Conquer Club

Betamap retroactive investigation workforce

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Betamap retroactive investigation workforce

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am

Hi,

If you're one of those that had played a lot of beta maps before the medal was released, you know that those don't count towards your beta medal count. The reason? it was complicated for the developpers to look back when each map was released from beta.
This could actually be a quite simple job if members of the community helped out, let's say we each do 20, and with 10-15 people doing the search, that would probably just be less than an hour of research each.
The method i would suggest would be:

1) we should be told at first which maps are included in the count
2) we check in the forge the thread of a given map that wasn't counted. Then it's quite simple, just turn the pages briefly looking at the titles, till the [Beta] sign isn't present anymore, and find the date.

This could be a quite easy job if a bunch of us helps out. It could be beneficial to all the community, and give to all seasoned players that have played a lot of beta games before the medal was released to get some deserved unique kills that aren't counted right now, just because no one had time to look it up back in the day.

example: let's take salem's switch.
viewtopic.php?f=358&t=102092

i just looked over the last pages... it went from beta to quenched on october 12th 2012 (took me like 1 minute to figure it out)
viewtopic.php?f=358&t=102092&start=525

so basically any game started before that date on that map should count towards our betamap count.

is this something big wham would agree on?
Major betiko

Re: Betamap retroactive investigation workforce

Postby riskllama on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 am

lol, u wanna play me on promontory summit?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:48 am

riskllama wrote:lol, u wanna play me on promontory summit?

done that, beat you easy.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 am

So you propose to determine the dates and have the system automate the medals based on those dates you provide?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 am

maybe Tt could help with this... :idea:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 am

IcePack wrote:So you propose to determine the dates and have the system automate the medals based on those dates you provide?

That s what i would like, but maybe the system determines beta from none beta based on game numbers and not start date of a game?
Not sure, if you start a beta game, and by the time it fills in and starts, the map is released from beta, i think it doesn t count as beta? It sounds more logical this way.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 am

I’ll check to see if this is possible if you / other’s put in the work

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 am

riskllama wrote:maybe Tt could help with this... :idea:

Ha, yeah I could, if they paid enough.

So let me get this straight. Betty is proposing going to all this trouble just to upgrade his medal faster?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
riskllama wrote:maybe Tt could help with this... :idea:

Ha, yeah I could, if they paid enough.

So let me get this straight. Betty is proposing going to all this trouble just to upgrade his medal faster?

it's about getting back some deserved unique kills for everybody. With some team work it won't be that much trouble. It was much more trouble getting those uncounted beta map kills in the first place.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:48 pm

IcePack wrote:I’ll check to see if this is possible if you / other’s put in the work

Doesn’t sound like he’s a fan of doing this retroactive and the processing power needed to do this.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:46 am

IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:I’ll check to see if this is possible if you / other’s put in the work

Doesn’t sound like he’s a fan of doing this retroactive and the processing power needed to do this.

Doesn't sound like he's a fan of improving anything anymore... all the suggestion mods have quited one after the other, because it s a pointless position and a pointless section.

Let's face it... big wham arrived with a lot of enthousiasm and will to improve stuff and make new things. His enthousiasm has been dropping little by little while he saw that all his efforts were not stopping people from leaving and very few new blood from joining.
He's now in the "meh" phase... concentrating on other stuff that generate money and letting this place as it is, probably thinking to sell it.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:59 am

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Doesn't sound like he's a fan of improving anything anymore... all the suggestion mods have quited one after the other, because it s a pointless position and a pointless section.

Let's face it... big wham arrived with a lot of enthousiasm and will to improve stuff and make new things. His enthousiasm has been dropping little by little while he saw that all his efforts were not stopping people from leaving and very few new blood from joining.
He's now in the "meh" phase... concentrating on other stuff that generate money and letting this place as it is, probably thinking to sell it.

I know he does a decent amount of improvements for clans when we ask. Not everything obviously, but enough.

I can’t speak for the sugg mods or why they quit bcuz idk what they have done or issues they ran into. I know I’ve worked w wham since he got here, and while his time available has lessened I haven’t noticed any drop in enthusiasm from him.

I think it’s a bit unfair tbh. I think he learnt a lot from his initial updates and a lot of people didn’t like the pace of change and updates themselves. So now the threshold for making changes is higher

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:11 am

I liked what was going on when big wham arrived. He brought a lot of fresh air.
I didn't like all his new stuff (most improved scoreboard or the inventory stars, or the automatic renewal) but all the rest were great stuff.
I have never blamed him for doing new stuff that i didn t like... because i valued the fact that he was putting a lot of effort and enthousiasm. But i don t see him care as he used to... he used to make some anouncement every x month... no one sees him around anymore. I ve heard a lot of negative feedback from several mods that quitted as he never wants to listen...
Major betiko

Return to Suggestions