing well before voting officially ended. This way we still get community input but don't have to spend weeks polling- instead we can use it making sure the suggestion comes out just right!
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Suggestions Pipeline- Features Panel

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am

Welcome home...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Fun initiative, good luck!

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jmyork82 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I think this will be a big step in the right direction. Looking forward to this!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby GoranZ on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Suggestion... at least 40% of your team must be software developers... Or your achievement ratio will not be as high as you hope it will be :)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:40 pm

GoranZ wrote:Suggestion... at least 40% of your team must be software developers... Or your achievement ratio will not be as high as you hope it will be :)

Currently we have two active programmers (I believe), if you're volunteering you are more than welcome to help :)
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby GoranZ on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Suggestion... at least 40% of your team must be software developers... Or your achievement ratio will not be as high as you hope it will be :)

Currently we have two active programmers (I believe), if you're volunteering you are more than welcome to help :)

You can count on me then :)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:32 am

+1

Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Swifte on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 am

I liked this initiative... is it dead already?
Colonel Swifte

Postby Mad777 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:03 am

Swifte wrote:I liked this initiative... is it dead already?

I guess they still working on the team color change....too much work :lol:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby GoranZ on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Swifte wrote:I liked this initiative... is it dead already?

I guess they still working on the team color change....too much work :lol:

Enjoy... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=216753

Brigadier GoranZ

Return to Suggestions