Conquer Club

A PM list for open tourny invites

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Concise description:
Have a list of people willing to receive PM invites to tournies.

Specifics/Details:
Having seen the complaints in GD, it seems like a simple solution to ask if people would like to receive invitations via PM. The original complaint was about wall messages. A PM solution seems easier.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
Invites would be directed toward customers who would like to receive invites. Those that consider them to be spam would no longer receive them.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: A PM list for open tourny invites

Postby Fewnix on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 am

Symmetry wrote:Concise description:
Have a list of people willing to receive PM invites to tournies.

Specifics/Details:
Having seen the complaints in GD, it seems like a simple solution to ask if people would like to receive invitations via PM. The original complaint was about wall messages. A PM solution seems easier.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
Invites would be directed toward customers who would like to receive invites. Those that consider them to be spam would no longer receive them.

Support- something that should be done through the Tournament Players Association.
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:44 pm

What is the point of the tournament forum if not this?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Mad777 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:What is the point of the tournament forum if not this?

+1
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Fewnix on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm

I take part in a few tournaments- usually by looking at the forum when I am actively looking for games.BUT someimes I get a PM invite from someone like the Duk letting me know there is a tourney I might want join, as ts similar to a tourney I played before,or because he needs a few more players to get a full roster and get things going.I I apreciate that and usually join.

There is something called the Tournament Players Association that deals with schedules of tourneys
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 9&t=215395

that could be very useful in this regard. Say, sending out a PM once a week to those who have signed up for The TPA, letting people know what tourneys could use a few players, either to start a tourney or to provide replacements for those who have dropped out. It could even be something like a newsletter, sent to those who have signed up for TPA, what is going on in the tourney world,= announcements of tourneys that might be particularly significant, winners of tourneys, the TPA scoreboard being updated, all building a communtiy within the CC community.

The Tournament Players Association - Year 6

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:12 pm
TPA Commissioner: mcshanester29 - In charge of general inquiries, scheduling, and issues in TPA6.
TPA Asst. Commissioner: Mad777 - In charge of TPA6 scoreboard, and help with scheduling.
TPA Asst. Commissioner: Clive - Main tournament rescuer.

hide: TPA6 Regulations
All TPA6 Tournaments must begin with the TPA introduction:

Code: Select all
This is a Tournament Players Association Year 6 [TPA6] event, and is governed by its rules, guidelines, and judgments which are detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=215395
All are welcome to join and participate in the association. You do not need to do anything more than join one or more of the TPA6 events that will be announced on Mondays. Check back on the scoreboard to see how you're doing:
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Fewnix wrote:

This thread is in the wrong forum, this thread should be in the tournament forum as it is asking tournament admins to maintain a PM list in the tournament forum and has nothing to do with the suggestions team

FTFY
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Fewnix on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:14 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Fewnix wrote:

This thread is in the wrong forum, this thread should be in the tournament forum as it is asking tournament admins to maintain a PM list in the tournament forum and has nothing to do with the suggestions team

FTFY

Sometimes the people with the awful coloured Ids read the suggestions and suggest action
:D

Sent: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:52 pm
To: Clive Mad777 mcshanester29 Dukasaur
Something like this desireable and doable?

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p4784005

Fewnix wrote:

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
What is the point of the tournament forum if not this?

I take part in a few tournaments- usually by looking at the forum when I am actively looking for games.BUT someimes I get a PM invite from someone like the Duk letting me know there is a tourney I might want join, as ts similar to a tourney I played before,or because he needs a few more players to get a full roster and get things going.I I apreciate that and usually join.

There is something called the Tournament Players Association that deals with schedules of tourneys
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=215395

that could be very useful in this regard. Say, sending out a PM once a week to those who have signed up for The TPA, letting people know what tourneys could use a few players, either to start a tourney or to provide replacements for those who have dropped out. It could even be something like a newsletter, sent to those who have signed up for TPA, what is going on in the tourney world,= announcements of tourneys that might be particularly significant, winners of tourneys, the TPA scoreboard being updated, all building a communtiy within the CC community.
"My Friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
The struggle continues. R.I. P. Jack

Lieutenant Fewnix

Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Symmetry on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:01 pm

From a casual reading, it seems like an implementable solution is possible. As is obvious so far, there will be issues- people complaing about things not filed properly the their office, suggestions in suggestions threads, and wrong cover sheets on TPS reports.

From what has been said, it seems like sharp divisions have become an issue. That mods have not been talking to one another.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:08 am

I have been one of those who have sent out mass pm's to help fill a tournament. I have done it no more than a couple times a year. Without the individual pm showing in someone's box tournaments can get lost in the noise. A weekly pm of tournaments to be filled will probably be regarded as noise.

I like to think that I have enough of a reputation for decent, fun tournaments, that people will take the time to examine them. Much like I have seen people refer to Duk's PMs about his tournaments. I appreciate those as well. I look for TO's who run well organized thought out, interesting tourneys.

I find that most people are willing to look at the occasional pm (I stress occasional), pointing them to a tourney they might not have otherwise looked at. The few who object I try to pull off of my lists. My lists are primarily composed of people who have played in my tournaments previously. And I have also found that most people don't mind having to hit the delete button a couple times a year.

I don't think that formalizing, beyond the open tournament list that we have, achieves anything new.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 am

Silly Knig-it wrote:I have been one of those who have sent out mass pm's to help fill a tournament. I have done it no more than a couple times a year. Without the individual pm showing in someone's box tournaments can get lost in the noise. A weekly pm of tournaments to be filled will probably be regarded as noise.

I like to think that I have enough of a reputation for decent, fun tournaments, that people will take the time to examine them. Much like I have seen people refer to Duk's PMs about his tournaments. I appreciate those as well. I look for TO's who run well organized thought out, interesting tourneys.

I find that most people are willing to look at the occasional pm (I stress occasional), pointing them to a tourney they might not have otherwise looked at. The few who object I try to pull off of my lists. My lists are primarily composed of people who have played in my tournaments previously. And I have also found that most people don't mind having to hit the delete button a couple times a year.

I don't think that formalizing, beyond the open tournament list that we have, achieves anything new.

But you realise that if a bunch of people do what you do, it can be annoying?

Surely, and acknowledging that people don't really like unsolicited spam, this suggestion will not hurt you.

Folks don't always like having to deal with spam.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:39 am

My thoughts on it:

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=217261

Getting one pm about a tournament us bad enough, now I'm getting 2-3+ from the TO and others trying to fill the tournament.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Suggestions