Conquer Club

[GP] Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Resume Attack

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 am

I unfortunately hit the end attack button during my turn instead of the attack button, I was distracted only for a moment. The game was an escalating game and of course this was the end of my turn ( no going back to attack ) and no more cards for me :( .

I would like to see a resume attack button, where if you decide you would like to further attack you can if you end attacks to early. This would have to be done of course before reinforcements. I have seen this happen to a couple of other players as well.

I tried to see if this had been suggested before but couldn't find. I think this could be a useful addition.

Regards,
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Re: Resume attack

Postby eigenvector on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 am

I heartily second this proposal. =D> :!:

Like many others I had games ruined by the lack of this feature - including one recently where it actually happened to my opponent, turning an epic armageddon to a boringly easy victory for me.
Cook eigenvector

Postby soundman on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm

This has happened to me a couple of times. Would like to see this implemented! :)
Lieutenant soundman

Postby paulk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Yes, something should be done about this.

I have earlier suggested background colors on the buttons (red/blue/green/yellow etc.) and fixed positions (so they not show up on the same spot) but a resume attack button would be great too.

All improvements are extremely easy to do with a minimum of CSS.

Major paulk

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 pm

With the BOB addon (see viewtopic.php?f=59&t=91386) you can opt to have a confirmation when you hit 'End Assaults/Reinforcements'. It would be nice to see this option incorporated into the site though.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Agreed ManBungalow with Bob, my connection makes it difficult to use...it slows me down too much in speed games from China. Not everyone wishes to use Bob it is an add on admittedly. So if we could have this for the regular members who don't know about the monkey in the far right bottom of the screen it could be a useful addition to the end attack button, just my 2 cents.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Undo for deploy and reinforce in sequential games.

Postby tkirby on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 am

Reading fuzzy text on a map and trying to match it up to names in a pulldown menu is non-intuitive and error prone. It would be nice to have the option to undo an errant deployment or reinforce. Ive lost more games than i can count due to misreading names and deploying in the wrong spot or reinforcing the wrong direction. This change wouldn't affect gameplay at all but would keep stupid mistakes from ruining an otherwise good game.
Sergeant 1st Class tkirby

Re: Undo for deploy and reinforce in sequential games.

Postby knubbel on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 am

great idea!
Major knubbel

Postby ben79 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:49 am

indeed a great idea !
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 am

Perhaps an alternative would be to make the selected territories flash (like in the clickable maps add-on) once they're selected from the drop-down menu.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby nippersean on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 am

I do like this! First ever s&b I've thought great - I wish!
Brigadier nippersean

Postby jefjef on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:51 am

I have always wished we had an undo on the deploy. Even an undo on end assault.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Blinkadyblink on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 pm

I completely agree with this suggestion.
And for anyone who is having problems with the dropdown menus, I recommend the much more intuitive clickable maps.
Major Blinkadyblink

Postby Woodruff on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 pm

There seem to be no negatives to this suggestion.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jammyjames on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:08 pm

only negative i see. is people that backstab others... quite a lot of strategy comes from when a person goes onto forts... reversing this would just cause trouble in games... i can assure you of that
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby nippersean on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Are you talking specifically freestyle Jammy?
Brigadier nippersean

Postby jammyjames on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:32 pm

nippersean wrote:Are you talking specifically freestyle Jammy?

:lol: :lol: yeah sorry.. too much of a freestyle addict i forgot about sequential. lol

anyway to correct mistakes, would be perfect on sequential, but i couldnt see it working on freestyle... main reason being in team games too... i could end, fort all my men to my teamate, then he take some out forts back to me and i attack.. apart from that it works perfectly
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Woodruff on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:54 pm

jammyjames wrote:only negative i see. is people that backstab others... quite a lot of strategy comes from when a person goes onto forts... reversing this would just cause trouble in games... i can assure you of that

But that doesn't impact sequential games, which this suggestion only relates to. I agree that it's unworkable for freestyle games.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Add the D'oh! button

Postby Halmir on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Concise description:
  • Add an extra button that re-opens the previous game section if you've closed it in error, but only if it makes no difference.

Specifics:
  • allow people to do more attacking if they've hit End Attacks when they meant to carry on, or do more reinforcing if they didn't mean to hit End Reinforcements.
  • this does NOT allow folks to attack, reinforce then carry on attacking again!

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • it's kinder to helpless clutzes like me who about once a month hit the wrong button in error, when I wanted to carry on doing that some more ! Come on, admit it, we've all done it at one time or another :)
Lieutenant Halmir

Re: Add the D'oh! button

Postby Timminz on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Halmir wrote:Come on, admit it, we've all done it at one time or another :)

True, but we've all attacked the wrong territory, or hit auto-attack by mistake, too. I would suggest chalking these errors up to, "I made a stupid mistake, and hopefully this will teach me to be more careful in the future."

In other words, "This has been suggested, and rejected, numerous times."
Captain Timminz

Postby Tezu on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:54 am

I would ad a D'oh button to deploying armies as well... It's happened to me that I deploy on a territory while meaning to deploy on another... Obviously this would be possible only before the first attack...
Lieutenant Tezu

Postby jefjef on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:05 am

I do it about every game. I luv the Undo concept.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

UNDO button

Postby DeadCenter on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Concise description: Add an UNDO button. It CANNOT be used for bad rolls or attacks that went sour or anything in the Assaults phase, but rather for when one hits "End Assaults" on accident, give that player a chance to UNDO this action and return to the Assaults phase.

Specifics: UNDO button [READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING]
  • "UNDO" option after "End Assaults".
  • The UNDO button does NOT undo attacks you've made (good or bad these are permanently done).
  • The UNDO button only appears after one presses the "End Assaults" button, then the UNDO button promptly "grays out" or disappears if you make your first reinforcement (the "why" behind all this will follow in the next section).
  • The only function of the UNDO button is to return from the Reinforcement phase to the Assaults phase.
  • UNDO does not alter the time period of one hour a player is given to complete his/her turn.

This will improve the following aspects of the site: I play from my phone sometime. My phone has a smaller screen than some smart phones (or maybe my fingers are just too big). I sometimes inadvertently tap the "End Assaults" button. The phone's touch screen is small enough it doesn't accurately decipher the button I am trying to press at times and thus I "End Assaults" when I did not intend to. The UNDO button would come in to play here (it would only have a very short time frame of use/availability). As I did not intend to "End Assaults" & go to the Reinforcement phase, I would quickly press the UNDO button and, assuming I was still within the hour limit to take my turn, would return & properly finish my Assaults phase (which I never meant to leave in the first place), then go on to the Reinforcement phase. If I ended the Assaults phase and began reinforcing then the UNDO button becomes unavailable. This is something I never foresee using on my desktop or laptop, have only ever had this problem happen on my phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER ALTERNATIVES (I haven't sat on these ideas long enough to make a final decision on their applicability):
  • Create a Conquer Club APP for smart phones - this would alleviate any need for an UNDO button in my specific scenario, but I believe the option would still be of use to others.
  • ***Add an additional, more expanded UNDO function on team games that includes the function above, but stays available in the Reinforcement phase only (you can NEVER undo an attack) in TEAM settings so that when you accidentally reinforce your teammate and meant to reinforce yourself, you don't completely lose out on those troops and have to wait for your teammate to take hisher turn, give them back to you, and THEN have them back in your possesion.***
  • If we we're all perfect these options would be unnecessary. We're not though. We're human. Hence the suggestions here & above.
Private DeadCenter

Re: UNDO button

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:39 pm

first, boldness (and big letters) are used to highlight an important point. When you bold everything, it ruins the point and just makes the whole thing harder to read.

On topic, the suggestion is good. If I have a lot of turns to take I do this sometimes and forget to attack in one spot or another.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Re: UNDO button

Postby squishyg on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm

oh man, i really wanted an undo button the other day. but for a different reason. i have a lot of trouble telling the difference between pink and red on cc and i deployed on the wrong region. i could have won that turn too. so, i would be open to an undo button if it included mis-deployment, since that's the area i mess up on the most.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions