Conquer Club

[GO] Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Fircoal on Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:44 pm

sully800 wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:The downside

world map 2.0

1-1-07 00:00:00 Game Initiated

<snip>

1-6-10 23:59:59 Game incremented to round 1

lol

^^^Fixed

lol
Captain Fircoal

Postby Wisse on Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:47 pm

max is gr8 wrote:The downside

world map 2.0

<snip>

1-6-07 23:59:59 Game incremented to round 1

lol

nah better be this:

1 chosed 3 country's
2 chosed 3 country's
3 failed to chosed 3 country's (time up)
4 failed to chosed 3 country's
<skiped>
3 gets muttiple choice to chose 3 country's :P
<skiped>
4 is kicked out of the game for not choosing countrys
<skipped>

1-6-07 23:59:59 Game incremented to round 1
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!

Postby killza666jrr on Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:58 pm

THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!THATS a SWEET IDEA!!!
Private 1st Class killza666jrr

Postby spiesr on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Problem=If choosing 1 at a time takes long time, if choosing sveral whoever goes first get's advantage, also what happens if you miss round?
Captain spiesr

Postby Bad Speler on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm

This sounds like a bad idea, but could be good with the real time option once that is implemented.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Army Place Phase??? Like Original Risk?

Postby AnthraX1 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Is there an option to not have the pieces randomized in the beggining, becaouse in the original risk I found this the most fun and important part of the game, I am pretty new to conquerclub so I do not know if this is possible?..?
Cadet AnthraX1

Re: Army Place Phase??? Like Original Risk?

Postby Ehriggn on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:48 pm

AnthraX1 wrote:Is there an option to not have the pieces randomized in the beggining, becaouse in the original risk I found this the most fun and important part of the game, I am pretty new to conquerclub so I do not know if this is possible?..?

I'd like that option too!
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Postby joystickgenie on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:09 am

I would like this as well. but it would be exceedingly annoying with the 24 hour time to take your turn. You could be a week in and still not finished setting up the board.

Shinobi Nations
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Cadet joystickgenie

Postby boberz on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:16 am

you could organise it freestyle and anybody who does not place within the time limit gets chucked out
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby moz976 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:04 am

Initial troop deployment is already on the to do list. Check it out at the top of this forum.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby wrightfan123 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:38 pm

awesome! this will be the best site ever in the histoey of the world again now!

*leans over to avatar*

What's that Kermit?

*leans back*

Kermit likes the idea too... :P
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Manual Territory Selection: Choose or Draft Territories

Postby Hoosiers21 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm

[MOD EDIT: The suggestion to allow players to manually select territories has been brought up many times. The suggestion has never been implemented primarily because it would take a long time for games to begin. Of course, the common response to this is that it would only be an option, and users would play at their own risk. This thread is the result of merging several identical suggestions that make no changes other than to allow manual territory selection. Variations on this theme are indexed below.

One option that would decrease these concerns would be to allow this option only for speed games. The main concern here (and when this idea is brought up in response to many of the suggestions here) is that many users say they would not like/play this option as it would prolong "speed" games. Another response is that speed game-only features benefit a relatively small number of the users on this site.

Another option would allow this only for private games.

Please note that having each player submit a preference list won't work either. Territory selection in the second and later rounds is often conditional on what was selected in previous rounds.

If you see a suggestion that should be merged here, please post a link or inform a moderator.

Thank you,

agentcom]

[On Feb 25, 2013 this post that actually used the form was made]

sdkenned wrote:
Concise description:

At the start of the game, rather than receiving random starting territories, players take turns drafting territories.

Specifics/Details:

The boardgame RISK allowed gamers to choose whether starting territories would be randomly distributed or drafted deliberatly by players, in turn.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

An initial territory draft would add a huge strategic component to Conquer Club otherwise lacking.

Sorry if this has been suggested before i dont really post too often on the boards but I just had a suggestion...

I'd like to see a gameplay option to be able to manually pick what territories you start off with. Computer will manually pick who goes first, they pick one territory, the opponent picks their territory, etc....Could be limited to just 1 v 1 games, or could expand into 3,4,5,6 player games. I think it could help put more strategy into the game instead of sometimes relying on someone getting a lucky drop.
Major Hoosiers21

Postby Hoosiers21 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:52 pm

to not cause any confusion, as i could see a question and answer type thing, here's how i could see it working, as i used to play it while playing regular RISK.

Depending on how many players are in the game, there will be a set number of armies everyone gets to start with (RISK instructions have the numbers i believe? correct me if i'm wrong)
player 1 puts one army on the territory he wants. player 2 then puts one army on the territory he wants (can't be one already chosen), and the process is repeated until all of the territories are chosen. The players then can put the rest of their armies wherever they want on their territories. So, player 1 could put his remaining number of armies all on one of his territories, and player 2 could distribute them out evenly.

I think this could create a much more enjoyable game as opposed to random assignments and 3 armies on every territory. As stated before, this brings in a lot more strategy. What do you all think??
Major Hoosiers21

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 pm

I suggested this before, and I think it was rejected. They said it would take too much time to pick.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby yorkiepeter on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Yeah good idea - if playing rt.

Otherwise setting the game up would take forever. Waiting a few days for a turn is 1 thinh but a few days to add 1 army to 1 territory then waiting a few days to do the same again. <yawn>

Can you imagine how long that would take on world 2?
Colonel yorkiepeter

Postby Hoosiers21 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 pm

haha i was just thinking about this before i saw these posts but you are correct if it was a regular game it could take forever to set up armies...

but an idea i have is that it be similar to a rt game, at least to establish the territories. I think as the game option, a requirement must be that you be present until the game starts. So if you start the game, you must wait until it is full (meaning you can't just start a bunch of these game types and then leave). They could be set-up in forums or you could just limit it to 1v1 games b/c i know most of the time people who make and join 1v1 games are looking for quick games and there isn't much waiting around. Another other suggestions or thoughts?

edit: I suggest there be a 5-10 minute time limit on each turn for choosing territories (unless another time constraint is agreed upon) so as to limit the time it takes to get one of these games going. If that time limit is exceeded once, the computer will randomly pick a territory for that person, and if it exceeded twice, the rest of the territories for that player will be randomly assigned.
Major Hoosiers21

Postby Tom2891 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Good idea...I was thinking this when I first started playing. sometimes people get lucky with a little cove with only one or two areas needed to fortify a territory.
Cook Tom2891

Draft Territories

Postby WalkingShadow on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:49 pm

How about a draft-style option of Picking your territories at the start of a game, that way draw isn't so much a big part of the game and won't start of with Austrailia or S.a. at the start.
Sergeant WalkingShadow

Postby Herakilla on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:51 pm

been suggested please use the search link
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby WalkingShadow on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:53 pm

What. and why wasn't is accepted.
Sergeant WalkingShadow

Postby Herakilla on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm

i think the main reason is games would take so long to start (you can only pick one territory at a time so you gotta wait for others) and if some1 never came back the game would never start
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby WalkingShadow on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:08 pm

How about only in speed games
Sergeant WalkingShadow

Postby Herakilla on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:12 pm

that could be done but most people dont want their speed games to be drawn out so long. i really dont play speed games often because i rarely have time

the main problem with the suggestion is the time it needs for each game

most of my friends would expect a speed game to start and end within a half hour but some maps would require a half hour sometimes just to start and then theres people who dont have the best connections and all that
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby WalkingShadow on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:13 pm

yeah, i see the complications with it now But i'm sure there is some way to make it happen and not make it time-consuming. Would be cool in my opinion.
Sergeant WalkingShadow

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:16 pm

I believe the better suggestions were that the first turn of each game you had X in hand - and you deployed them all to wherever you wanted - only seeing a sea of 1's on eveyone else's territories - once everyone had chosen their territories then the game begins...

I believe also that an extra DB rule was added - i.e. if you missed your deploy turn - you were booted from the game and 1 player was removed... I can't remember how this was to work for team games tho!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Next

Return to Suggestions