Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Start a game option

Postby sailorseal on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Harley_Zizo wrote:Thank you for the answer, but i still believe this option should be reconsidered. It will sure eliminate a lot of problems.

I agree
Cook sailorseal

Postby king54 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 am

Playing against higher ranking players is how new players gain experience. Why should that experience be restricted just because higher ranking players assume the new players will deadbeat? If you want only high ranking players, go private!
Corporal 1st Class king54

Postby sailorseal on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Maybe lower ranks want a high rank challenge?
Cook sailorseal

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 am

This is why we have threads with games for people with +XXXX score ... In your case plus 2500
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Make a rank barrier for game entry

Postby Shai on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:20 am

Concise description:
  • Give the option for minimum score required to join game - this way officer mess games can be public and not risk being plagued by newbies, low rankers etc.

Specifics:
  • just place a check box for under / over 1600 points, or even a specific rank number

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • No risk of newbies or deadbeats ruining a game
  • Easier to implement the "turn the game to public" issue - if a few highrankers want to take on the newbs :)
  • More diverse officer mess games, where evryone can rumble
Why Search?
http://WWW.allmyfaves.com

Gooooooo Wizards!
Lieutenant Shai

Re: Make a rank barrier for game entry

Postby Joodoo on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:34 am

since you're premium, just make private games and ask ppl to pm you if they want the password...
and I'm still against rank segregation, I like playing with any rank anytime...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Re: Make a rank barrier for game entry

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 am

Joodoo wrote:since you're premium, just make private games and ask ppl to pm you if they want the password...
and I'm still against rank segregation, I like playing with any rank anytime...

His suggestion really wouldn't stop you from doing so, you realize...right?
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Harley_Zizo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 pm

king54 wrote:Playing against higher ranking players is how new players gain experience. Why should that experience be restricted just because higher ranking players assume the new players will deadbeat? If you want only high ranking players, go private!

Well, the answer got 2 parts:

1- It ain't about being deadbeat. From my experience, the new players turn vindictive and mess games up. Not to mention using rating option after the game as sort of vengeance.
In many of higher players cases, the points won in a game with 3+ ranks lower players are less than the number of points lost.

2- Why not playing private ? Try starting a private game and tell me how fast it will fill. I like to play speed games whenever I have the time, and it is basically almost impossible to have players fill the seats in 1 or even 3 hours.

I believe there must be a solution for those issues, if not with adding the ranking options, maybe using a different sort of points scored (win or loss)

Thanks,
H-Z
Major Harley_Zizo

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Harley_Zizo wrote:2- Why not playing private ? Try starting a private game and tell me how fast it will fill. I like to play speed games whenever I have the time, and it is basically almost impossible to have players fill the seats in 1 or even 3 hours.

If there aren't any high ranking players who want to play speed games, how would this filter help at all? If the players are there, then make a private game and PM them. Keep a list of people you've played, and message all of them when you want to play. Works well.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Harley_Zizo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:41 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:
Harley_Zizo wrote:2- Why not playing private ? Try starting a private game and tell me how fast it will fill. I like to play speed games whenever I have the time, and it is basically almost impossible to have players fill the seats in 1 or even 3 hours.

If there aren't any high ranking players who want to play speed games, how would this filter help at all? If the players are there, then make a private game and PM them. Keep a list of people you've played, and message all of them when you want to play. Works well.

The thing is that good player tend to stay away of games with lower ranked players (meaning, once a low ranked player joins a speed game I start, most of higher rated players stay away)
As for keeping on messaging other players to join a private game, I believe that this is considering spamming and is against the rules.
Major Harley_Zizo

Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????

Postby GreazzzzMaster on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 pm

just an idea i came up with....

when you are starting a game, there could be a drop down menu that allows you to choose what ranks may enter your games
or what ranks and higher.

i feel like this will eliminate getting noobed due to unfair drops or unlucky dice or something

might be a terrible idea but i definitely wish it was there

would push people into higher ranks and make for some good scoreboard battles i think.

just thinking out loud

thanks for the time,
Greazzzz
Major GreazzzzMaster

Re: Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????

Postby skaterchild3 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I think this is a horrible Idea. If you play team games and you have that option, it would prevent lower ranks (Privates, Cadets, Cooks, Recruits) From ever finding a match. Eventually causing them to give up and quit.
TheProwler wrote:I love talking about myself.

Haywood Jablomie wrote:your dice are slaying me!!!
Cook skaterchild3

Postby Woodruff on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:14 pm

skaterchild3 wrote:I think this is a horrible Idea. If you play team games and you have that option, it would prevent lower ranks (Privates, Cadets, Cooks, Recruits) From ever finding a match. Eventually causing them to give up and quit.

They wouldn't be able to play each other? Lord knows they could always play me, since I'm perpetually stuck below Sergeant.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby GreazzzzMaster on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:20 pm

they could definitely play eachother and people that are still cooks after playing so many games should not be getting rewarded with so many points for accidentally beating a much higher rank.

i feel like the people that are actually trying to get their rank up and get on the scoreboard shouldnt have to worry about getting beaten by someone that obviously isnt worried as much about their rank or theyre not getting the hang of the game or whatever the reason may be

i have been beaten plenty of times by low ranked people with over 500 games completed and a shitty win percentage due to the drop and the dice....and i think that is completely unfair

Greazzzz
Major GreazzzzMaster

Postby skaterchild3 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:
skaterchild3 wrote:I think this is a horrible Idea. If you play team games and you have that option, it would prevent lower ranks (Privates, Cadets, Cooks, Recruits) From ever finding a match. Eventually causing them to give up and quit.

They wouldn't be able to play each other? Lord knows they could always play me, since I'm perpetually stuck below Sergeant.

And I'm am perpetually stuck below Private.
TheProwler wrote:I love talking about myself.

Haywood Jablomie wrote:your dice are slaying me!!!
Cook skaterchild3

Postby BaldAdonis on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:02 pm

This already exists. Go to callouts, find the thread with the level of players you wish to compete against, and find out what their standard password is. Make up some private games and post em in the thread.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Thezzaruz on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 am

And in addition this suggestion is already on the "To-Do" list under "Rejected Ideas". -> Clicky for the old thread
In short, it was rejected in 2006 and has been again every time it has come up since and I'm sure it will be this time too.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am

Yeah this idea is open to Risk Snobbery. Any rank should be able to play any rank.The better player will prevail.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't think there should be a limit as to who can enter the game. However, there could be a dropdown in game finder that allows one to search for games with the rank one is looking for.

e.g. I want to play a 1v1 game against a captain. I can use the dropdown to narrow my search against all players waiting in a 1v1 game. Just a way to narrow searches further since there are so many games awaiting players.

Note: Anything below sgt. shouldn't be included so people can't go looking for noobs and bad players.
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Join the Officer's Mess usergroup :)
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby obliterationX on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:04 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Join the Officer's Mess usergroup :)

This.
Colonel obliterationX

Start A Game

Postby babagonosh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:13 pm

I like playing new people, but i dislike playing new people that deadbeat or are clueless.

In the section where you start a new game ... Would it be possible to add a rank limitation as one of the game options? So that those who would like t test their skill against more even ranked players can choose to do so.

Thx for reading this
babagonosh
Captain babagonosh

Re: Start A Game

Postby Night Strike on Mon May 04, 2009 10:21 pm

This has been rejected MANY, MANY times. Please do a forum search before making the suggestion. You can check out the Callouts forum for private ranked games and leagues.
Major Night Strike

Re: Blocking System

Postby THORNHEART on Thu May 28, 2009 7:25 pm

LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!
Corporal THORNHEART

Re: Blocking System

Postby sailorseal on Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 pm

THORNHEART wrote:LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!

Please do not flame people for rejecting your suggestion on an online gaming site, it is just annoying
Cook sailorseal

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions