Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

voteable end game

Postby talonz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Some games devolve into a static grindfest where nothing really changes and everybody stacks and takes 1 region over and over in the hopes that someone else will lose patience and make the first move/mistake.

Boring.

It would be great if past a certain round limit all players can vote to end the game without points loss or something.

Or is there a way to have a game editied and a round limit added once its begun? Can and admin do that?
Colonel talonz

Re: voteable end game

Postby barackattack on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Play games with round limits if you don't want the possibility of ending up in a stalemate.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby talonz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah thanks, im looking for other options beyond the obvious.
Colonel talonz

Postby barackattack on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Suggestions like this have been tried before and they won't work out.

First, there won't be games worth no points. That's not something that will happen.

Second, a button to forfeit has been used before and it was abused, so it was removed.

Another option is to try to create a tiebreaker game with all of the people involved. Whoever wins the tiebreaker, gets to win the original.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Resign/Forfeit Option

Postby CondestƔvel on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.

Landgrab.net has the option to leave the game and there is no drama, never was, never will.

But what's really off-putting is the contempt that CC staff chide users with. All these years so many people have just been asking for what is logical and you are the adamant minority against it, giving excuses like "omg and now the spoils" - logically the player turns into a Neutral and the spoils remain attached to it.

Once again it's all about business. Just admit that it is a way to encourage people buying an account. It's acceptable.

But then again, this is nothing personal, it's directed at the site, not you. Please don't feel offended.
Lieutenant CondestƔvel

Postby Roussallier on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Good idea, though I don't mind wars of attrition they definitely are not everyone's cup of tea.
Major Roussallier

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 am

CondestƔvel wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.

Landgrab.net has the option to leave the game and there is no drama, never was, never will.

But what's really off-putting is the contempt that CC staff chide users with. All these years so many people have just been asking for what is logical and you are the adamant minority against it, giving excuses like "omg and now the spoils" - logically the player turns into a Neutral and the spoils remain attached to it.

Once again it's all about business. Just admit that it is a way to encourage people buying an account. It's acceptable.

But then again, this is nothing personal, it's directed at the site, not you. Please don't feel offended.

Wise up. The nature of the players on this site is to cheat in some way, shape, or form. Multies, account sitting abuse (several forms), farming, and bending the rules in other ways to gain points. And you want to add a "resign/forfeit" button?!?!? Like the mods aren't up to their necks in shite already.... "adamant minority" my ass. Try "informed and sensible minority" (on this occasion) .
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby CondestƔvel on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:
CondestƔvel wrote:

Wise up. The nature of the players on this site is to cheat in some way, shape, or form. Multies, account sitting abuse (several forms), farming, and bending the rules in other ways to gain points. And you want to add a "resign/forfeit" button?!?!? Like the mods aren't up to their necks in shite already.... "adamant minority" my ass. Try "informed and sensible minority" (on this occasion) .

How can people abuse of the Resign option and cheat with it?
Lieutenant CondestƔvel

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm

CondestƔvel wrote:How can people abuse of the Resign option and cheat with it?

Losing on purpose is against the rules. If the button is there people can forfeit on purpose and throw points to people.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 am

I have another suggestion to add to this brilliant thread:

Make Cheating Against the Rules!

Then people can't cheat.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I have another suggestion to add to this brilliant thread:

Make Cheating Against the Rules!

Then people can't cheat.

+1 =D>
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby CondestƔvel on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 pm

chapcrap wrote:

Losing on purpose is against the rules. If the button is there people can forfeit on purpose and throw points to people.

Sorry, that's a false dilemma.

Nobody throws points away, only multiaccounted people.

Anyone can throw points without a Resign button. Takes a couple of minutes farming. Staff members have done that.

Learn with Landgrab, it's miles above this one in every sense, specially regarding mentality and maturity, you know, those minor details.
Lieutenant CondestƔvel

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Joshy's signature gets more & more relevant every day. ;)
Major drunkmonkey

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 pm

CondestƔvel wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Anyone can throw points without a Resign button. Takes a couple of minutes farming. Staff members have done that.

A resign button makes it a lot easier to throw points than losing on purpose. It was abused in the past, that's why it got taken away.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby CondestƔvel on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 am

chapcrap wrote:
CondestƔvel wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

A resign button makes it a lot easier to throw points than losing on purpose. It was abused in the past, that's why it got taken away.

As I said, it works well in other sites. It's easier to spot people forfeiting on purpose than an elephant swimming in a pool.

Besides, it could be implemented for players who meet some requirements, eg "can only forfeit when reaching a certain number of wins" or "has at least X ranking".

I'm sorry, these are all staff strategies and limitations to... You know what, money. How many premium accounts at the moment? 1000? 2000? 25k 50k per year? That's a whole lot of money.
Lieutenant CondestƔvel

A "resign" button...

Postby imrano on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

could reduce deadbeating, or generally having to finish the game when losing or hating a beta map.
Lieutenant imrano

Re: A "resign" button...

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

This won't come back to CC. Sorry.

Needs moved and merged.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby imrano on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm new so sorry i didn't realise it was a previous feature. Shame it's been taken down though..
Lieutenant imrano

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm

imrano wrote:I'm new so sorry i didn't realise it was a previous feature. Shame it's been taken down though..

I never experienced the feature either. It was a feature when the site first started. Before my time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

imrano wrote:I'm new so sorry i didn't realise it was a previous feature. Shame it's been taken down though..

It's alright! It led to a lot of game abuse, so it was decided that it was easier to just not have it around :). No problem though! If you have any more Suggestions for the site, please feel free to visit the Suggestionsforum :) (unless it's a tool, then come back here). Seeya around,

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Forfeit button for Trench.

Postby SimplyObsessed on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Trench is fun, but it's so boring when the winner is obvious but you have to go through what seems like countless rounds because you can only move one territory at a time. Maybe the option should be available in 1v1 only after one person has twice the number of troops than the other?
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Re: Forfeit button for Trench.

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 am

if you want to be taken seriously then use the form
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:26 am

This has been suggested before for all maps. Merge, please.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby SimplyObsessed on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 am

agentcom wrote:This has been suggested before for all maps. Merge, please.

No, please don't merge. This suggestion is specific to trench, which is new, and for which a forfeit button has never been suggested in this forum. I suggested it for Trench because it takes so much longer to end a game to to assaulting restrictions when there is a clear winner than other settings, that I don't think should have a forfeit option.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions