Conquer Club

[GO] Constant (Very Flat) Rate Spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Flat Rate Across All Card Combinations

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Or even like the current Flat Rate setting is.

The current flat rate setting used to be a standard in the H-version boardgame. escalating was a rarely-played option.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: "Fixed" Card Bonus

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 am

RedRing wrote:I like this idea, one of the ones I was thinking about earlier. For people that LIKE spoils... but wish it has just a little less luck to it.

Exactly! C'mon, mods, this is a good idea!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 am

Because i am going by what you poll said. It was a heavily weighted to "No". You have ignored, or have simply not responded to, anyone that says "Hey, there is still a tremendous amount of luck in this Suggestion". You are still lucky if you can cash in at 3, and i have to wait for 5 to cash in. To be honest, this is calling basically for more stalemate games.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Because i am going by what you poll said. It was a heavily weighted to "No". You have ignored, or have simply not responded to, anyone that says "Hey, there is still a tremendous amount of luck in this Suggestion". You are still lucky if you can cash in at 3, and i have to wait for 5 to cash in. To be honest, this is calling basically for more stalemate games.

It's limiting the luck to whether or not you get a set of three, rather than if you get the higher-valued set of three. The boldly italicized part solves the stalemate problem. I don't see why people are against this. There are clearly people who like this, so why not give them the option to? This is a legitimate request and I can't imagine it'd be difficult to implement.

-Sully for the cards
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm

So? Every option has people that like it and don't like it. If we were to implement every option that had some people that liked it, such as the Surrender/Forfeit/Quit button, then this place would be over riddled with options.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:36 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:So? Every option has people that like it and don't like it. If we were to implement every option that had some people that liked it, such as the Surrender/Forfeit/Quit button, then this place would be over riddled with options.

The forfeit button was rejected on account of people intentionally throwing games. No one can abuse this.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 am

Because most people would never use this. A bonus of 4 troops every now and then does nothing to move the game along. It would play out like a no spoils game.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Because most people would never use this. A bonus of 4 troops every now and then does nothing to move the game along. It would play out like a no spoils game.

The suggestion isn't locked into "bonus of four troops". It's about having the same number of troops (whatever that may be) for the bonus. Personally, I would always play this instead of what we now have in "flat rate" if it were available. It's a much more fair option. In fact, I would go so far as to predict that this option would virtually eliminate the use of "flat rate" once people got used to it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Woodruff wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:Because most people would never use this. A bonus of 4 troops every now and then does nothing to move the game along. It would play out like a no spoils game.

The suggestion isn't locked into "bonus of four troops". It's about having the same number of troops (whatever that may be) for the bonus. Personally, I would always play this instead of what we now have in "flat rate" if it were available. It's a much more fair option. In fact, I would go so far as to predict that this option would virtually eliminate the use of "flat rate" once people got used to it.

Exactly! We should at least beta test this or something, to look for stalemates and popularity. If there are a lot of stalemates and it's not very popular like all you haters think it'll be, then fine, drop it. If not, then keep it as an extra card bonus option. You can't say, "Oh, there's gonna be stalemates and no one's gonna want to play," if it hasn't been tested. And like Woodruff said, it doesn't have to be 4 troops it can be more, if need be.

-Sully's fixed on Fixed
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Bump ;)
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 pm

i think 6 would be a better figure than 4

and rename this thread Fixed Spoils
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Bump ;)

Don't bump a thread unless you have something to contribute please.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Re: Fixed Spoils

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Bump ;)

Don't bump a thread unless you have something to contribute please.

Alrighty then, I'll address some FAQs/arguments for this spoils option:

• Arguments for the option
    -Reduces the luck factor of spoils, yet still allows players to get a boost of troops
    -Provides another option in the Spoils department, thus creating more diversity between games
  • FAQs
    Q1: How many troops will I get for a cash?
    A1: That will be discussed later down the road, once this is submitted. (I will probably post a poll then)
    Q2: What makes this any different from Flat Rate?
    A2: Flat Rate gives out troops based on what color set you have (4 for red, 6 for green, 8 for blue, 10 for one of each) while all color sets in Fixed will be the same (X for red, green, blue, or one of each).
    Q3: If you want to "reduce the luck factor", why don't you just play No Spoils?
    A3: Fixed allows for players to get a troop bonus, which is much different from getting no troops at all. Fixed would give the losing guy more of a fighting chance than No Spoils would. Now, you might say, "Well the winning guy would get the same bonus of troops soon after," but the percentage of troops relative to each player's current bonus is very different. Think of it this way: 10 troops for 5 territories is a lot better than 10 troops for 20 territories.
    Q4: I would never play this option, so why submit it at all?
    A4: Others do, and implementing this would not mean that you'd have to play with this setting at all, though I'd encourage you to give it a chance.
Hope this helped, everyone! Comments are greatly appreciated!!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Nice idea Sully - as discussed above a better option than flat rate - still requires some luck so not as much of a stalemate as no spoils.

I also wonder about the +2 troops on card regions and whether we could have an option to include this or not - maybe that's a seperate suggestion though.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Nice idea Sully - as discussed above a better option than flat rate - still requires some luck so not as much of a stalemate as no spoils.

I also wonder about the +2 troops on card regions and whether we could have an option to include this or not - maybe that's a seperate suggestion though.

Yeah, probably, but thanks for the comment!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Real Flat Rate Option

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 pm

I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

The suggestions have been for 4 per set, 7 per set (the current mean cash value), 10 per set and 15 per set.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: New Spoils: Constant (Very Flat) Rate

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I very strongly support this. I don't like escalating games but I like playing for cards. Flat rate has too much luck involved imho so I don't play that either. This would make a nice "in-between" setting and I guarantee I would play it a lot.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

The suggestions have been for 4 per set, 7 per set (the current mean cash value), 10 per set and 15 per set.

Yeah, there have been several iterations of what is now the Suggestions Forum. At first it was the same as Bug reports, then the suggestions got moved out, then there was some sort of priority system, then there was Lack's To-Do list, etc., etc.

<Cue cynical comments>

As for the suggestion, it's an interesting idea. I'd probably play it occasionally. I, too, am curious how people feel about it. I feel like there will be two responses: "Meh" or "Hell Yeah." I'm more on the "meh" side, myself.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

meh for me.

if the setting doesn't blow us away it should not be added. quality control is a good idea, yes i'm looking at you Foundry O:)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm

greenoaks wrote:meh for me.

if the setting doesn't blow us away it should not be added. quality control is a good idea, yes i'm looking at you Foundry O:)

It does blow me away, to be quite honest. Ever since I started playing here I didn't like playing flat rate for the crazy amount of luck it provides. I've always wanted a constant flat rate option and I would be really excited if this came through. 8-)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 am

Funkyterrance wrote:

It does blow me away, to be quite honest. Ever since I started playing here I didn't like playing flat rate for the crazy amount of luck it provides. I've always wanted a constant flat rate option and I would be really excited if this came through. 8-)

but it doesn't really alter the way games are played or blow most of us away.

this might be a decent setting but so are many others. it just doesn't stand out like Nukes and Trench did or like Conquest does now.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

but it doesn't really alter the way games are played or blow most of us away.

this might be a decent setting but so are many others. it just doesn't stand out like Nukes and Trench did or like Conquest does now.

Yeah granted it's not some wild new concept. But fun? I really think it would be. It sounds plain on paper but strategically it would add just as much a new element as say nukes or trench.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Re-define Flat Rate Bonus or Create New Bonus Type

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 pm

bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 pm

bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby clangfield on Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

I'd echo the vote for 6, or perhaps 9 - being multiples of the 'standard' minimum of 3.
Lieutenant clangfield

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions