Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: LOW RANKED PLAYERS BLOCKED

Postby Skiman on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 am

I like this idea. Here's an idea I like even more: be able to set a threshold rating for players. Say, only players with a rating over 4.5 can join your game, or 4.8 - or whatever. That would be great
Lieutenant Skiman

Postby InsomniaRed on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 am

If you are going to continue to talk about it at least do a search first to find existing threads #-o
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 am

Just do what Greatwhite does and stick anyone on foe who has the remotest chance of beating you. Then slither and slime into their team games without telling them you have them on foe. play alongside them, yes I said alongside them, while you have them on foe, pick up the points and slither and slime back off.

This way you only ever lose to those who get really lucky. Otherwise you just go round farming.

See it's easy, just follow that great player's way of doing things and you too can gain the reputation to die for across the ranks high and low. You also solve the problem mentioned in this thread.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby aspalm on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Funny you mention it, Fruitcake. Greatwhite also put me on his foe list for no apparent reason. Oh wait, maybe it's because I beat him 8 out of the 8 games we played. =D>
Major aspalm

Postby cicero on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:45 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:I await your first intelligent post to be made in these forums.

And I await your first remotely civil one.
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Game Finder Enhancement

Postby Inhuman14 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Concise description:
  • My proposal would add a feature to the Game Finder - Average Rank.

Specifics:
  • This feature will allow users to find games with an average player rank and rating within the parameters that they specify.
  • Let's face it - Most people who don't join games that are too high or too low for them in rank are just going to waste their time searching manually for a game that seems challenging enough for them. I know I get ticked when my search results turn out a zillion Feudal War games that were created by cooks. (no offense cooks, but a large portion of you are indeed poor players).

Oh, I also had an idea for a search based on rating level. Any takers?

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • User-friendliness
  • Game Finder power/flexibility
Ideas in progress:
Average points count of enemies in profile page
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=70340&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Corporal Inhuman14

Re: Game Finder Enhancement

Postby Inhuman14 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Bump. Yes/no, peeps.
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

Postby denominator on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:11 am

It's a good idea in the sense that you can join games against players that are of rank that you'd like to play, but I see a glaring issue.

You have no control over who joins after you. Which means if you are joining games against equal ranked players, some high ranked player could jump in after you and dominate the game, or a low ranked player could jump in and possibly cost you more points.

For this to be effective, you'd also have to add restrictions on who can join your games after you. Which means that the Join A Game option is no longer open to everybody, and would actually complicate the game finder more than simplify it.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Thezzaruz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:23 am

denominator wrote:For this to be effective, you'd also have to add restrictions on who can join your games after you. Which means that the Join A Game option is no longer open to everybody, and would actually complicate the game finder more than simplify it.

I don't see that being an issue at all. If you want games with only your own rank then go to call outs, if you want help on finding games that seems suitable to you then this suggestion would help.

That said, even if I can see this suggestion being a helpful one I don't see the need for it. IMO there are many other suggestions, both on the to-do list and being discussed in the forum, that should hold higher priority.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Inhuman14 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Yeah, priority on this is a little low. And it's instead of being able to specify what ranks can join your games. Since that was rejected, I figured this would be an acceptable and time-saving alternative.
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

blocking specified ranks and below

Postby nick11 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:33 am

I wish we had the ability to block a specific rank and all ranks below. It gets aggravating to play a noob and get a one star ranking across the board for no reason. Even though 3 stars are suppose to be average, everyone looks at 5 stars as being acceptable. It makes it nice to play equal ranks so that when you lose, you don't lose 70 points and if you win all you get is 7. I know, I know, private games. that gets old after awhile.

come on, give me the option to block the ranks i want to avoid.
Last edited by nick11 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant nick11

Re: blocking specified ranks and below

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:35 am

nick11 wrote:I wish we had the ability to block a specific rank and all ranks below. It get aggravating to play a noob and get a one star ranking across the board for no reason. Even though 3 stars are suppose to be average, everyone looks at 5 stars as being acceptable. It makes it nice to play equal ranks so that when you lose, you don't lose 70 points and if you win all you get is 7. I know, I know, private games. that gets old after awhile.

come on, give me the option to block the ranks i want to avoid.

discussed several times, search is your friend... go to suggestions and fill out a form, if you are serious about it... GOOD LUCK!!!..-6cd
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby White Moose on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:35 am

Won't ever happen.

lackattack don't want to discreminate players because of rank. Which is very understandable. If you want to play with people of a particular rank. Then play private games.

[Edit]Dang, owen, you beat me to it :P [/Edit]
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Dancing Mustard on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:51 am

White Moose wrote:lackattack don't want to discreminate players because of rank.
Meh,

He once said he wanted to 'keep rank out of the forums', but now we're all wreathed with clouds of medals and have ranks displayed next to our usernames.

If enough high-rankers make enough noise about the absence of a 'class-filter', then it'll get done (or at least get put onto the to-do-list of things that don't get done).
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:54 am

I suggest you click on every single person's profile, and foe them each individually.

I would tell you how to foe pretty much all cooks and cadets in under 5 minutes (unless you have a really crappy computer... this does work owen, since I have done it... takes a whole lot longer to undo though, so no "just not true" comments this time), but I agree with the other posters, not going to happen, and there is no use for it.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Stephan Wayne on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:23 pm

even i know this has been done a million times
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Rating Filter For Game Hosts

Postby Rekatan on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I host a lot of speed games and rarely have a 4.4> player that sticks out the game. It either ends with a suicide or a deadbeat. If not that then the player is simply unpleasant to play with.

It'd be very helpful if we could set some parameters as hosts for who is and isn't allowed to play in a game based on rating.

This would not only provide more enjoyable games but also would give more weight to the rating system as a whole, and consequently improve many player's attitude towards the game as they strive to avoid a low rating.
Colonel Rekatan

Game Finder with average scores of the players in the game

Postby letitrock on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Request to Add game finder (search) option with the average scores of the players in the game

Specifics:
I saw the recent changes (updates) in game finder that now you can search the games with the participant user. That is very good but what I would like to suggest is

Some kind of search functionality that find the average score of the users currently in the game.

So for example, it is a 4 player game and there are currently 2 players with scores 1000 and 500, the average score will be ( 1000 + 500) / 2 = 750 points.

And, if I put the search criteria to search the games with average points between 700 and 1000 points (for example), that particular game will show up ( because it point is 750 ).

What do you guys think?
Lieutenant letitrock

Re: Game Finder with average scores of the players in the game

Postby gundiesalvo on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:36 pm

This would be nice.
Corporal gundiesalvo

Re: Game Finder with average scores of the players in the game

Postby The Neon Peon on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 pm

I personally just look through the games by hand and do not join if the average rank is under captain at least. But it would be helpful.

Still leads to too much rank segregation.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Re: Rating Filter For Game Hosts

Postby Fireside Poet on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 pm

I second this. =D>
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 pm

I think this is a good idea, but what about the people with only a few ratings? Isn't it kind of unfair if you run into one of those people who leaves all 1s and maybe a couple of them to have a 4.4 rating?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Fireside Poet on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 pm

There could be a base number built in, such as ratings with players who have played 50 games or something like that - not sure where the boundary would be, but this would be a great way to have the ratings actually have some sort of cause and effect... I have a 3.8 cook in a speed game right now that has already deadbeated out and if there was a way to weed out someone like that, I'd be all for it.
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby Artimis on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:14 am

I like it, I also second this suggestion.

Perhaps it will also encourage good players with bad attitudes to mend their ways if they thought their lack of manners and etiquette would have consequences for their eligibility to join ratings restricted games........
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby aliakber1001 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:33 am

i agree. when is this shit going to take place?
every time i join a game. some retard with a 4.1 or 4 rating joins on my team and then acts like a retard.
i am sick of this shit. fix this crappy sytem
oh and limiting games by rank wouldnt be a bad idea also. i am sick of cooks and privates joining on my team
Click image to enlarge.
Captain aliakber1001

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions