Conquer Club

Change Animosity Towards New Players

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Change Animosity Towards New Players

Postby FreeFalling123 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Update the feedback system.

Concise description: Until a player receives a medal in a game type, these players should be able to provide players who treat them well during their learning days by giving them prizes.
  • 1. Positive reinforcement prizes: Token of gratitude, Box of kittens, etc.
    2. Negative reinforcement prizes/gifts: You are an asshole, Freezer Full of Fudge Uppicles/Yankees

Specifics/Details:I have seen a thousand cases, wherein experienced players on the site degrade new players causing them to think poorly of themselves and the SETTINGS. I have 1 suggestion, but I would be interested in hearing more ideas:
  • Player X accuses player Y of not playing at his level... no suggestions, just a plain old, you are bad!

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Give us some type of system so we can show appreciation for those who helped us learn how to play the game.
    I could name a couple handfuls of people who inspired me to become a better player.
Major FreeFalling123

Re: Change Animosity Towards New Players

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:55 pm

i would support something like this, i think. maybe players with a "?" shouldn't be allowed to rate OR be rated???
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby rockfist on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:31 pm

I'd never even consider giving a ? A bad rating unless they did something considered unsportsmanlike in any competition or game (profane tirades, racist rants ect). Do other members rate them down for the quality of their game play? This is really a problem?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:39 pm

rockfist wrote:I'd never even consider giving a ? A bad rating unless they did something considered unsportsmanlike in any competition or game (profane tirades, racist rants ect). Do other members rate them down for the quality of their game play? This is really a problem?

Yup. I got rated really bad in my early games. I won most of them. In fairness Nathaniel was one of the raters
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:56 pm

This is an awful suggestion, some of these new people might stick around and the games will get too crowded.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby FreeFalling123 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This is an awful suggestion, some of these new people might stick around and the games will get too crowded.

LOL this made me really confused.. thank you Yosh
Major FreeFalling123

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm

FreeFalling123 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:This is an awful suggestion, some of these new people might stick around and the games will get too crowded.

LOL this made me really confused.. thank you Yosh

He's good at that.

In terms of low-hanging fruit, removing ratings of New Recruits seems like a reasonably good idea to me.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby apey on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I have recently been stuck in games that had new recruits that never came back it SUCKED!
I am all for helping some one understand the site and the game. (i just did actually)
I am not sure exactly what can be done and what would be too much but i would hate to think that some ppl do not stay and get to b a part of this site because of assholes that have NO compassion for ppl that need a lil help getting it.
we have something for cooks why not newbs....
04:42:40 ‹apey› uhoh
04:42:40 ‹ronc8649› uhoh
iAmCaffeine: 4/28/2016. I love how the PL players are getting wet on your wall
Corporal 1st Class apey

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:03 am

- I had brought this to attention months ago in the SoG thread, I always believed it's unfair to rate a NR when they are so new and most clueless, and the unfair rating one may get from a NR then that NR never comes back and the bad ratings linger forever. NR should not be able to rate or be rated.

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby clangfield on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:10 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- I had brought this to attention months ago in the SoG thread, I always believed it's unfair to rate a NR when they are so new and most clueless, and the unfair rating one may get from a NR then that NR never comes back and the bad ratings linger forever. NR should not be able to rate or be rated.

-\MGM/-♎

Totally agree.
Lieutenant clangfield

Return to Suggestions