Conquer Club

[GP] Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: "Back to Attack" Button

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:53 pm

This has been suggested many times before. This would royally screw over many Freestyle games. All we can say is, be more careful.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby RedRing on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Nah, Although this would have helped me out many times, in the real world, you can't time travel. Just like in Chess and Checkers, once you take your hand off of the piece, your move is over.

I feel your pain, but it's no one's fault but ourselves.
Sergeant RedRing

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

Similar suggestions have been proposed and rejected multiple times.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

The Undo Button

Postby c224! on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 am

First off let me say, that im sorry if someone else has already posted this.

Have you ever been in a freestyle game, that requires fast movement, and sometimes you click the wrong button? Well that has happened to me alot recently, in freestyle, speed, or just regular. I've clicked the end assaults button all the time by accident, and that totally screws up my turn, and possibly gives my opponent the opportunity to hit me and take advantage or my mistake. This new button would simpily fix those mistakes, but you couldnt use it to take away an assualt you just did, it would only help if you already ended assaults.
Major c224!

Re: The Undo Button

Postby Joodoo on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 am

Too easily abused and therefore, will be rejected.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 am

How could that be abused? He's not asking to undo assaults. Once you're in reinforcement phase (but before making reinforcements), a way to go back to assaults.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby c224! on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Yea, the undo button would only help after you ended assaults and before you forted a territory. Other risk websites that i've been to have this and it seems to work very well.
Major c224!

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 pm

and that pesky thing called searching. you aren't sorry if you didnt search. its there. the reason it doesnt work is freestyle. simply, o, im not done attacking, im gonna go eliminate someone now. just pay attention to what you're doing and be careful.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:58 am

Undo ain't in the spirit of strategy games :lol:

Seriously though, I think the abuse factor is way too huge here. An alternative would be to use a confirmation button ("you sure you want to end your attack?") though I'm not sure it would be very useful because most people (who would use that option) would just click "yes" and later start thinking about what the hell they agreed with.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Woltato on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I think this is a good idea.

After clicking end assaults have a button for "continue assaults" when in the reinforcements screen. Make this button only available before any reinforcements have been made.

This would enable you to go back a step and carry on with assaults and just means that pressing "end assaults" by accident isn't a fatal mistake. I can't see any scope for abuse freestyle or not.

I think having "Are you sure [YES] [NO]" pop up everytime "end assaults" is clicked would get very annoying.
Sergeant Woltato

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Woltato wrote:I think this is a good idea.

After clicking end assaults have a button for "continue assaults" when in the reinforcements screen. Make this button only available before any reinforcements have been made.

This would enable you to go back a step and carry on with assaults and just means that pressing "end assaults" by accident isn't a fatal mistake. I can't see any scope for abuse freestyle or not.

I think having "Are you sure [YES] [NO]" pop up everytime "end assaults" is clicked would get very annoying.

Really? Someone hits end assaults in Freestyle, intending to reinforce. Then someone breaks your bonus. You now get to Go back to assaults and retake you're bonus. Someone is going for an elimination, you come out of Reinforcements to steal the kill.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MichelSableheart on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 am

@TFO: but wouldn't the effect be the same as when the player hadn't clicked end assaults, but just waited? It doesn't show up in the log when a player ends assaults, only when he makes his first reinforcement. After which the button wouldn't be available anymore.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby Woltato on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woltato wrote:I think this is a good idea.

Really? Someone hits end assaults in Freestyle, intending to reinforce. Then someone breaks your bonus. You now get to Go back to assaults and retake you're bonus. Someone is going for an elimination, you come out of Reinforcements to steal the kill.

Surely you can do this already by just sitting and waiting and not pressing end assaults?
Sergeant Woltato

Postby Qwert on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

If these whas possible,then britains will save many lives in battle of somme.
Freestyle or not, you have plenty time to play carefull, not to move wrong moves fast. If you can not do that,then play no frestyle games.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

The Undo Button or Take Back Move Button

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:21 am

I was going to post the subject line suggestion, but I see these following suggestions already in suggs forum. Some have been rejected. Some are still in suggestions. They all talk about the same thing. If possible, could they be merged into one topic?

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=121603&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127248&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117639&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=9718&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105587&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102533&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84273&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74881&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65114&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52055&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=42758&start=0&hilit=undo
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=35264&hilit=undo

And please merge this topic in with those.

For the record, I support a limited undo button to be used in sequential games only (per the obvious problems it can bring about in freestyle) and does not allow a player to take back a fortification move, does not allow a player to take back an attack. Simply put: Allows a player to undo clicking on the "end assaults" button. Lets them go back to attacking - only in sequential games.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: The Undo Button or Take Back Move Button

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:26 am

I support this. Given that it's only for Sequential games and that (I imagine) it would only be able to be used before you fortify anything, it seems reasonable, and I don't see how it could be abused.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 am

Allows a player to undo clicking on the "end assaults"

If it is only limited to the "end assaults" button, then I support this suggestion.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 am

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:I support this. Given that it's only for Sequential games and that (I imagine) it would only be able to be used before you fortify anything, it seems reasonable, and I don't see how it could be abused.

I agree, obviously, and thank you to TFO for bringing all of these suggestions together in one. There seems to be a lot of long standing support for this. Sticky?

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: "Continue Assaults" Button

Postby Falkomagno on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm

so. Implement this please
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Undo button

Postby brkryk17 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 am

How many times have you accidentally hit end assaults or end reinforcement when you didn't mean to? Is it possible for CC members to undo an action within a given amount of time? Sometimes, playing this game becomes so routine, that you do make careless errors that do impact the game significantly. It would be nice if you had the opportunity to see what happens on the map after you think your done, and then if you realize that you forgot to attack, or hit the incorrect button go back and make the necessary changes.

Of course, I guess, I should be more careful, but again, sometimes you just do things out of habit and it's the wrong thing!!

Thanks,
B
Major brkryk17

Re: Undo button

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 am

never happened..
also, you can instal bob and then get are you sure buttons, confirmation buttons.
but other then that i dont know.
maybe add this as a suggestion to the suggestions forum?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby talonz on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Please please please implement this! Twice today I did this when trying to do my turn quickly and it never would have happened in a real life game, due to the limited screen size, drop down menus defaulting or showing a name different than the one you thought it was etc. I tend to equate the button on my bottom right as the 'do it' button when looking at my assault menus and click it all the time.

aaaaagh.
Colonel talonz

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm

talonz wrote:Please please please implement this! Twice today I did this when trying to do my turn quickly and it never would have happened in a real life game, due to the limited screen size, drop down menus defaulting or showing a name different than the one you thought it was etc. I tend to equate the button on my bottom right as the 'do it' button when looking at my assault menus and click it all the time.

aaaaagh.

The site has fundamentally objected to this idea. I'm sorry, but it will not be implemented!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

able to go back to attack after hit reinforce and not reinfo

Postby wildwilliam on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm

You should be able to go back to attack after you hit reinforce if you have not reinforced anything.

if you accidentally hit reinforce (like when I play on my phone) or just realize you should not and do not mean to, you can go back to attacking instead of leaving yourself out to dry. It would not be a harm because from what I can tell no ones knows when you have hit the reinforce button if you have not reinforced anything except for you, so you would not be able to trick people into stop attacking then go back to attacking.

This might have already been mentioned, but I am not sure.
Corporal wildwilliam

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions