Conquer Club

Resign button - Extension ( Revised by ADMIN)

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Donelladan on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.

A very poorly thought out suggestion indeed.


?

If there is a fight in a clan and they want to sabotage game they do NOT need a resign button they can already make a mess.
Actually it already happened in a game I was playing a couple of years ago, one of the player got in a fight with leadership, and sabotaged a game. Did he need a resign button for that ? No he simply suicided on his teammates.
See ? Resign button in clan game would not be an abuse at all, at least not the way you are describing it.

Anyway, seems there is a rather large consensus so far that we should expand it only for 1vs1 and poly trench.
But still, your argument doesn't hold because anyone can sabotage and lose a game they are winning already.
Image
User avatar
General Donelladan
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 189
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (13) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (28) Challenge Achievement (19) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again:

I fundamentally disagree with people quitting the games. It’s one of the worst things that people do. Sitting around a table and someone refuses to continue to play just because they are losing is SUPER annoying.

It ruins the fun of the game and denies the winning person the fun of actually winning the game.

Others disagree and that’s fine, I’ve debated this many times now and they don’t care. If I’m the only person who feels it’s stupid and lame to smack the game board and get up and quit just because you’re losing that’s fine.
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13)
General Contribution (25)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Mad777 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:33 pm

You have a good point there, however your example that say "sitting around the table and someone refuses to continue to play...." doesn't really apply to an internet gaming system where you play multiple game at the same time and not just only one, 2 different things here as far argument, I would not enjoy either seeing a friend quiting the table in the middle of the game because he is losing, not fun, but when you have 50+ games average that are ongoing and you know you have 5+ games or a bit more that are lost then resigning to allow you to start other game or register to new tournament is perhaps a way to continue enjoying the site this way...IMO.

About the team extension, it can be denied for special competition (Clans, Tribes), perhaps having the resign button as an option when you create game is another way to go....the game will show if this option has been selected the same way you see what settings the game has before joining...this way it could make all parties happy seeing it is optional at game creation.
".....Fallait pas m'inviter....."
Image
User avatar
Captain Mad777
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner
 
Posts: 6221
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am
Location: Savannah,GA
Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (20) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (6)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Mad777 wrote:You have a good point there, however your example that say "sitting around the table and someone refuses to continue to play...." doesn't really apply to an internet gaming system where you play multiple game at the same time and not just only one, 2 different things here as far argument, I would not enjoy either seeing a friend quiting the table in the middle of the game because he is losing, not fun, but when you have 50+ games average that are ongoing and you know you have 5+ games or a bit more that are lost then resigning to allow you to start other game or register to new tournament is perhaps a way to continue enjoying the site this way...IMO.


I guess the difference is you see a difference and I don’t. They are all games I spend time and energy on. Whether I play 1, 5, or a 100 my feelings are the same whether it’s in person or online. Quitting ruins the fun for me, period.
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13)
General Contribution (25)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:56 pm

hello all ,
I didn't see all the discussions about the resign button but my point of view is the following (maybe it'll help, no idea if it's been discussed this way either) :

The RESIGN button should be an OPTION (a setting actually) when we create games.
    Not available for multigames (too unfair, it's not 1vs1).
    For team games, I really don't know but I think it should be available too, if it's optionnal of course (I think about Clans war for Ice).
    Not available for freemium too.
    EDIT : Also, the default setting -if not selected- should be "NO RESIGN"
    In team games, all players into a tema must click "RESIGN", before it goes to the opposite team, then all players into this team must click "ACCEPT RESIGN".

If the RESIGN button is selected for a game (as a setting).
    It's a RESIGN delmand only, the player ask for being able to resign.
    Then the opponent decide or not to end the game.
    2 buttons => RESIGN & ACCEPT RESIGN

Then :
    if like Icepack, and other players, you don't like people quitting games, you don't join RESIGN games or you don't accept RESIGN DEMAND into a game.
    If like other people, including myself, mad or many people around, you like to end games quickly and see no need to last games forever for nothin, you can join RESIGN GAME and accept RESIGN DEMANDS from opposite players.

Like I said to ICE before :
For me, I have fun ending a game when the opposite player really play the game until the end. But it happens not that often.
In many games, log is the same (deploy+ end turn, nothing else). There is no fun at all for me, it's just a waste of time, and I'm not surprised to find a stack of hundreds in the last territ on fog game.
CONCLUSION : instead of asking properly for resign throught a button, he resigned anyway because he stopped playing since rounds......



++++ another idea, maybe we could have the button : RESIGN and ASK FOR RESIGN
When you see the game is definitely won for you, you could ask the opponent if he want to resign the game, and if he accepts, he loose less points, maybe....)


EDIT: BUT WE DEFINITELY NEED THIS RESIGN BUTTON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Image
User avatar
Colonel DJENRE
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
Medals: 109
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3)
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:57 pm

DJENRE wrote:hello all ,
I didn't see all the discussions about the resign button but my point of view is the following (maybe it'll help, no idea if it's been discussed this way either) :

The RESIGN button should be an OPTION (a setting actually) when we create games.
    Not available for multigames (too unfair, it's not 1vs1).
    For team games, I really don't know but I think it should be available too, if it's optionnal of course (I think about Clans war for Ice).
    Not available for freemium too.
    EDIT : Also, the default setting -if not selected- should be "NO RESIGN"
    In team games, all players into a tema must click "RESIGN", before it goes to the opposite team, then all players into this team must click "ACCEPT RESIGN".

If the RESIGN button is selected for a game (as a setting).
    It's a RESIGN delmand only, the player ask for being able to resign.
    Then the opponent decide or not to end the game.
    2 buttons => RESIGN & ACCEPT RESIGN

Then :
    if like Icepack, and other players, you don't like people quitting games, you don't join RESIGN games or you don't accept RESIGN DEMAND into a game.
    If like other people, including myself, mad or many people around, you like to end games quickly and see no need to last games forever for nothin, you can join RESIGN GAME and accept RESIGN DEMANDS from opposite players.

Like I said to ICE before :
For me, I have fun ending a game when the opposite player really play the game until the end. But it happens not that often.
In many games, log is the same (deploy+ end turn, nothing else). There is no fun at all for me, it's just a waste of time, and I'm not surprised to find a stack of hundreds in the last territ on fog game.
CONCLUSION : instead of asking properly for resign throught a button, he resigned anyway because he stopped playing since rounds......



++++ another idea, maybe we could have the button : RESIGN and ASK FOR RESIGN
When you see the game is definitely won for you, you could ask the opponent if he want to resign the game, and if he accepts, he loose less points, maybe....)


EDIT: BUT WE DEFINITELY NEED THIS RESIGN BUTTON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


This all makes it too complicated. Complicated to play with, complicated to implement. And the last thing we need right now is more game options, given how hard it is to fill games. If someone resigns in a manner you consider unsportsmanlike, you are free to foe them and move on.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 6682
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: California
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.

A very poorly thought out suggestion indeed.

Why not? If people are bitter about something and want to throw a game, they'll just attack teammates. According to Don's suggestion, you need the full team to resign.

However I do agree with the fact that it's not for teamgames. People will get bitter, maybe even hostile, because someone doesn't want to surrender. Therefore I dont think it's a good idea to extend the functionality to teamgames. I do support to extend the functionality to games where just 2 players play, with trench. This means both polymorphic and 1v1.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3)
Tribe Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
DJENRE wrote:hello all ,
I didn't see all the discussions about the resign button but my point of view is the following (maybe it'll help, no idea if it's been discussed this way either) :

The RESIGN button should be an OPTION (a setting actually) when we create games.
    Not available for multigames (too unfair, it's not 1vs1).
    For team games, I really don't know but I think it should be available too, if it's optionnal of course (I think about Clans war for Ice).
    Not available for freemium too.
    EDIT : Also, the default setting -if not selected- should be "NO RESIGN"
    In team games, all players into a tema must click "RESIGN", before it goes to the opposite team, then all players into this team must click "ACCEPT RESIGN".

If the RESIGN button is selected for a game (as a setting).
    It's a RESIGN delmand only, the player ask for being able to resign.
    Then the opponent decide or not to end the game.
    2 buttons => RESIGN & ACCEPT RESIGN

Then :
    if like Icepack, and other players, you don't like people quitting games, you don't join RESIGN games or you don't accept RESIGN DEMAND into a game.
    If like other people, including myself, mad or many people around, you like to end games quickly and see no need to last games forever for nothin, you can join RESIGN GAME and accept RESIGN DEMANDS from opposite players.

Like I said to ICE before :
For me, I have fun ending a game when the opposite player really play the game until the end. But it happens not that often.
In many games, log is the same (deploy+ end turn, nothing else). There is no fun at all for me, it's just a waste of time, and I'm not surprised to find a stack of hundreds in the last territ on fog game.
CONCLUSION : instead of asking properly for resign throught a button, he resigned anyway because he stopped playing since rounds......



++++ another idea, maybe we could have the button : RESIGN and ASK FOR RESIGN
When you see the game is definitely won for you, you could ask the opponent if he want to resign the game, and if he accepts, he loose less points, maybe....)


EDIT: BUT WE DEFINITELY NEED THIS RESIGN BUTTON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


This all makes it too complicated. Complicated to play with, complicated to implement. And the last thing we need right now is more game options, given how hard it is to fill games. If someone resigns in a manner you consider unsportsmanlike, you are free to foe them and move on.

Too complicated to play? It's just a click on a button....
Complicated to implement? I'm not sure but I think it's not a big deal for such a big new option.
COmplicated to fill game? I agree, there are enough settings but it's the only possibility I found for all of them.... :D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Image
User avatar
Colonel DJENRE
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
Medals: 109
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3)
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 20189
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 215
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (25) Clan Achievement (25) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (26) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.


Indeed! More or less what I wrote too. It fits for all. ;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Image
User avatar
Colonel DJENRE
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
Medals: 109
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3)
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.

This just further divides the playerbase. Think about using game finder on some select settings and then also having to select the resign button. Either it's there or it isn't, for me.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3)
Tribe Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.

A very poorly thought out suggestion indeed.


Perhaps you could ignore results from games that complete when a player has already left the clan. Or you could enforce some sort of standards in your community. Perhaps punish people if they behave in a manner inconsistent with those standards.

A very poorly thought out reply indeed.
Last edited by Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 6682
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: California
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.

This just further divides the playerbase. Think about using game finder on some select settings and then also having to select the resign button. Either it's there or it isn't, for me.


The difference here is it isn’t dividing the player base, but being applied to specific section community games. Not public ones. So not really dividing due to the option like some other options create for the rest of the games + site
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13)
General Contribution (25)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby dacp on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 pm

A resign button would be nice for those of us who play multiple games and maps of polymorph against a small group of players. We know when the game is over and would like to just move on to the next game rather than having to march through a meaningless number of turns.
Lieutenant dacp
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Donelladan on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 am

@IcePack
IcePack wrote:I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again:

I fundamentally disagree with people quitting the games. It’s one of the worst things that people do. Sitting around a table and someone refuses to continue to play just because they are losing is SUPER annoying.

It ruins the fun of the game and denies the winning person the fun of actually winning the game.

Others disagree and that’s fine, I’ve debated this many times now and they don’t care. If I’m the only person who feels it’s stupid and lame to smack the game board and get up and quit just because you’re losing that’s fine.


If you are playing an escalating game and you are going to swift the board in one or two turns I totally understand your point of view.
If you are playing a flat rate game and you just finally broke your oponent's bonus and are going to clean the board in 2-3 turns, I may also understand your point of view.
If you are playing a trench game, with a friend sitting at a table, 1vs1, and you actually broke all your opponents bonus, but you need 10 more turns to reach the last region of your opponent. And you expect your friend to sit 10 more turns seeing you take the region one by one. With him having single everywhere dropping 3 a turn, and you having a 40+ stack, collecting more than 15/ turns. Then in this case you are a cruel friend, and you've got weird friends. I know no human being that will be happy to be either of the player in the last situation.


-------------

@DJENRE

Can't find back the previous topic on resign/surrender button that lead to the implementation of the current resign button. But all the points you are making have already been debated.
We have a resign button already for speed trench game. This suggestion is about extending the same button for other settings.
What you are suggesting won't happen (imho) because the decision has already been made. Resign button isn't an game option, and it doesn't need to be accepted by your opponent.


----------


Extreme Ways wrote:However I do agree with the fact that it's not for teamgames. People will get bitter, maybe even hostile, because someone doesn't want to surrender. Therefore I dont think it's a good idea to extend the functionality to teamgames. I do support to extend the functionality to games where just 2 players play, with trench. This means both polymorphic and 1v1.


I am still more than happy to forget about resign button for team games and have the button only for 2 players. But your argument doesn't fit with what I know from team games.
When I play team games ( any settings) at some point I'll say to my teammate in the chat, "hope is lost, we can give up". If there might be a reason to fight I'll sometimes ask them, do you mind if we give up.
But it never ever happened to me that we have an actual argument about it. If someone say let's fight few more turn I oblige and then usually we're done after 2-3 turns no arguments.
Also, I've seen in many games,the one that actually could benefit from a resign button, people saying " gg we give up", or " gg you can take the obj" , or "gg finish it please". I am quite sure when my opponent says that in the chat, there is no one getting bitter.
No idea how it is in your clan game guys, but I really never fought about giving up in a team game, and it'll definitely never happen, even though I usually try to turn the game back long after it's over.
Image
User avatar
General Donelladan
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 189
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (13) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (28) Challenge Achievement (19) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Keefie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:04 am

I would raise no objections if this was limited to out of competition 1v1 games. I still think it should not apply to any clan or tribe 1v1's.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (16)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby nemapredaje on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:18 am

This is good idea.
Why?
When game is over why we need still play if evrybody see who is winner?
Freemiums will play more games and maybe they will more to purchase premium.
Who dont try ,they never know
User avatar
Colonel nemapredaje
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:20 am
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 am

IcePack wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.

This just further divides the playerbase. Think about using game finder on some select settings and then also having to select the resign button. Either it's there or it isn't, for me.


The difference here is it isn’t dividing the player base, but being applied to specific section community games. Not public ones. So not really dividing due to the option like some other options create for the rest of the games + site

I'm not sure if I follow. The guy I responded to, wanted it to be a setting like fog/no fog. If I misunderstood, please let me know.

Donelladan wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:However I do agree with the fact that it's not for teamgames. People will get bitter, maybe even hostile, because someone doesn't want to surrender. Therefore I dont think it's a good idea to extend the functionality to teamgames. I do support to extend the functionality to games where just 2 players play, with trench. This means both polymorphic and 1v1.


I am still more than happy to forget about resign button for team games and have the button only for 2 players. But your argument doesn't fit with what I know from team games.
When I play team games ( any settings) at some point I'll say to my teammate in the chat, "hope is lost, we can give up". If there might be a reason to fight I'll sometimes ask them, do you mind if we give up.
But it never ever happened to me that we have an actual argument about it. If someone say let's fight few more turn I oblige and then usually we're done after 2-3 turns no arguments.
Also, I've seen in many games,the one that actually could benefit from a resign button, people saying " gg we give up", or " gg you can take the obj" , or "gg finish it please". I am quite sure when my opponent says that in the chat, there is no one getting bitter.
No idea how it is in your clan game guys, but I really never fought about giving up in a team game, and it'll definitely never happen, even though I usually try to turn the game back long after it's over.

In organized clangames, it would be fine. However some people play teamgames with randoms and dont have the luxury of knowing their teammate, or even reading the chat. I think it could cause frustration, though I forgot that the CC-community is more mature than most online games.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3)
Tribe Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:58 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:This MUST not be allowed in clan or tribe games.

Over the years there have been a number of acrimonious splits in clans. Let's say an internal row erupts in a clan and half the clan decide to leave. Do they play out there remaining games in a professional manner or do they all resign in games they would win just to stick it to the other clan members.

I would go as far as saying that we would consider banning trench games from clan wars if this came to fruition.


Far more straightforward would be to simply have "No Resign Button" as a selectable option when creating games. Thus clan wars (and tournaments, and anybody else who hates this idea) could choose to disable the option.

This just further divides the playerbase. Think about using game finder on some select settings and then also having to select the resign button. Either it's there or it isn't, for me.


The difference here is it isn’t dividing the player base, but being applied to specific section community games. Not public ones. So not really dividing due to the option like some other options create for the rest of the games + site

I'm not sure if I follow. The guy I responded to, wanted it to be a setting like fog/no fog. If I misunderstood, please let me know.


If we actually implemented it so it couldn't happen in clan or tribe games, presumably it wouldn't be a game option, rather just something turned off behind the scenes without an option.

In organized clangames, it would be fine. However some people play teamgames with randoms and dont have the luxury of knowing their teammate, or even reading the chat. I think it could cause frustration, though I forgot that the CC-community is more mature than most online games.


I think in any reasonable implementation of a team resign option, it would only happen if everyone agreed.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 6682
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: California
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:36 am

let's see.. for me, the implementation of the resign button has been a huge success. As far as I know, no abuse were made, and it's been quite practical in many games.
I see no reason not to go one step forward, and use that resign button for other 1v1, poly and 2 team games. obviosly not in games involving more than 2 players/teams.
Having 100% of the team members having to resign is a very good idea. If they all agree, it means they all want to tank the game anyways.

How many people have been bitching about the resign button for years until it was implemented a few month ago? people just imagine a wide amount of scenarios that just never happen. Resign is better than deadbeat.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 9764
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 220
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (27) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (23) Tribe Achievement (9)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby DJENRE on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:57 am

Donelladan wrote:Can't find back the previous topic on resign/surrender button that lead to the implementation of the current resign button. But all the points you are making have already been debated.
We have a resign button already for speed trench game. This suggestion is about extending the same button for other settings.
What you are suggesting won't happen (imho) because the decision has already been made. Resign button isn't an game option, and it doesn't need to be accepted by your opponent.


I didn't konw it was debated that much and that the discussion was over. Seeing all comments, I only thought it could be the only solution to satisfy all players.

betiko wrote:Resign is better than deadbeat.

Nothing to add :D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Image
User avatar
Colonel DJENRE
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
Medals: 109
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3)
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Donelladan wrote:@IcePack
IcePack wrote:I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again:

I fundamentally disagree with people quitting the games. It’s one of the worst things that people do. Sitting around a table and someone refuses to continue to play just because they are losing is SUPER annoying.

It ruins the fun of the game and denies the winning person the fun of actually winning the game.

Others disagree and that’s fine, I’ve debated this many times now and they don’t care. If I’m the only person who feels it’s stupid and lame to smack the game board and get up and quit just because you’re losing that’s fine.


If you are playing an escalating game and you are going to swift the board in one or two turns I totally understand your point of view.
If you are playing a flat rate game and you just finally broke your oponent's bonus and are going to clean the board in 2-3 turns, I may also understand your point of view.
If you are playing a trench game, with a friend sitting at a table, 1vs1, and you actually broke all your opponents bonus, but you need 10 more turns to reach the last region of your opponent. And you expect your friend to sit 10 more turns seeing you take the region one by one. With him having single everywhere dropping 3 a turn, and you having a 40+ stack, collecting more than 15/ turns. Then in this case you are a cruel friend, and you've got weird friends. I know no human being that will be happy to be either of the player in the last situation.


-------------

@DJENRE

Can't find back the previous topic on resign/surrender button that lead to the implementation of the current resign button. But all the points you are making have already been debated.
We have a resign button already for speed trench game. This suggestion is about extending the same button for other settings.
What you are suggesting won't happen (imho) because the decision has already been made. Resign button isn't an game option, and it doesn't need to be accepted by your opponent.


----------


I'm a cruel friend, and have weird friends? Instead of debating the topic you want to insult? I'm sorry you are so desperate to force your own opinion on others, but there are people who feel differently then you. Maybe you dont realize it or understand it. But insulting people just because you disagree is low.

It wasn't "debated", I was arguing the opposing point and then don did what he did here again, spammed everyones wall's pushing support instead of neutral opinion seeking and got a bunch of people to drown out the opposing views so he could push the suggestion through. Same thing hes doing here again.
There was not actual "debate". Just don forcing his view on the subject
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13)
General Contribution (25)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby Donelladan on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Ok, I don't think saying you are cruel or that you've got weird friends is insulting you. It might be judgmental or inappropriate but not insulting.
Also I think illustrating with several examples is debating. And yes I think that forcing someone else sitting in front of you to wait patiently while you took his territory one by one for many turns ( i mean one turn after another) is cruel, and seriously I don't understand how you can say you'd do it in real life. I think you never played risk in trench in real life. It is pointless after a certain point, and no one would ever keep playing, that's all i was saying.
Also, I said "if you do so" not exactly saying that you are cruel, I don't think you'd actually do so.

And yes the resign button and all the possibilities and options about it have been debated, when I start walling people ( for the other, i am speaking previous topic not this one) the topic was already several dozens of page long. I only pushed towards its implementation, I didn't really care the conditions surrounding the implantation.

I find you extremely sensitive on that particular subject.
Image
User avatar
General Donelladan
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 189
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (13) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (28) Challenge Achievement (19) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Donelladan wrote:and seriously I don't understand how you can say you'd do it in real life. I think you never played risk in trench in real life. It is pointless after a certain point, and no one would ever keep playing, that's all i was saying. Also, I said "if you do so" not exactly saying that you are cruel, I don't think you'd actually do so.

And yes the resign button and all the possibilities and options about it have been debated, when I start walling people ( for the other, i am speaking previous topic not this one) the topic was already several dozens of page long. I only pushed towards its implementation, I didn't really care the conditions surrounding the implantation.

I find you extremely sensitive on that particular subject.


Yeah, I do that IRL with my friends. And they are also happy to do so. Some of the most fun moments while playing games are when you are rolling the last dice and they "know" they are dead, and you can enjoy the final moments of victory or you trash talk or make some amazing roll in defense as the loser and it really doesn't matter but you can use it as smack talk as you aren't focused on the game anymore, just enjoying the fun now that its reaching its conclusion.

I play games of all kinds. I have played games since I was little. I design games, I beta test new games, I play board games, RPG's, miniatures, online games, offline games, I go to gaming conventions, I have helped design iOS app games, my brother does so professionally, and in nearly all games quitting when you start to lose is considered bad form. The classic example I hear from people (I know mets has brought it up in the past as has others) is "well its common for people to resign in chess". But this isn't chess. And if we wanted chess, we'd be on a chess website. Its not a common thing in Risk, or other board games. Maybe its common with the group you play, I know I would never play with a group like yours if thats how you play at your table.

The difference here is, I'm saying both sides and approaches should be considered. You consider the debate over and just forcing your version of how you want the game to be in this regards and drowning out the other side by saying its debated already and mass contacting people to voice "support". When in fact it wasn't "debated", you disregarded others opinions and then forced the suggestion through your way.

So yeah, I'm sensative. I'm sensative because you blatantly disregard others opinions, you are forcing your version of the game on others, and its something that not everyone wants regardless of what your opinion on the matter is. It took DJENRE only a few minutes to come to the same conclusion as I did in the previous "debate" on how to reach a middle ground, allowing people to accept / reject resignations. Instead you dismiss it and again force your way. I'm not trying to force my way, I'm simply stating that there are others who feel differently then you and it would be great to make it a place and website where both opinions and side can play and enjoy themselves.

I understand you are goign to dismiss any concerns or disagree with anyone who posts against you, but instead of hearing the other side your shutting them out. I'm sorry but "its complicated to impliment" is a BS excuse. Lots of complicated things get coded here every day. If you can't do it right, then maybe its not wroth doing. Or both sides can work together to get the "complicated" version implimented instead of being at odds with one another. But instead, we spend our time arguing and fighting here and one side is completely and entirely dismissed.
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13)
General Contribution (25)

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby riskllama on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:59 pm

how about if you chose to use it, you'd lose more points? say 5% more? i dunno...
Image
nietzsche is awesome
User avatar
Captain riskllama
 
Posts: 5129
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users