Conquer Club

[XML] infected neutrals

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: infected neutrals - FINAL PROPOSAL: page 22 [To-Do]

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:23 am

So I was wondering - do we have any inkling of a proposed date for this?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Probably next update, probably in a few weeks. The summer update.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby arebez on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:51 pm

that would be cool sh-t
Corporal arebez

Postby bbqpenguin on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:15 pm

this has likely been discussed already, but again, i'm much too lazy to go digging through those posts, so

how will the zombies work in freestyle? they go last in the turn, but what if people don't end their turn and time runs out? will they automatically go at the instant time runs out? that could make things interesting quick, assuming their entire turn happens in an instance
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Postby cicero on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 am

bbqpenguin wrote:this has likely been discussed already, but again, i'm much too lazy to go digging through those posts, so

how will the zombies work in freestyle? they go last in the turn, but what if people don't end their turn and time runs out? will they automatically go at the instant time runs out? that could make things interesting quick, assuming their entire turn happens in an instance

You don't actually have to read all the posts, just the Final Proposal on page 22 as indicated in the thread title ...

Final Proposal on page 22 wrote:The infected neutral turn occurs immediately after the end of each game round before the start of the next game round.

This is true for all game types - both freestyle and sequential.
[The current naming is "infected neutrals" not "zombies".]
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 am

Man I can't wait for this...

This change would really lift Conquer Club clear from it's rivals - no other site has this.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Joodoo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 am

I don't think these two questions have been answered yet...
1.Can infected neutrals get cards when they conquer at least one territory? If so, does a player get their cards if the infected neutral is eliminated?
2.Can infected neutrals fortify? Ex.In the classic map, red has western Australia and is surrounded by infected neutrals . Red is killed by the infected neutrals. Logically, they would fortify all of their armies to Indonesia or Siam. Do infected neutrals do that?

I can't wait for this to be released!
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby lancehoch on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 pm

They have both been answered, I believe. And the answers are: no cards for neutrals, and no fortifications.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Simon Viavant on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:32 pm

I think the armies shouldn't start increasing until round 4 or 5, because otherwise it would be very hard to get a continent, unless you're really lucky, and if someone got a really lucky start they'd be the undisputed winner of that game right from the start.
Corporal Simon Viavant

Postby cicero on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:07 am

yeti_c wrote:Man I can't wait for this...

This change would really lift Conquer Club clear from it's rivals - no other site has this.

And thank you to my viral campaign manager ;)

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby cicero on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:09 am

Joodoo wrote:I don't think these two questions have been answered yet...
1.Can infected neutrals get cards when they conquer at least one territory? If so, does a player get their cards if the infected neutral is eliminated?
2.Can infected neutrals fortify? Ex.In the classic map, red has western Australia and is surrounded by infected neutrals . Red is killed by the infected neutrals. Logically, they would fortify all of their armies to Indonesia or Siam. Do infected neutrals do that?

I can't wait for this to be released!

Please check the Final Proposal on page 22 as indicated in the thread title for answers to questions like these ...

Final Proposal on page 22 wrote:// Note that regardless of game settings infected neutrals make NO fortifications.
// Note that regardless of game settings infected neutrals receive NO cards.
[see last two lines of last code section]

Like you, I can't wait !!

Sergeant cicero

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 am

I think once the infected neutrals arrive people will call on adaptations that can make bombardments, and can collect cards and can make fortifications, etc.

On a side note I have just realised cicero has an account on Mafia Scum...
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby cicero on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 am

max is gr8 wrote:I think once the infected neutrals arrive people will call on adaptations that can make bombardments, and can collect cards and can make fortifications, etc.
I wonder if they will ...
Personally I like the infected neutrals because they are not AI players - which is what such adaptations would seem to move them towards. I believe keeping them as they are proposed will make the best contribution to enhancing the CC experience ... But we will see when they are implemented.
[And no, I have no idea when that will be ... :(]

max is gr8 wrote:On a side note I have just realised cicero has an account on Mafia Scum...
There may be an account with the name "cicero" on the site you mention. It's not me.
Sergeant cicero

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 am

There not you? Odd, never mind.
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby imcooler on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:44 pm

i like it but definatley not as the standard setting. but it would be good as an option.
Sergeant 1st Class imcooler

Re: FINAL PROPOSAL

Postby bedub1 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:18 pm

cicero wrote:I have drawn this post to the attention of the site owners/moderators [specifically Lack & Twill].
I would prefer that we, as community members, await their 'official' feedback/criticism before making any significant edits to this proposal.
There aren't any responses in this thread since your post on page 22. Have they given their "official" feedback/criticism yet?

If they have given it the go ahead, and that's why it's on the To-Do list....maybe this should be stickied so it remains at the top.
Colonel bedub1

Postby lancehoch on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 pm

It is being implemented, but there are other, more pressing things that lack is implementing first.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:44 am

I have an idea about this, the infected neutrals could attack in order of amount of units, e.g. Western Aus has 30 infected, Eastern Aus has 40 normal, New Guinea has 30 normal

Eatern Aus is attacked until goes below thirty and from then changes as the highest numbers change.
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby cicero on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:15 pm

max is gr8 wrote:I have an idea about this, the infected neutrals could attack in order of amount of units, e.g. Western Aus has 30 infected, Eastern Aus has 40 normal, New Guinea has 30 normal

Eatern Aus is attacked until goes below thirty and from then changes as the highest numbers change.

That option was considered max, but in the end we decided on the version described in the Final Proposal on page 22 for reasons which, if you've read the thread, are clear ;).

Sergeant cicero

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Two questions:

1. This option does disappear for games like AoR and fedual right? Some person new to the site might get kind of annoyed if that happens.
2. You mentioned that there were no maps with killer neutrals. There is now a map with a killer neutral. How will that neutral behave?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:31 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Two questions:

1. This option does disappear for games like AoR and fedual right? Some person new to the site might get kind of annoyed if that happens.

I personally am very much looking forward to FW with zombies...
2. You mentioned that there were no maps with killer neutrals. There is now a map with a killer neutral. How will that neutral behave?
I expect it shouldn't be a problem... Logically, things should still work as they always do. Killer Neutrals come in on a player's turn. If that territ is then still neutral by the end of the round, it will (if applicable) attack like other INs would.

At first glance, it might seem a little imbalanced, because if red starts the round, and has his territ taken over by KNs, then there's 7 rounds for others to take that territ back by a player before the INs go, whereas if gray loses a territ to KNs, then the INs will move right away. But it still balances out, because it's just as likely that blue will destroy the KNs next to red before the INs go, or destroy Gray's armies on the territ, therefore delaying the KNs from acting that round at all.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:55 pm

I have read through the whole of the thread, but easier to program does not mean it makes more sense, they're infected not insane
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby cicero on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:11 pm

max is gr8 wrote:I have read through the whole of the thread, but easier to program does not mean it makes more sense, they're infected not insane
Being easier to program wasn't the reason.

Max, if you want to put forward an idea to improve this suggestion further you're going to need to explain the benefits of your variation over the existing version as detailed in the proposal more clearly.

Sergeant cicero

Postby knubbel on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 pm

I did not read the hole thread, so I do not know if it has already been said:
In sequential games the last player of a round has a huge advantage to the other players because he can influence the zombies movement.
For example he could free a huge zombie armee and let his territority with a 1. The Zombie will get this 1 and after that attack another player (because of alphabetic order).
Hope you can understand what I mean.
knubbel
Major knubbel

Postby cicero on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:19 pm

knubbel wrote:In sequential games the last player of a round has a huge advantage to the other players because he can influence the zombies movement.
For example he could free a huge zombie armee and let his territority with a 1. The Zombie will get this 1 and after that attack another player (because of alphabetic order).
Hope you can understand what I mean.
Hi knubbel, thanks for your interest in this suggestion. And yes, the point you raise has already been discussed [ ;) ] and we pretty much came to the following conclusions:

Yes, there is an advantage in playing last in the round - ie immediately before the infected neutrals (zombies) because, as you say, that player can be absolutely sure how the infected neutrals will play in their next turn.
However, this advantage is in part offset by the natural disadvantage of going last in a round. Further if a player adopts the tactic you describe - leaving a border territory with only one army on it - that territory will still have only one army on it when all the other players take their turns even if the infected neutrals ignore it.

Overall the consensus seems to be that these advantages/disadvantages balance out in the game as a whole.

Cicero

Sergeant cicero

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions