Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby qwertylpc on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 pm

then dont let noobs play it, they are the ones joining the games, there fault
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
User avatar
Major qwertylpc
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:00 am

qwertylpc wrote:then dont let noobs play it, they are the ones joining the games, there fault

if that reasoning didn't stop Admin from perma-banning a Conquerer then it won't work here either.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby sdkenned on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm

The positives seem to outweigh the negatives.
Major sdkenned
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 am
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Territory Choice In Games

Postby Eddygp on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Concise description:
  • Granting the possibility, as a new possible Gameplay option, to choose the territories you start with

Specifics/Details:
  • Manual initial troops let you decide where to deploy the troops you start with, but another option to choose the territories you start with should be available too.
  • Before starting the game with this gameplay option, the player would be asked to choose a certain number of territories, and once he/she finishes, to deploy manually his/her troops or automatically, depending on the game setting.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Most quadruples, triples or doubles games would benefit from this due to strategical situation, and it would also help standard games in case one player has a particular strategy that he likes.
  • It would give more flexibility to players when starting a game and thus giving a chance to those who prefer strategical positioning to other factors currently available.
User avatar
Private Eddygp
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Yes.
Medals: 4
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:48 pm

MERGED
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3470
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

The Real Manual deployment

Postby Armandolas on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am

Concise description:
  • Before i discovered CC i used to play Risk online.When the game started we had to "truly" manually deploy our troops across the board. And when i mean manually it is really choose the territories where we wanted to be.Then after that is finished, we would place the number of troops wanted, in the previous selected regions.

Specifics/Details:
  • I was quite surprised that CC wouldnt have this option

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It adds a lot more strategy to the game because you really need to choose where to deploy, instead of it being randomly distributed . That situation allows unbalanced and unfair gameplay. With this the factor of luck is reduced
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: The Real Manual deployment

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 am

Ya we used to do this with the board game. everyone would go for australia :D

What happens when someone misses the deployment stage? would it take many rounds to place troops before the game even started?
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: The Real Manual deployment

Postby Armandolas on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

jsnyder748 wrote:Ya we used to do this with the board game. everyone would go for australia :D

What happens when someone misses the deployment stage? would it take many rounds to place troops before the game even started?


You are right, we used to play real time games with time limit(like speed here) and also in the board me and my friends did that.
I guess this would be more apropriated in speed games
Last edited by Armandolas on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: The Real Manual deployment

Postby HardAttack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am

Armandolas wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:Ya we used to do this with the board game. everyone would go for australia :D

What happens when someone misses the deployment stage? would it take many rounds to place troops before the game even started?


You are right, we used to play real time games with time limit(like speed here) and also in the board me and my friends this that.
I guess this would be more apropriated in speed games


armandolas =D> i am with you here,
i have got a few questions, allow me please...

how is the territory pick session going to work ?
1 by 1 fashion ? 1 you, 1 your opponent, then 1 you again and so on ?
If not, what way else ?
O:)
Image
2014-04-01 18:07:50 - Clive has won 1 Auburn Conquer Star
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Real Manual deployment

Postby Armandolas on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 am

HardAttack wrote:armandolas =D> i am with you here,
i have got a few questions, allow me please...

how is the territory pick session going to work ?
1 by 1 fashion ? 1 you, 1 your opponent, then 1 you again and so on ?
If not, what way else ?
O:)


yes, it should be turn based...i wonder how FS would turn...a real rush to the gold...heheh
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby chapcrap on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9576
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby spiesr on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Last edited by spiesr on Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added another.
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby waltero on Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I have suggested a few ideas on manual deployment. Time factor (in game play) was not an issue.
Might not of been the best idea (I do think it was a good suggestion).

Some of the responses I got were; This, manual set up would be similar to copying the initial placement of other board games.

Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Seems like any Idea would be better than RANDOM!
Not a whole lot of thought was put into the current ''Random set up''.
CC feels it is good enough and I am sure the Coding (to implement change) is a big problem for them.

All Suggestions should be Basic and simple.
Nobody wants to put the man hours in to improve this game.

It is a simple basic fun game. Lets keep it that way.
Once you start to add Variants and the like it gets a bit more complicated. Might take away the power of the dice.
User avatar
Cadet waltero
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Frisco
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 pm

waltero wrote:I have suggested a few ideas on manual deployment. Time factor (in game play) was not an issue.
Might not of been the best idea (I do think it was a good suggestion).

Some of the responses I got were; This, manual set up would be similar to copying the initial placement of other board games.

Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Seems like any Idea would be better than RANDOM!
Not a whole lot of thought was put into the current ''Random set up''.
CC feels it is good enough and I am sure the Coding (to implement change) is a big problem for them.

All Suggestions should be Basic and simple.
Nobody wants to put the man hours in to improve this game.

It is a simple basic fun game. Lets keep it that way.
Once you start to add Variants and the like it gets a bit more complicated. Might take away the power of the dice.

the biggest issue with this is the time it would take to start a game. time is not a factor when you are all sitting at the dining table but here, where we have 24 hours to take a turn, 8 players, a large map. it could be several months before the game starts.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby Fazeem on Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

greenoaks wrote:
waltero wrote:I have suggested a few ideas on manual deployment. Time factor (in game play) was not an issue.
Might not of been the best idea (I do think it was a good suggestion).

Some of the responses I got were; This, manual set up would be similar to copying the initial placement of other board games.

Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Seems like any Idea would be better than RANDOM!
Not a whole lot of thought was put into the current ''Random set up''.
CC feels it is good enough and I am sure the Coding (to implement change) is a big problem for them.

All Suggestions should be Basic and simple.
Nobody wants to put the man hours in to improve this game.

It is a simple basic fun game. Lets keep it that way.
Once you start to add Variants and the like it gets a bit more complicated. Might take away the power of the dice.

the biggest issue with this is the time it would take to start a game. time is not a factor when you are all sitting at the dining table but here, where we have 24 hours to take a turn, 8 players, a large map. it could be several months before the game starts.

Simplest solution to that issue is make it a Premium only Speed Game only Feature. I say this as a Loyal Freemium that such additional benefits and gameplay types could be the tipping point where I would find a way to justify budgeting in the money for premium membership. In all honesty I am surprised that more of the great suggestion I see here are not implemented as Premium only features, I would think that would definitely make Premium more enticing the more benefits and special features offered with it.
User avatar
Lieutenant Fazeem
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:38 pm
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login