Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Drop game option, if a certain point difference is prese

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Another person looking for a way to have an even, fun game.

lack, do you hear all of these requests?

Except rank does not really give you that information. Besides, too many higher ranked people will just refuse to play the lower ranks, meaning it will be even harder to climb the ladder.

I disagree. WIth rank segregation, it would be easier to climb the ladder.

If you have a pool of 100 players all ranked the same, the better players will rise to top and increase in rank, thus getting to play with the next group up. This would happen with all of the groups.

This isn't just speculation. This is from years of playing Yahoo! games like Spades and that's how it works there. If they didn't have a point cap at 3500 on Yahoo, people would have a ridiculous amount of points.

I have played those other games, also for years.. and I have played CC for several years. Spades has nothing to do with CC.

The reason rank matters little here is not the scoring, its the fact that we have so many different maps. Only if you play the same maps, styles with people who play those same maps, styles consistantly AND you play enough to overshadow the natural luck factor, only then does it really matter.

To compare a team, esc spoils on classic map with a 6 player assassin, no spoils on Fuedal or a 1 vs 1 with Nuke spoils on Waterloo, etc. ... they just don't compare.

Even if you have the exact same settings, you only get a real skill difference once you have played quite a few games. 100 with the same person, sure. !00 with different people on different maps.. no way!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Fair Games between Ranks

Postby betiko on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:37 pm

i think it s a very good idea.
Major betiko

Postby anonymus on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I will say that an option for low ranked, new players to exclude established players probably has few drawbacks -- if you want to play your first few games against low rankers until you get the hang of it, you should be able to do so. We just won't implement an option where it's available to everyone for any game.

perfect compromise!
lowranks/newbies are protected from evil predators and the paying customers of this site still don't get what they want/have been suggesting for years.. everyone happy!

implement ASAP!

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby gordon1975 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:49 pm

just join games last,then you play whatever rank you want,problem solved. TRA DA!!
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
Lieutenant gordon1975

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:55 pm

you have option called >private games<, there you can create game,and invite all low ranks for you.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:02 pm

socxc9 wrote:Concise description:
How nice, do you think, is it when you see a game that looks like this? The cadet is crossed out and the field marshal has won the game. Fair? I don't think so. The field marshal has no business fighting cadets and the cadet has no business losing points. I propose that, as part of the "Start a Game" form, a range of ranks can be put in to help cadets fight cadets, and field marshals fight field marshals.

You assume rank equals skill. It doesn't unless you stick to the same types of maps, the same style. (same spoils option, same game type, etc.)

Beyond that, poorer players playing good players is a way to learn. If you only play people who are your equal or worse, how will you ever improve?

That said, I have advocated some kind of very broad limits, optional, in suggestions. So have other people. These suggestions have always been turned down. I suggest you go back and look at those threads for the reasons.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:11 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
socxc9 wrote:Concise description:
How nice, do you think, is it when you see a game that looks like this? The cadet is crossed out and the field marshal has won the game. Fair? I don't think so. The field marshal has no business fighting cadets and the cadet has no business losing points. I propose that, as part of the "Start a Game" form, a range of ranks can be put in to help cadets fight cadets, and field marshals fight field marshals.

You assume rank equals skill. It doesn't unless you stick to the same types of maps, the same style. (same spoils option, same game type, etc.)

Beyond that, poorer players playing good players is a way to learn. If you only play people who are your equal or worse, how will you ever improve?

That said, I have advocated some kind of very broad limits, optional, in suggestions. So have other people. These suggestions have always been turned down. I suggest you go back and look at those threads for the reasons.

well said!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 am

Rank restrictions are pointless precisely because rank does not reflect skill accurately.

That said, if it's something a majority of players want, it should be implemented. I mean, you can already create private games, and you can already choose who you play against, so giving people the option to create rank-restricted games probably wouldn't mean that all the games would suddenly become rank-restricted. There would still be people who would create games that are open to everyone, just like there are still public games even though you can create private ones.

Hm, maybe the rank-restriction option should be restricted to premium players, like private games are now.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm

i can't take this crap anymore... start a game someone joins... If they suck, beat em down... if you can't then you have no reason to complain in the first place....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby wildwilliam on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm

You could use the callouts forum. Create a private game and only give the password to people you want to play.
Corporal wildwilliam

Ratings Lock to Join Games?

Postby northeastern on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 am

I'm not sure if this would work, could be done, or if its even been tried before for that matter. But I'm wondering if when you start a game, one of the setting options could be a minimum rating to join. :?: I think we've all had a bad experience with a new player who's just trying things out and decides its not for him or a straight troublemaker that seems to be sabotaging games, or a player- who through no fault of their own- is totally clueless. These players dont have ratings or are rated low for a reason. A piece of me tells me there is a reason why it hasnt been done already. I'm interested in your thoughts my Brothers and Sisters of the dice!
" And may The Good Dice be with you always "--Yoda voice
Corporal 1st Class northeastern

Re: Ratings Lock to Join Games?

Postby zimmah on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 am

a lot of players want it, but the admins dont want it.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby barackattack on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 am

Divide players up according to ranking? And then what... Non-premium players penned into their own area of the site? Female players given 'junior' status in any team match they play and reduced influence in decision making? Work camps for Cooks who wish to remain on this site?
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 am

why don't you go to suggestions where this belongs and where it has been suggested a multitude of times...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby northeastern on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

My apologies that this is in the wrong section. I wasnt sure if this was an actual suggestion or not. More of a weighing of pros and cons I guess.
Corporal 1st Class northeastern

Postby zimmah on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 pm

barackattack wrote:Divide players up according to ranking? And then what... Non-premium players penned into their own area of the site? Female players given 'junior' status in any team match they play and reduced influence in decision making? Work camps for Cooks who wish to remain on this site?

and this is coming from someone with an avatar saying equality is for ugly losers?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby barackattack on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 pm

zimmah wrote:
barackattack wrote:Divide players up according to ranking? And then what... Non-premium players penned into their own area of the site? Female players given 'junior' status in any team match they play and reduced influence in decision making? Work camps for Cooks who wish to remain on this site?

and this is coming from someone with an avatar saying equality is for ugly losers?

I wasn't complaining.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby b00060 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm

EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!
Major b00060

Postby blakebowling on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:32 am

This has been rejected again and again. It simply isn't going to happen.

Archived.
Private blakebowling

Postby westbo on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 pm

rule 2 10145881 happends often what to do
Major westbo

Postby demonfork on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:44 pm

So when I dropped to cadet after being Conqueror I wouldn't have been able to play a Field Marshal if this proposed rule would have been in effect?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby demonfork on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

demonfork wrote:So when I dropped to cadet after being Conqueror I wouldn't have been able to play a Field Marshal if this proposed rule would have been in effect?

Thought that would shut this lame idea down...guess I was right.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:50 am

demonfork wrote:
demonfork wrote:So when I dropped to cadet after being Conqueror I wouldn't have been able to play a Field Marshal if this proposed rule would have been in effect?

Thought that would shut this lame idea down...guess I was right.

I just got so confused because I can't envision you being a cadet. You are just far too talented.
Lieutenant chapcrap

MAKE THIS FOR CC PLS

Postby SaviorShot on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Make it where you can put a block on the players that can join your game( based on there points) ... U kno make it where u can have it on/off Customize it ... Im tired of Cooks and privates joining my games and winning due to awesome dice (which im not complaing about dice it comes and goes for all of us) and takes 40 pts from you ... sum1 pls make this applicatin or tell me why it cant be made?
Colonel SaviorShot

Re: MAKE THIS FOR CC PLS

Postby blakebowling on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

It wouldn't be a tool, so I'm moving this to regular Suggestions.

Also, it most likely won't be done, as it has been rejected in the past.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions